Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: ESC 2018 General Discussion Thread

1. Active Member
    Canada

Re: ESC 2018 General Discussion Thread

Rankings based on the Total Number of Top-15 Rankings in the Televote.

-Cyprus, who got points from everyone was the only country to get placed in the Top 15 by all others.

-Austria, Australia, and France had stronger televoting support than their points indicated, each placing 6 spots higher in this table than the actual televoting points table. Sweden, similarly, moves up 5 spots.

-Serbia, who placed 12th in the televote, only places 17th in # of Top 10 placings and 19th in # of Top 15 placings. Ukraine, who placed 7th in the televote only ranks tied for 9th in # of Top 10 placings and 14th in # of Top 15 placings. This shows that both countries had televoting support that was localized to a smaller number of countries who gave them high points). Similarly, Lithuania didn't have as many high televote rankings as one might have suspected.

-Portugal, Spain, and Slovenia with ridiculously low televoting support.
    Likes  sigi, Stiven liked this post

2. Junkie
    Lithuania
    come to our nation, it has basketball and great beer

why discussing 2018 in a 2019 subthread?
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

We're not permanent, we're temporary

3. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by BernadetteCydonia View Post
    why discussing 2018 in a 2019 subthread?
    Yes this is confusing. I think eventually there will be a new subsection
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

4. Addict
    Australia

Based on the 2015 voting system...

1 Israel 336 =
    2 Cyprus 266 =
    3 Germany 216 +1
    4 Austria 211 -1
    5 Czech Republic 161 +1
    6 Estonia 151 +2
    7 Italy 148 -2
    8 Moldova 103 +2
    9 France 99 +4
    10 Ireland 91 +6
    11 Sweden 89 -4
    12 Denmark 86 -3
    13 Norway 74 +2
    14 Lithuania 72 -2
    15 Albania 70 -4
    16 Bulgaria 69 -2
    17 Netherlands 51 -1
    18 Serbia 36 +1
    19 Ukraine 36 -2
    20 Australia 32 =
    21 Hungary 23 =
    22 Portugal 20 +4
    23 Finland 16 +2
    24 UK 14 =
    25 Slovenia 13 -3
    26 Spain 11 -3

5. Addict
    Sweden

To popavapeur, AshleyWright and midnightsun:

I still think it is a different attitude against us in ESC nowdays and nothing you say will change this for me, Benjamin himself talked about this in SVT after the contest and he could actually feel it too...

And stop ignore the reactions that was in the arena and in the press centre, it was obvious.

One of the biggest cheers in the arena when it comes to the whole voting process was when we got 21 points from televote, and that was absolutely not a reaction of shock only if we say so...
    And the press center reaction was even more clear, just look at the videos.

I get that it has been much focus on Sweden in ESC the past years and I understand that some may think it is getting a bit boring, BUT that is still no reason whatsoever for this hate.
    You can read the most pathetic conspiracy theorys, Sweden decides the running order, gives bribes to the juries/EBU and controlling everything in ESC etc.
    And now even our artists that competes are beeing affected by this?!

As said this has gone too far and it is ridiculous.

Iīm not mad of the result or something, 7th place is really good, we Swedes donīt demand to win every year.
    I was hoping for a top 5 this year, but would also be happy with at least a 8th place and we managed that! We are all proud of Benjamin!

The thing that irritates me is the whole attitude against us.
    Likes  LalehForWD liked this post

6. Guru
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Swedenvision View Post
    To popavapeur, AshleyWright and midnightsun:

I still think it is a different attitude against us in ESC nowdays and nothing you say will change this for me, Benjamin himself talked about this in SVT after the contest and he could actually feel it too...

And stop ignore the reactions that was in the arena and in the press centre, it was obvious.

One of the biggest cheers in the arena when it comes to the whole voting process was when we got 21 points from televote, and that was absolutely not a reaction of shock only if we say so...
    And the press center reaction was even more clear, just look at the videos.

I get that it has been much focus on Sweden in ESC the past years and I understand that some may think it is getting a bit boring, BUT that is still no reason whatsoever for this hate.
    You can read the most pathetic conspiracy theorys, Sweden decides the running order, gives bribes to the juries/EBU and controlling everything in ESC etc.
    And now even our artists that competes are beeing affected by this?!

As said this has gone too far and it is ridiculous.

Iīm not mad of the result or something, 7th place is really good, we Swedes donīt demand to win every year.
    I was hoping for a top 5 this year, but would also be happy with at least a 8th place and we managed that! We are all proud of Benjamin!

The thing that irritates me is the whole attitude against us.
    Because we didn't liked your song. Easy and fair I guess. We thought 2nd was way to high.

7. Legend
    Sweden

Hate is a strong word, but there's definitely a sense of petty-minded grudge, envy, antipathy, schadenfreude osv against Sweden in Eurovision. No question about it and it's dishonest and ignorant trying to deny it. All other Eurovision forums and social media discuss the issue openly, why not this one? The fact it is such sensitive subject at this forum is weird and suspicious. Furthermore, the sense of a political undertone in this loathing is strong and I'd say undeniable. And again, there's actually proof of a systematic structural execution of defamation against Sweden. The press manager on the official Eurovision site, Jarmo Siim used press ackreditation to blackmail press and bloggers to write anti-Swedish articles. As revealed by Tobbe Ek at Aftonbladet newspaper.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesblad...cle20839813.ab
    Likes  Swedenvision liked this post

8. Mentor
    Ireland

Likes  lavieenrose, Alaska49 liked this post

9. Addict
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Himan View Post
    Because we didn't liked your song. Easy and fair I guess. We thought 2nd was way to high.
    So because you didnīt like our song give you enough reason to hate on Sweden and Benjamin the way we have seen this year? I didnīt like some songs this year either but I donīt sitting here and talk shit about that country or the artist!

Do you hear how patehtic that is for excuse?

10. Guru
    Japan

I lost my shite when Sweden was 2nd in jury voting, because Austria would obviously flop in televoting, and even if Cyprus won televoting as expected, Sweden could still easily win the whole thing as there was 70 points difference with Cyprus and 40 with Israel, another contender for televote.

I think the reason audience was screaming of joy when Sweden got 21 points is the same. We were so afraid they would win that it was more than we asked for, when they got 4th last

And the reason we don't want Sweden is also clear. There are many reasons tbh.
    Likes  mauve, anto475, randajad liked this post