Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best/Worst Jury-Decisions 2009-2017

1. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Re: Best/Worst Jury-Decisions 2009-2017

Okay as someone who has relatives and friends who work in the music industry from various genres (ethnic, rock and pop) I will give my examples based on conversions I had with them about Eurovision since the jury result should in practice reflect their opinion:

Worst Decisions:
    2013: Killing this one came as a surprise to me since pretty much all of them dislike rap music (they don't hate it) but for my surprise they actually liked igranka.
    2014: Allowing to win and not placing first I know this a controversial opinion but pretty much every musician I know saw "Rise like a Phoenix " as a stereotypical Eurovision ballad while "Calm After Storm" broke expectations on what a Eurovision song is.
    2015: Putting outside the top 10 out of the class of 2015 was among the most liked songs among the musicians that I spoke to so it comes as a surprise to me that the juries would rank them so low.
    2016: Not ranking first, for many of them especially the ones that are involved in ethnic music "1944" is their favourite Eurovsion song.
    2017: Putting outside the top 5 I know she didn't give the best performance, but none of the musicians that I spoke to noticed that and still had "City Lights" among their favourites of 2017.
    2018: I don't know what to make of this, some of them really hated while others found it fun and innovative.
    2019: Not ranking first.

Best Decisions:
    2014: Ranking among the top 10 I don't want to repeat myself.
    2015: Making win I know a controversial opinion again but "Heroes" was actually among the most successful Eurovision songs here.
    2016: Making not win controversial opinion again, but they all saw "You're the only One" as an irremediable Eurovision song that has no qualities outside the bubble.
    2017:They all liked so it was nice to see it score so many 12 points.
    2018: Putting among the top 10 while some of them did have "Nobody but You" as their number all of them agreed that it deserved to be among the top 10.
    2019: Placing among the top 10 I don't know if its patriotism but all of them liked "Proud" even before the live performance.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

2. Wizard
    Brazil

best: trying to save whey they finally sent an iconic vampire staging and the televote (???) killed it (you guys are not supposed to be the vampirephobic ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

worst: not putting in the top 3 THE TIME YOU HAVE TO OVERHYPE THEM
    Likes  Citelis, midnightsun liked this post

ESC19 || 12 - Australia 10 - Iceland 8 - Norway 7 - Serbia 6 - Spain 5 - Italy 4 - San Marino 3 - Georgia 2 - Switzerland 1 - Romania

3. Expert
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    2019:

Good Decisions:

Eliminating
    Saving
    Trying to save
    Helping to win
    I forgot the bad Decisions:

Overrating