Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Nations League 2018/19

1. Ninja
    Netherlands

Re: UEFA Nations League 2018/19

NL will be very dangerous for any team. The players you name aren't the ones who are going to play. NL had as much points as Sweden in qualification and won their last game against them. Later in friendlies NL won 3-0 against Portugal. Of course we haven't the depth of Germany or France, but we will be very dangerous and are getting good again on every position. And I also believe NL were capable of reaching QF in last WC. Nothing is more dangerous than underestimating the Dutch team I've learned in 2008 and 2014!
    The NetherlandsBananKenya

2. Veteran
    Germany

I wonder why Klaassen isnt nominated though

3. Ninja
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    I wonder why Klaassen isnt nominated though
    That's a bit strange, I guess he should play first? With France as opponent you should expect that we play 5-3-2 of 4-2-3-1 or something like that. Though Prpper, Vilhena, Strootman, Blind and Wijnaldum are above him right now.

4. Ninja
    United States

I will put my Nations League Predictions in this post in the coming days.

5. Ninja
    United States

Good to see Hateboer and de Roon called up. Both playing well for Atalanta who have gotten off to a great start this season.

6. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Himan View Post
    NL will be very dangerous for any team. The players you name aren't the ones who are going to play. NL had as much points as Sweden in qualification and won their last game against them. Later in friendlies NL won 3-0 against Portugal. Of course we haven't the depth of Germany or France, but we will be very dangerous and are getting good again on every position. And I also believe NL were capable of reaching QF in last WC. Nothing is more dangerous than underestimating the Dutch team I've learned in 2008 and 2014!
    I think the fact that we did not reach the play-offs for the WC was just rather unlucky. Of course those games against France and Bulgaria were bloody awful, but why did that ref disallow Bas Dost's goal in the 90th minute to make it 1-2 against Sweden?

7. Ninja
    Netherlands

Or the 2-1 of Sweden in the last minute against France. Or the 8-0 out of nowhere against Luxembourg. Or just the whole draw being placed first, drawing the World Champion(France) and a quarter finalist of the WC(Sweden, capable of Beating Italy, Switzerland and Mexico in the meantime) The only game NL could blame themselves is away against Bulgaria, and that was 1,5 years ago which was another time already cause a lot has changed since. The only team who can really get away with underestimating us right now is exactly France. The Netherlands have the worst draws possible lately and still, we should have hope. I really believe 4 points is possible, which can lead to a 2nd place.

8. Ninja
    United States

Predictions for UEFA Nations League

League A Group 1:
    League A Group 2:
    League A Group 3:
    League A Group 4:

League B Group 1:
    League B Group 2:
    League B Group 3:
    League B Group 4:

League C Group 1:
    League C Group 2:
    League C Group 3:
    League C Group 4:

League D Group 1:
    League D Group 2:
    League D Group 3:
    League D Group 4: ::gibraltar

9. Veteran
    Germany

I just don't focussed on this competition, so I don't know how much effort the teams lay into it, even tho I think that the possible qualification for the Euro should be a motivator, especially for the teams in League C & D. Most of the teams in Group A & B should be confident enough to believe qualify directly or that all teams of League A will qualify anyway and their spots for the PlayOffs will be rewarded to teams of League B. So I can't think of a precise prediction.

I just think that Germany will not win against France. I still trust Joachim Lw to be a good coach, but France should be stronger, plus the german team's may try out a few tactical changes. It might become a great match, but France possibly wins 2:1 or something like this.
    And with all the rumours from Denmark I'd say they're lucky enough they only play one official match vs. Wales, otherwise with these third class players and Futsal loans they would've facen 0 points after half of their matches.
    And as I'm in love with Iceland, I fear that all your predictions will come true. Still the chances to see them playing a successful qualification for the 2020 Euro are quite big, like as I said most, if not all, other League A teams should qualify before the Playoffs

10. Ninja
    Netherlands

B4: Wales' Euro SF was probably a lucky shot. Denmark will take 9 points or more here.

A bit too early
    Likes  whiteshoes liked this post

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast