Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-Pop

1. Addict
    UK

Re: K-Pop

I like certain K-pop songs but it tends to be just certain groups or the odd song rather than being one of my major interests.

One I really like from the 90s is S.E.S's cover of ''Rakastuin ma looseriin'' from 1998:

I was really big on KARA and SNSD but they seem to be mostly irrelevant now.

2. Wizard
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post

masterpiece
    I was here to promote that!!!!! kpop is saved

Quote Originally Posted by tomos2019 View Post
    I like certain K-pop songs but it tends to be just certain groups or the odd song rather than being one of my major interests.

One I really like from the 90s is S.E.S's cover of ''Rakastuin ma looseriin'' from 1998:

kara disbanded
    Likes  tomos2019, popavapeur liked this post

Founding member of Kate Miller-Heidke Brazil and Florin Cezar Ouatu Brazil.
    Titles given to me by me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomos2019 View Post

I didn't even know that was a cover, which is strange as I have heard older Finnish music, but it looks like that song by Nylon Beat was never among songs I heard (maybe not so famous in Finland or 90s music wasn't as classic to people).

Anyway if I was to pick a best period for Korean music it would probably be the 80s. I just think Thai music has been much better this century, better than Japanese pop too. Best Kpop song I heard from last year so far was Love Bomb from fromis_9.

4. Addict
    UK

I don't know much 80s Korean music and only find the odd Thai song every now and again I'm afraid!

My favourite current Korean song at the moment is DK-Lie, I also don't mind Itzy-Dalla dalla.

5. Enthusiast
    Portugal

J-Pop >>> K-pop.

Bye.

Jpop was very influential in the far east in the 70s/80s.

The DK song has a nice vocal but I don't feel much individual character in the melody, the chorus hook for instance doesn't grab me.

7. Ninja
    France

sometimes when I listen to kpop and see that it's around 3min I'm always wondering "could it be a winning song ?" and there's sooooo muuuuch songs that fits really well the ESC fantasy with a fun choreo, hooks and a bridge at the right moment that could easily sneak into a top 5.
    Likes  tomos2019, anaraqueen liked this post

Stan LOONA.

8. Mentor
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    J-Pop >>> K-pop.

Bye.
    i refuse to enter this debate without knowing what you mean by j-pop when that term is so much broader than k-pop lol i need examples

Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    sometimes when I listen to kpop and see that it's around 3min I'm always wondering "could it be a winning song ?" and there's sooooo muuuuch songs that fits really well the ESC fantasy with a fun choreo, hooks and a bridge at the right moment that could easily sneak into a top 5.
    considering luca hanni just got a 4th place with a super junior feature track, you are probably entirely correct!! t-ara's roly poly is the eurovision top 3 disco revival that never was.

anyway let us all stan talent and empowerment

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12