Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Final Song Contest

1. Wizard
    Philippines

Re: National Final Song Contest

I'm supportive of this idea! That would get us beyond the seasonal Festival de National.

About the sending of entries, videos of live performances are optional but encouraged (as there are NF songs which performances aren't available on Youtube for some reason, only in audio format and in music-videos).
    About the eligibility of entries, rejected NF (and ESC) entries and those involved in internal selection are acceptable.
    Perhaps we could allow Sanremo entries in this contest?
    Likes  LastDreamer liked this post

♦ "Liebe ist für alle da" - Leonora, DK 2019 ♦

2. Mentor
    Lithuania

Sometimes the quality of live versions is very bad, so I don't have anything against a participantion with studio versions / videoclips.

Other music forums use the rule "San Remo entries are allowed, but only for years when Italy was a participant in ESC".
    Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen your YVA strawberries.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA)

3. Veteran
    UK

So the rules to add on from before:

Select a country
    Send NF songs from that country
    Vote ESC style (1-8, 10, 12)
    Winner hosts

1. When live performances are available they should be used (so songs that were entered to ASFE on Radio 2 there were 8 songs but only 4 made the televised shows etc.)
    2. Contests like FiK and San Remo are allowed but only when the countries were participating in Eurovision

Possible things to think about:

1. What should we do about songs that were disqualified (example. Born in Bielorussia), should we allow that because technically it was a NF song...???
    2. JESC NF songs allowed?
    3. What do we do if a country fails to vote?

I think if any new scenarios come about we can make a group decision as to what we do about it
    Likes  LastDreamer liked this post

Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Onġi Onġella Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Oh Kavallier

4. FSC Mod
    Canada

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, I guess now is a better time than ever to contribute my opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Select a country
    Send NF songs from that country
    The issue with this is that if someone picks Andorra for example they literally have about 10 songs, so they could only participate 10 times and if all countries were taken then they cannot play anymore.
    I think this is a really important issue, some countries (like Sweden) will have a much better pool of songs to choose from. To alleviate this issue I think we should have a mandatory draw ever few editions OR allow multiple jurors for a country. Anyone else have any other suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    2. JESC NF songs allowed?
    I personally think so. The more songs the merrier

5. Mentor
    Lithuania

Possible options :
    1. We can have 2 or even 3 Sweden in each edition.
    2. We can use the regions too, not only countries (watch Worldvision).
    3. We can add special rule "change the mentor every 3 editions" for Sweden
    4. We can have a special lottery for all persons, who wants to take Sweden in each edition of NFSC.
    Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen your YVA strawberries.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA)

6. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

I haven't been around much (summer break) but I'm back. Feel free to chat amongst each other. Once you have come up with a contest, feel free to contact Jukica and myself. We obviously can't host another contest, Forum Leadership that is, but active Forum members are always welcome.

7. Veteran
    UK

I'm moving more toward the idea of having the person as the Head of Delegation - I say this because I think it would lower the confusion and would allow anyone to send any NF song because people who want to send songs just from 1 country can for those who want songs from different countries have the option to.

Example:
    I am Malta and I can select any NF song from any country to use as the Maltese song, so I could pick Chris D. Morton "Every Dead Soldier" (a Belgian NF song) but it would become a Maltese entry in our contest.

I just think having a rule saying "If you are Sweden you can only send 3 songs as Sweden" they may just give up because they don't want to change

When you say regions, do you mean only singers from that region can be sent or they can send any song from Melodifestivalen?
    Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Onġi Onġella Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Oh Kavallier

8. Administrator
    Croatia

Hey, a quick bump/follow-up

Me and Romeo are planning to continue with discussions about this, so feel free to post any ideas

Let's hope that we can get this ready until the beginning of ESC 2018 season, so that we can maybe add it to ESC 2018 section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12