Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL 2018 - Netta Barzilai

ISRAEL 2018 - Netta Barzilai

2. Expert
    Morocco

Re: ISRAEL 2018

by Gil Laufer May 10, 2017 12:59 am

A critical announcement came in during the broadcast of today’s evening news report of IBA: the broadcaster will end its broadcast within an hour. After 49 years, Israel’s Broadcasting Authority (IBA) is officially shut down.

Starting today (Wednesday), a slide will be presented on IBA’s two channels (1 and 33) and the radio broadcasts of IBA will include music only.

A total of 20 workers will remain on set in order to provide a smooth broadcast of the Eurovision Song Contest feed from Kyiv. As Israel has no commentator, the broadcast is accompanied by subtitles added on in Jerusalem. IBA’s radio station 88FM will broadcast the contest as well with live commentary by Kobi Menora, Dori Ben Ze’ev and Alon Amir.

Two of IBA’s broadcasting breakthroughs belong to the Eurovision Song Contest, with the first colour broadcast being Eurovision 1979 and the first HD broadcast being Semifinal 1 of Eurovision 2010 (in preparations for the FIFA World Cup that was held later that year).

The new broadcaster, IPBC (Israel Public Broadcasting Corporation), or Kan (Here) as it is called in Hebrew, is set to begin broadcasting on 15 May, after producing online content for a while, mainly on Facebook. Having no active news department, which is a requirement for an EBU membership, they would not be able to join the union immediately. However, as soon as joining the EBU, they will get all the rights to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest. They are already supporting and promoting IMRI for this year’s contest in their online channels.

Despite starting to run auditions for Rising Star for Eurovision 2018, produced by Keshet and Teddy Productions on Channel 2, it will be up to IPBC to decide whether they would like to use this mechanism for choosing the Israeli representative or to have a different system for 2018.
    Likes  JChan, ZoboCamel liked this post

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*

3. Banned
    Denmark

No Israel for 2018?

4. Legend
    Ukraine

I hope IPBC will start broadcasting the news & join the EBU or the EBU will make a compromise.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3543...017-last-year/

According to The Jerusalem Post, the EBU is keen to strike a deal which allows Israel, a long-standing Eurovision competitor, to continue to participate.
    A spokesman told the paper: “Once IBA, the existing member of the EBU, has been dissolved and IPBC becomes operational, an application for membership of the EBU will be fully considered.

“Therefore, at the moment, the EBU has no formal position on this.”
    Likes  ZoboCamel, randajad, DanielLuis, Stiven liked this post

5. Newbie
    United States

I will truly miss that Israeli spokesman.. His speaking every year a few phrases of host's language was special. Many thanks to all IBA personnel for 49 years of faithful work. May you futures be filled with blessings. [I know they wont see that, but consider it a prayer out to the ether/God.
    Likes  ScarlettGirl, JonnyWest, Gera11, Eulaliya liked this post

6. Senior Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by utahrangerone View Post
    I will truly miss that Israeli spokesman.. His speaking every year a few phrases of host's language was special. Many thanks to all IBA personnel for 49 years of faithful work. May you futures be filled with blessings. [I know they wont see that, but consider it a prayer out to the ether/God.
    I will miss him as well
    Amar Pelos Dois <3 Running On Air <3 Blackbird <3 Adio <3 Fairytale <3 Rise Like A Phoenix <3 AMLM <3 And the list goes on....just ask

7. Veteran
    Sweden

I hope both Israel and the spokesperson will come back next year, Israel has been one of the strongest ESC countries ever with a long history in the contest, it wouldn't be the same without them. Maybe a stronger entry with someone who can sing next year though? The most interesting part of the entry this year was the small ethno part, but it was way too limited. Also I miss Hebrew!
    Likes  alca liked this post

8. Junkie
    Bosnia Herzegovina

I hope to see them back, and I think we will see them. I mean EBU will do something , right? I hate that spokesperson tho.

9. Legend
    Poland

I hope they will be in, Israel is one of my favourite ESC countries.
    WV 90 SŁAWOMIR IS COMING!
    #TeamGromee #TeamLukas #Krakow2019 #LightMeUp

10. Veteran
    Germany

Israel has been in my top 10 in 3 of the last 4 years (out of them my #1 in 2015 and my #2 in 2014), so I really hope they keep participating :-)
    Donít stop rock, rock this place - Donít stop tryiní, try your best - Donít stop, donít stop movinī (Switzerland 2012 - Sinplus - Unbreakable)

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast