Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The predecessors

1. Ninja
    Brazil

Re: The predecessors

i mean, i think it's a damp squib of a song too, but the year only had 12 songs and pretty much all of them were weak, so i'm not surprised this won by default

2. Active Member
    Portugal

as a side note: this was supposed to be the Portuguese entry in 1970. We withdraw because we were against the voting system at the time :P

3. Wizard
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    The performance could have handled Malcolm alone at the stage. They didn't needed to add the rest. And the backing singer did this weird moves. Anyway... the song was good and that is what's important.
    Who is Malcolm?

4. Ninja
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    i actually would like to expand on this and posit that the next contest is never really shaped by the previous winner, and after sergey's epilepsy-trigger-warning extravaganza was hurled off a cliff by the juries, i think it will happen even less than before. it's just too transparent to try to piggy-back off the previous winner, while being inspired by other entries who did well is a lot more lucrative - beautiful mess is basically sound of silence 2.0, and it got even more points, even if the placement ended up the same.

a very early guess of mine would be that sunstroke project will be the biggest influence on next year - the message sent by their success is that as long as your musical package is tight and competent, you are allowed to have fun with your concept and staging. countries like greece are completely able to follow this and actually leave the scrap heap for once.
    i would like to bring attention to the fact that i 100% predicted netta AND mikolas (and to a lesser extent saara)

i am so good at this sometimes i wish i could make it into a career
    ~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12