View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll

52 23.85%

29 13.30%

30 13.76%

17 7.80%

18 8.26%

11 5.05%

14 6.42%

10 4.59%

12 5.50%

6 2.75%

19 8.72%
Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMANY 2018 - Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone

GERMANY 2018 - Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone

LYRICS (Click Spoiler)

Videos:
    Reaction Video

Likes  Ringdalen liked this post

2. Active Member
    Germany

Re: GERMANY 2018

Yes, there were indeed some "creative" entries, almost every year.

But there were also those "safe calls", winning most of the time. Probably because the German's just feel it is "good to send an average radio-friendly" song. At least, most of the Germans don't seem to understand the reason we are failing at eurovision ("Everything is political!", "Blame it on Merkel!", "Everyone hates the Germans!", "We don't get any neighbour points!", "The contest is corrupt!", I could go on for ages...)

One moment that somehow described this feeling: There was an interview with the German jury, asking why they gave 12 points to Norway. And the answer was, they (I think Nicole answered) felt like this was the "most modern and best-produced song" in the contest. Well, you can't say that the German entires weren't modern nor badly produced. But those attributes are not enough for a successful song.. :-(
    Likes  Stiven, CPV4931 liked this post

2013 Denmark - 2014 The Netherlands- 2015 Norway/Estonia- 2016 Poland/Czech Republic - 2017 Belgium

3. Mentor
    Austria

Hopefully finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist...

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)
    Likes  GermanBango liked this post

CURRENT 2019 RANKING: 12 The Netherlands 10 Italy 8 Azerbaijan 7 Norway 6 Switzerland 5 Portugal 4 Cyprus 3 Iceland 2 Malta 1 Czech Republic

UK

Myself and the team have mused on Germany's problems in an editorial which you can read HERE.

Is it right? Or is it wrong?
    Likes  Stiven, lavieenrose liked this post

5. Banned
    Greece

Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:

6. Legend
    Slovenia

I want something daring.... like gothic metal with a guy in lederhosen dancing kolo + solo with a bizzare local instrument

my point is: stop trying to be radio friendly and please everyone
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

7. Ninja
    Indonesia

I'm so waiting for Unser Song 2018 to be like Supernova 2015 (Latvia's NF for 2015), an NF full of quirky cool songs

I think 2014 is a pretty good diverse edition tho. If only they chose Madeline or MarieMarie

Quote Originally Posted by aef View Post
    Hopefully finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist...

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)
    Is It Right is also pretty bland

8. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jimijoop View Post
    Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:
    You are jocking? This would ensure bottom 3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay25 View Post
    Just one thing: Please, just PLEASE don't send a "radio-friendly-song". All the songs Germany sent in the last years were "radio-friendly", and this has always been a problem.
    As I remember, Perfect life was mainly ignored by the radio stations.

I got no problem ending up on the last place with a daring so song that missed the pan european sense of music, but I defenitely don't want to end up us again on the last places with that kind of song we sent the past years.

9. Expert
    Germany

A "Radio-friendly" song that hadnt been played in the Radio for once The best would be an intern selection of an established Musician (Please Helene Fischer). The German Audience has no clue about the Eurovision since they claim every year to be the victim of politics and dont understand that they have to stand out in order to get some Top10-Rankings. 2014 Im Sure that we would have been Top10 with MarieMarie, but unfortunately our Audience picked the normal beat-hitter Elaiza which got most of their points thanks to their polish and ukrainian Origin and the corrupt armenian Jury.

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Germany is playing it so damn safe, how about a song in German for a change?

11. Ninja
    Germany

Helene Fischer? Please no. And she won't go to Eurovision to not ruin her career in the worst case anyway. (And I haven't heard a good song for Eurovision by briefly listening to her new album for example)