SF1 Reaction
    SF2 Reaction
    Final Reaction

Likes  FabiESC, 94ayd liked this post

2. Veteran
    France

Re: FRANCE 2018

https://eurovoix.com/2017/06/21/fran...search-begins/

Some of you will be reassured and delighted: The next French entrant will be chosen through a national final.
    Likes  SaladBreak, pyryniemi liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

3. Hero
    Portugal

France 2 acting like Lisa Angell never existed

4. Expert
    United States

I just hope they have songs that can match "J'ai cherché" and "Requiem" and the quality doesn't dip because no artist wants to risk going on a national final

Having your name/song quietly leaked as a "potential entry" is a completely different game then actually participating in a national final for everybody to see
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

5. Legend
    Slovenia

yaaay for national final!
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

6. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by GWTW1939 View Post
    I just hope they have songs that can match "J'ai cherché" and "Requiem" and the quality doesn't dip because no artist wants to risk going on a national final

Having your name/song quietly leaked as a "potential entry" is a completely different game then actually participating in a national final for everybody to see
    Exactly my thoughts and worries. Honestly, I would have liked them to wait for a few more years before organizing something like that; it's only been two years since we started getting good results and I doubt the hype is strong enough for good artists to enter a national competition at the moment. Besides, all our past attempts at making a selection show have sucked monkey balls because it was cheap and there wasn't any worthy song to vote for. We'll probably have 90% of talent show rejects with pretty disposable songs, I wish we could send an actual artist one day.

Let's wait and see, but I'm not thrilled at the moment. A show means live vocals and presentation might be taken into account right from the start, to the detriment of musical merit (given our current music scene, I wouldn't trust French televoters either ).

Na površju vse je mirno, a v meni je KAOS

7. Mentor
    Poland

I have high hopes, I believe first NF after a long break may be very good because there are acts that always wanted to go to ESC but never were asked by broadcaster to go and they will all submit songs in one year

8. Legend
    Portugal

I didn't follow French NF's in the past as I wasn't a close Eurovision fan back in those times, but what people usually say is that French televoters can't be trusted We'll see how it goes, I hope the best for the French NF!

9. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Okay for me the problem isn't the French televoters becuase the last time had a NF(2014) they made the right decision (also for now no one said that it's going to be 100% televoting), what worries me more is, if France Télévisions can find good wiling candidates with good songs for a NF. Because last time they had a NF the songs were the main problem.

10. Junkie
    Italy

I hope Joanna Lagrave tries to take part again, she should've won the French NF in 2014!

11. Legend
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Okay for me the problem isn't the French televoters becuase the last time had a NF(2014) they made the right decision (also for now no one said that it's going to be 100% televoting), what worries me more is, if France Télévisions can find good wiling candidates with good songs for a NF. Because last time they had a NF the songs were the main problem.
    2014 can't really serve as a basis for anything though, given how there were only 3 choices anyway (and in a much less advertised show than the new NF will be, I guess). Still, I hope everything will be fine! France 2 is doing a great job with internal selections so I'm hopeful they'll find good entries for the NF, even if the singers are newcomers. I mean, if they don't allow any joke entry in the NF they won't give the option of troll voting to the French public!
    Likes  Stiven liked this post