View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll

121 39.80%

25 8.22%

20 6.58%

24 7.89%

15 4.93%

10 3.29%

9 2.96%

9 2.96%

5 1.64%

10 3.29%

56 18.42%
Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1419

Thread: ISRAEL 2018 - Netta Barzilai - Toy

ISRAEL 2018 - Netta Barzilai - Toy

Re: ISRAEL 2018 - Netta Barzilai - Toy

I don't really like politicians piggybacking on someone's success. There's enough politics in Eurovision as it is anyway.
    Likes  mauve liked this post

3. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Israeliboy View Post
    It's totally absurd. Some of us like our PM, Don't put politics here, it's a shame and guilty. Not every likes Merkel so? If Lena would take a pic with her would I hate Lena? be mature!
    I neither like Merkel nor Lena. So that question is settled. But okay. Let's forget about politics. We wouldn't agree anyway.

4. Junkie
    Belgium

7.5 million views to go & she's the most watched video on the Eurovision official channel
    Likes  Israeliboy, 94ayd liked this post

5. Hero
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by lowyby View Post
    7.5 million views to go & she's the most watched video on the Eurovision official channel
    HOW UNPOPULAR THE IMAGE OF THE CONTEST IS IN SHAMBLES.

netta will be remembered and beloved for decades by eurovision fans.
    Likes  lavieenrose, 94ayd, anaraqueen, Israeliboy liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

6. Veteran
    Italy

A thing I love about Israel's entry is that Netta really lifts it up when it's live. The studio version is great and all but she really brings some extra fire and passion into the final live performance.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

Maruv and Mahmood

7. Hero
    Austria

Great, that Netanyahu is a fan of the song. Because I would have guessed that he actually is a women-groping, power for sexual benefits abusing pig. But apparently I would have guessed wrong.
    Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

8. Hero
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Apart from Russia, Israel might be the most problematic host country for political reasons. I fear we will get lots of political drama and propaganda again next year, like a discussion about the status of Jerusalem. There might even be war and the risk of terrorist attacks is certainly much higher in Jerusalem than in Lisbon.
    There is nothing problematic about Israel. It is an amazing country that I wished I could afford to visit, because trips are fricking expensive. Please someone invite me!

The risk of terrorist attacks is higher all over Western Europe than anywhere in Israel, except for Gaza or Jordan Bank, where I assume, Eurovision would not be held.

In Vienna, every day someone gets stabbed in the streets, violence in school rose by 1,200%. And we are talking about Israel being "problematic".

Israel is the safest country in the world. (After Iceland, but only if Iceland does not run out on Vitamine D).
    Likes  94ayd, randajad liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

9. Legend
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    There is nothing problematic about Israel. It is an amazing country that I wished I could afford to visit, because trips are fricking expensive. Please someone invite me!

The risk of terrorist attacks is higher all over Western Europe than anywhere in Israel, except for Gaza or Jordan Bank, where I assume, Eurovision would not be held.

In Vienna, every day someone gets stabbed in the streets, violence in school rose by 1,200%. And we are talking about Israel being "problematic".

Israel is the safest country in the world. (After Iceland, but only if Iceland does not run out on Vitamine D).
    I would add to what you said, great eurovision entries in the past. israel is one of my favourite eurovision countries ever. Unfortunately, I don't like the song at all, and I consider it to be worst eurovision winner ever. I'm just expressing an opinion. However, I'm not a hater, it's played every night in my favourite club, and I can't avoid laughing when I see locals' and foreigners' expressions as soon as it starts. But yes, there are also people who dance it frantically, they must be part of the ones who allowed it to receive 1 point from the Portuguese televoters.

In the end, congratulations and may the next edition be a great one rather than a political one.

Edit: I've just read some comments on youtube, and people are real bullies and terribly rude. They mix not liking the song with attacking the singer in the most rude and obnoxious ways. Very uncool!
    Likes  lolita liked this post

«Breathe into me and make me real»

10. Wizard
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post

Western Europe is quite dangerous these days and we all know why. The same threat exists in Israel too and Eurovision is the perfect target for these people. Calling Israel the safest country in the world is just absurd.
    Likes  mauve liked this post

2019: ranking in progress
    2018: AT | 2017: BE | 2016: UA | 2015: AU | 2014: AT | 2013: NO | 2012: SE | 2011: SE

The music and politics should be two separate things, you can like some Israeli music but hate the politics for instance. One thing that does annoy me is how some try and push it as being a modern and democratic state when it was founded on and is maintained by armed force. The song this year like the previous winner Diva is more a novelty song than anything, and may become a camp classic to some but no more than that I expect. The whole 'me too' thing seemed to be added on later as well, so I find that none too convincing. It was never meant to be a serious song.

I hate it when people try and push race issues in response to political criticism as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8365416.html
    Likes  Fluke, Chorizo liked this post