Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS - Pyeongchang/South Korea

1. Legend
    Canada

Re: 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS - Pyeongchang/South Korea

Currently watching the pairs' short program in figure skating, the North Koreans were amazing!
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

Va Va Froome! #TDF2017 | #LV2017 | #Giro2018?

2. Legend
    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by esc87fan View Post
    Currently watching the pairs' short program in figure skating, the North Koreans were amazing!
    They actually did great. I thought they were underscored a bit.
    Congrats Jamala/Salvador/Netta, best consecutive winners ever

3. Legend
    Japan

Looking forward to Della Monica and Guarise! I love their music...hint hint...http://escunited.com/forum/threads/9...93#post1776493
    Likes  JChan liked this post

Congrats Jamala/Salvador/Netta, best consecutive winners ever

4. Veteran
    Germany

Just like in Sotchi, our flag-bearer Eric Frenzel won gold today!

Actually this season didnt go well for him so far but when it matters you can count on him. Just like our other combiners Frenzel had problems in ski jumping in beforehand but he made some extra training session on the hills a week before the Olympics... very professional attitude.. he laid the foundation on the hill today cause it was obvious he is a fast runner, better than Watabe and Klapfer. Congrats

Norway flopped again... is it just me or is the Norwegian team underachieving a little so far? Nevertheless they won already 11 medals... that says a lot. They are so mighty in wintersports and I still think they will somehow win the medal table even though we are in a great position by now.

5. Mentor
    Norway
    Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    Norway flopped again... is it just me or is the Norwegian team underachieving a little so far? Nevertheless they won already 11 medals... that says a lot. They are so mighty in wintersports and I still think they will somehow win the medal table even though we are in a great position by now.
    Well, we've had some bad luck. If I've counted correctly, we have 7 4th places now. Then there's the cutting of the alpine combined downhill part (which didn't help Jansrud or Svindal), the mistakes made in the speed skating yesterday, and our top guys in the nordic combined today (Graabak and Schmid) had very bad weather conditions in the ski jumping, and never stood a chance. So it could have been a lot better, but it's probably good that we don't win everything tbh.

6. Wizard
    Germany

So happy for Eric Frenzel

7. Veteran
    Germany

Another gold & bronze in luge double

our gold counter: 7

5 days are over and we almost reached the number of gold we won in Sotchi (8)

Shame the luge events are almost over but we have excellent chances also in Bob and Skeleton

The schedule tomorrow is pretty full and amazing... we could win like 5, 6 medals if things go perfect. Luge team event is another excellent chance for gold even though we have to take care about Austria...

Dahlmeier is impressive right now and hopefully wins another medal.

Rebensburg is our biggest hope in Alpine Skiing and I expect her to win a medal if she doesnt tumble.

I've got no idea about figure skating but Savchenko and Massot might win a medal here.

Moreover I hope Dreesen can pull off another amazing downhill performance as he did in the super combination event. I am very hopeful he can win a medal even though the competition is strong.

...And then there is still another biathlon Men event... Not sure if we can repeat the successes of first two events but we have four medal contenders, I hope one of them gets through again. If Johannes Thingnes Bø finally gets his shit together, the first two places are probably given away already.

8. Legend
    Slovenia

okay, finally something to brag about from me

tiny smashed in ICE HOCKEY
    it was 3:2
    Likes  JamieBrown, whiteshoes, as78, Paddy, JChan liked this post

Enjoy the small things, with time they will get big

9. Veteran
    Germany

And Slovakia beat the one and only faves of OAR

About team relay in luge. Iirc the only times Germany lost a relay, was due to a penalty, so they should win. Austria and Canada did well in all 3 competitions so, it probably looks like this in the end.

Hope any biathlete can win us a medal as well and looking forward if Rebensburg can gain another gold (It'll be close, but she's the favourite).

10. Mentor
    Norway
    Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Day 5:
    This turned out to be a rather boring day for me, as most of the stuff I was looking forward to got cancelled today. I think I've managed to adjust to Korean time tho, I got up for the alpine skiing, and today I didn't go back to sleep when it was cancelled, despite falling asleep very late last night, so it hasn't been a completely pointless day.

Curling (men's): I try to only do medal events on these daily updates, but I need to mention the curling match between Norway and Japan, because it's on the quiz at work (the guy running the quiz plays curling himself, together with some others of my coworkers). So, would Norway beat Japan? My guess was yes, Norway is higher ranked, and tend to do well in these big competitions, but no. Japan played surprisingly well, and no point for me.

Luge (doubles): Seemed given to me that Germany would win this, but it was closer than I expected.
    This was also on the quiz, would Germany win? I obviously guessed yes, because Germany and luge, and scored a point here.

Nordic combined (normal hill/10 km): I normally don't watch this event, but it's the Olympics, and nothing else of interest was happening, so today I watched it. But it didn't go too well. The wind unsurprisingly caused some issues, and Graabak and Schmid (our best guys) suffered (and so did Riessle and Rydzek too). Very bad luck, as the weather got better again for Watabe. So at this point, I thought it was over. But Riiber skied better than I thought, so we had a chance after all, but he just missed out on a medal.
    This was also on the quiz, would Norway get the silver? I thought Schmid would, and guessed yes, but was obviously wrong.

Snowboard (men's halfpipe): No Norwegians doing halfpipe for the guys either, but it was still a good final. First of all, I hope Totsuka is ok, that crash didn't look good. Some great runs, but I'd say Shaun White definitely deserved the win. Great stuff!

Speed skating (women's 1000 m): 2 Norwegians here, and Njåtun did ok, but not good enough for a medal unfortunately. Bøkko was very disappointed. Another Dutch gold, which is hardly surprising.

Day 5: No medals.

Much more interesting day for me tomorrow (if the weather cooperates). Snowboardcross, 2 events in alpine skiing, 2 events in biathlon, and also the team relay in luge. I better get some sleep first.