Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Eurovision Asia Song Contest 2018 - General Discussion

1. Addict
    UK

Re: Eurovision Asia Song Contest 2018 - General Discussion

I think, at this stage, the project has died.

I definitely don't think it will be happening this year.

I'm extremely sad about how nothing has been said about this for so long. It's something I've been hoping will happen for years.

Maybe they've just been silent since November because that's when the ESC season started? And perhaps they'll continue the pre-production now?

Wishful thinking..

3. Addict
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Maybe they've just been silent since November because that's when the ESC season started? And perhaps they'll continue the pre-production now?

Wishful thinking..
    I'm really hoping so, but they're also leaving themselves little time left to promote for the back-end of this year.

4. Guru
    Greece

Looks like it's not going to happen!

5. Veteran
    France

I have the feeling they teased the Eurovision media with this event to speed things up but it didn't have the desired effect.

From the beginning, I think it was premature to open a set of threads about it without any tangible information.
    Likes  Stiven, randajad liked this post

6. Legend
    Croatia

Is project delayed or they gave up from it? It would be really shame if they give up from it. After all, if they use all standards from Eurovision (which I assume they do as even name is Eurovision Asia instead of Asiavision for example), basically, they just need to "organize" it somewhere finally like Europeans are doing it every year

7. Veteran
    Greece

I don't think they gave up, but I have a feeling that EBU is preparing something that will satisfy everyone.

8. Expert
    France

Well, it seems that the EBU didn't even want to make some efforts in order to create an Asian spin-off of the ESC after all. This is such a shame, I was looking forward to hearing the entries from India or Singapore. This is well-known that the music culture of Asian countries is mostly awesome and often a huge pleasure to get to know each one of them.

This makes me wonder about the will of the EBU to take a brand new path towards the improvement of the whole "Eurovision concept"... Truly upset with this lack of information so far.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

9. Wizard
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    Well, it seems that the EBU didn't even want to make some efforts in order to create an Asian spin-off of the ESC after all. This is such a shame, I was looking forward to hearing the entries from India or Singapore. This is well-known that the music culture of Asian countries is mostly awesome and often a huge pleasure to get to know each one of them.

This makes me wonder about the will of the EBU to take a brand new path towards the improvement of the whole "Eurovision concept"... Truly upset with this lack of information so far.
    I think what EBU should do is to start promoting ESC to Asian large audience, starting from the next ESC 2019.
    Widen the broadcast to Asian channels, let Asians familiarise themselves with the concept, and then propose the ESC Asia idea to major Asian broadcasting channels.

I strongly believe this concept will be accepted.
    "Music is the wind that blows when the air feels dry, it is the wings if humans can fly."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456