Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: That One Thread About Juries We Have Every Year

1. Senior Member
    Germany

Re: That One Thread About Juries We Have Every Year

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Maybe her ranking got reversed like that Danish woman in 2016 who ended up giving big points to the acts she disliked
    Im still so annoyed by her stupid mistake. The 2016 voting could have been much more exciting if Ukraine overtook Australia only by 9 instead of 23 Points. And in the End Russia would have needed "only" 380 Points to overtake Australia and 389 for Ukraine.

2. Junkie
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Maybe her ranking got reversed like that Danish woman in 2016 who ended up giving big points to the acts she disliked
    It's even more interesting then If her ranking was really upside down in the semi, Belgium won her semi voting, but later in the final she gave it 15th place; Moldova for example would be last in her semi ranking but she gave them 4th place in the Grand Final two days later lol
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by CC92 View Post
    11th Azerbaijan: 37 out of 41* televoting points (90.2%) come from friendly and diaspora-housing countries
    12th Poland: 41 out of 41 (100%))
    13th Belarus: 30 out of 33 (90.9%)
    14th Cyprus: 29 out of 32 (90.6%)
    15th Norway: 16 out of 29 (55.2%)
    16th Greece: 21 out of 29 (72.4%)
    17th Ukraine: 24 out of 24 (100%)
    18th Armenia: 21 out of 21 (100%)
    19th Holland: 11 out 15 (73.3%)
    20th United Kingdom: 11 out of 12 (91.7%)
    21st Denmark: 0 out of 8 (0%) (but 100% local fame)
    22nd Israel: 3 out of 5 points (60%)
    23rd Spain: 5 out of 5 points (100%)
    24th Germany: 3 out of 3 points (100%)
    25th Australia: 0 out of 2 points (0%)
    26th Austria: got no points
    Where do you know that Montenegro is a Diasporahousing-Country from Azerbaijan?
    And I also cant understand why every other Country than Armenia and Greece should be a friend of Cyprus considering that They got their only 8 Points in 2015 from Greece.

4. Active Member
    United States

All I know is, the new system is so much better than the old one. It's much more fair and even.

And, Norma John would've qualified with televote only..
    Now you remind me of something I'll never have, so, Blackbird, don't sing.

5. Legend
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    Where do you know that Montenegro is a Diasporahousing-Country from Azerbaijan?
    And I also cant understand why every other Country than Armenia and Greece should be a friend of Cyprus considering that They got their only 8 Points in 2015 from Greece.
    It is common knowledge that Azerbaijan hijacks the televotings of small countries/countries with poor viewing figures. E.g. in 2015 came last in the Serbian public vote as opposed to third (behind ) in Montenegro. Last year they placed 24th in the F.Y.R. Macedonia, 21st in Serbia and last in Slovenia versus third (behind ) in Bosnia and Herzegovina and fourth in Montenegro. Czechia and Malta are best known to have this problem as well. Though not every year the same countries are being affected.
    (South) Cypriots are seen as part of the Greek nation what gets them the same allies as Greece by default. The difference being that bigging up the main country is more attractive (and so used to be the entries until very recently) which is why the support generally turns out less powerful.

PS: When I wrote the post I did not have in mind that UK territory borders Spain to the south. The United Kingdom should be on 100% too then.

6. Senior Member
    Germany

It is common knowledge that Azerbaijan hijacks the televotings of small countries/countries with poor viewing figures. E.g. in 2015 came last in the Serbian public vote as opposed to third (behind ) in Montenegro. Last year they placed 24th in the F.Y.R. Macedonia, 21st in Serbia and last in Slovenia versus third (behind ) in Bosnia and Herzegovina and fourth in Montenegro. Czechia and Malta are best known to have this problem as well. Though not every year the same countries are being affected.
    (South) Cypriots are seen as part of the Greek nation what gets the same allies as Greece by default. The difference being that bigging up the main country is more attractive (and so used to be the entries until very recently) which is why the support generally turns out less powerful.

PS: When I wrote the post I did not have in mind that UK territory borders Spain to the south. The United Kingdom should be on 100% too then.
    Yes, that was my only Thought, that manipulates the Televotes in Montenegro because there is no other way they could beat Il Volo, Mans and Polina back then. And since manipulating is too risky, is a good alternative. But I think is really a diasporahousing country, since was Top2 back then in 08-09 when they (probably) didnt manipulate the Televoting.

Regarding Cyprus.. I know that Cyprus was f.e. 25th in , 22nd in , 22nd in etc.. in 2015 and also 2010 Cyprus only Televotes came from and (welch citizenship).
    I wouldnt call those countries allies. Its like Turkey-Azerbaijan. In the last 4 years Azerbaijan was 25th, 22nd, 23rd and 23rd (worst average any country got from us) in our Televoting despite many Turks living here.

7. Legend
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    Yes, that was my only Thought, that manipulates the Televotes in Montenegro because there is no other way they could beat Il Volo, Mans and Polina back then. And since manipulating is too risky, is a good alternative. But I think is really a diasporahousing country, since was Top2 back then in 08-09 when they (probably) didnt manipulate the Televoting.

Regarding Cyprus.. I know that Cyprus was f.e. 25th in , 22nd in , 22nd in etc.. in 2015 and also 2010 Cyprus only Televotes came from and (welch citizenship).
    I wouldnt call those countries allies. Its like Turkey-Azerbaijan. In the last 4 years Azerbaijan was 25th, 22nd, 23rd and 23rd (worst average any country got from us) in our Televoting despite many Turks living here.
    I could not find a source for any estimable Azerbaijani diaspora in the Czech Republic nor am I aware that these two nations were tied in some way. But I might be proven wrong in this.

Diaspora groups that live in distant places care first and foremost about supporting their country of origin. Whenever there is, however, a friendly relationship between two nations (peoples) that has evolved over centuries and is primilary based on cultural similiarities the specific political entity (country) plays a less important role in voting behaviour apparently. E.g. in those years for which we hold the data (2005-2008, 2016-2017) Bulgaria awarded Cyprus 6.2 televoting points on average more than five times as much as they received overall. And the fact that the latter had been a British colony for more than 80 years probably helps explain why it scores comparatively consistently in the United Kingdom but not in other Western European countries housing sizeable Greek diasporas. Albanian voting is very much a thing of its own, by the way.

8. Senior Member
    Germany

I could not find a source for any estimable Azerbaijani diaspora in the Czech Republic nor am I aware that these two nations were tied in some way. But I might be proven wrong in this.
    Actually, I also didnt find anything about this.
    So the fact that the czech Televoter gave 10, 12, 7, 6,10 Points in 2008,2009 and 2015-2017 without Diaspora or cultural similarities, means that they might have cheated there as well from the beginning, since hasnt been a Favourite except 2009.
    Likes  CC92 liked this post

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112