Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 European Men's Handball Championship in Croatia

1. Veteran
    Canada

Re: 2018 European Men's Handball Championship in Croatia

- 28:29

We can breathe now! Another win, even without much playing and no motivated goalkeepers. That's at least 2 points in the next phase and I would like us to make a 3/3 next match. I know our audience will have fun chanting "Auf wiedersehen" at least as we regularly do when we face German teams in handball (like Rhein Neckar or Flensburg).

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    He is still amazing and a really good coach! And of-course you were robbed against Germany, but Germany often has the referees, new rules and who knows what else on their side. My wish is to beat them on Wednesday and that would be big and I think we can do it!
    Likes  EscGeek liked this post

Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

2. Legend
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by aletem View Post
    - 28:29

We can breathe now! Another win, even without much playing and no motivated goalkeepers. That's at least 2 points in the next phase and I would like us to make a 3/3 next match. I know our audience will have fun chanting "Auf wiedersehen" at least as we regularly do when we face German teams in handball (like Rhein Neckar or Flensburg).

He is still amazing and a really good coach! And of-course you were robbed against Germany, but Germany often has the referees, new rules and who knows what else on their side. My wish is to beat them on Wednesday and that would be big and I think we can do it!
    best of luck against the all powerful referees..beware of the fine print

i know i'm bitter...
    Likes  aletem liked this post

Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

3. Veteran
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    best of luck against the all powerful referees..beware of the fine print

i know i'm bitter...
    Well that rule is questionable and I really didn't see anything wrong, since Slovenia scored a goal in the last 1 or 2 seconds..

Of-course we'll need luck, since Germany in handball is just like Australia in Eurovision... but we have the fans, so lets hope for the best. Vujovic's reactions were funny, tho I get him. He has so much passion and was right this time. Tho, unfair to blame the refs in the first game. I mean Slovene players were very rough in that first match.

4. Legend
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by aletem View Post
    Well that rule is questionable and I really didn't see anything wrong, since Slovenia scored a goal in the last 1 or 2 seconds..

Of-course we'll need luck, since Germany in handball is just like Australia in Eurovision... but we have the fans, so lets hope for the best. Vujovic's reactions were funny, tho I get him. He has so much passion and was right this time. Tho, unfair to blame the refs in the first game. I mean Slovene players were very rough in that first match.
    yeah, i wasn't that upset when we fairly lost against macedonia .. sure, the referees are never perfect, but they were acceptable.
    today, things went too far!

5. Veteran
    Germany

Gosh, its not even complicated, cry-babies.

Throw-Off: A throw-off is taken by the team that wins the coin toss and chooses to start the game with the ball. Each team must be in its own half of the court with the defense 3 meters away from the ball. Following a whistle, the ball is passed from center court to a teammate and play begins. Throw-off is repeated after every goal scored and after half-time.
    Dont blame the Germans, dont blame the refs, blame the Slovenian idiot who impeded our player instead of running back and focus on defending the goal. There were only 2 seconds left on the clock anyway.
    The excessive temper is the worst enemy of balkan nations... the behaviour of the coach before the penalty was also embarassing

And we never really benefitted from referee support apart of WC 2007 when we hosted. But tbh in handball hosts are mostly advantaged by the refs. For example we were robbed against Qatar in WC 2015

6. Veteran
    Canada

^
    Lol, you didn't deserve to be in Qatar in 2015, where they invented a rule just to kick out Australia and put... not anybody from the EURO 2014, but Germany as someone who was best ranked team at the previous World Championship. They did that because they couldn't allow Germany to miss two big events in a row and I guess to have lot of TV share too. And Qatar robbed everyone, from Austria to Poland (cashing lot of money for that final).

You've benefited quite a lot from the referees in handball (both men's and women's). I've been fan of this sport for now over 20 years and I have been cheering for Germany too, when they had Brand as their coach and players like Fritz, Hens, Kehrman or Zeitz.
    Vujovic always reacts like that and so does Cervar. They are both incredibly passionate and Vujovic is always ready to beat somebody up haha.

7. Legend
    Slovenia

8. Veteran
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Magizian View Post
    HA. HA. HA. I spoke too soon about me being optimistic
    Don't worry too much. I still think Czech Republic is gonna lose to Hungary and gets eliminated so that your loss wont be counted in the second group stage but the win over Czech will
    But with a performance like this you will have a hard time against Spain

9. Veteran
    Canada

- 25:25

Great!! First time undefeated against the Germans and we won the group... voila!

10. Mentor
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    But with a performance like this you will have a hard time against Spain
    We just beat Spain quite comfortably, so I'm happy! The pain from losing against the Czechs is almost gone

Apparently we're to face off against Germany, Macedonia and Slovenia in the next round, a.k.a. the escunited battle royale. Oh happy times

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast