View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll

15 11.36%

8 6.06%

12 9.09%

12 9.09%

10 7.58%

6 4.55%

18 13.64%

15 11.36%

12 9.09%

9 6.82%

15 11.36%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IRELAND 2018 - Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Together

IRELAND 2018 - Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Together

2. Mentor
    Ireland

Re: IRELAND 2018

I bet we're going to send someone innovative and exciting on the Irish music scene that is really going to grab the audience by the balls and won't let go until the time comes to hold the trophy in Rome.

Oh no, wait, we'll probably just send whoever sings loudest at the RTÉ Christmas party.
    Likes  ScarlettGirl liked this post

3. Hero
    Ireland

Obligatory "I hope RTE changes their tactics for next year"

I used to get really excited for Eurovision, but it sucks the life out of the whole thing when it feels like your own country can't be bothered anymore.
    Likes  DanielLuis, Stiven liked this post

4. NSC Mod
    Ireland

Anyone even remotely associated with Louis Walsh should be banned from submitting a song
    Likes  anto475, revallsay, NNR liked this post

White text makes anything shady

5. Hero
    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by doctormalisimo View Post
    Anyone even remotely associated with Louis Walsh should be banned from submitting a song
    Please. If they do absolutely nothing else, just don't take anymore advice from Louis Walsh.

6. Mentor
    Ireland

Some blogger asked Samantha Mumba if she'd like to represent us next year and she said yes! Whether or not RTÉ will take that offer is a different matter.
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

7. Ninja
    Sweden

I bet everyone associated with it in Ireland is in a really shitty mood right now....
    You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs

8. Hero
    Ireland

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/201...-dying-to-try/

I'm not sure people appreciate how hard it is to qualify these days - it's a completely different competition to how it was when we used to win back in the Nineties. It's the most professional song contest in the world and everybody throughout Europe throws their best songwriters, their best singers and their best staging and designers and everybody at it.
    Clearly not everybody throughout Europe.

I think it's an insult to Ireland's music scene to imply Brendan Murray and the people who wrote "Dying to Try" are the best we have to offer. We're in big trouble if that's really true.

------

On another note, I feel like our most recent two entries have been really cynical. Like they were created solely to try to get a strangle hold on peoples votes because it sounds like something "contemporary" or "radio friendly". Which clearly isn't the case, they're both like watered down caricatures of what a radio hit would be.

They feel like they're missing passion and creativity. It's important to have a song that people can relate to and find catchy....but some risk taking isn't a bad thing either. Better to be bold and flop than to be boring and flop.

I mean can you imagine Ireland ever sending something like Romania? I certainly can't. (well I suppose to be fair we're not a yodeling country but you get my point. )

9. Mentor
    Ireland

The problem with Ireland and RTÉ is that RTÉ play it so so so safe that we genuinely could send something edgy and different that stands out but if it places on the right hand side of the scoreboard or fails to qualify for whatever arbitrary reason (a difficult semi final, a strong year, a poor place in the running order, etc.) then RTÉ will turn around and say "better stick to the safe stuff" and continue sending shit for the next decade and point to the failure of the "different" song as a reason why we shouldn't send anything different, rather than trying again. They won't admit their own mistakes when they send rubbish like Nicky Byrne and Brendan Murray but they'll be very quick to point out the mistakes of others if the efforts of others fail. You can see this in their programming. They never put out anything new or any interesting shows unless they've been tried and tested in the UK/US first. Even look at Fair City where they couldn't come up with a decent storyline if it danced naked in front of them twirling its ponytail, because that would require innovation which is something they just don't have in RTÉ.

10. Junior Member
    Portugal

I would like to see Markus Feehily representing Ireland with something like that.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast