View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12

    82 34.60%
  • 10

    31 13.08%
  • 8

    26 10.97%
  • 7

    17 7.17%
  • 6

    31 13.08%
  • 5

    18 7.59%
  • 4

    1 0.42%
  • 3

    5 2.11%
  • 2

    9 3.80%
  • 1

    5 2.11%
  • 0

    12 5.06%
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 440

Thread: BELGIUM 2018 - Sennek - A Matter of Time

  1. Administrator escYOUnited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,185
    #1

    BELGIUM 2018 - Sennek - A Matter of Time



    Laura Groeseneken (born 30 April 1990 in Leuven, Belgium) has been chosen to represent the country at this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon by the Flemish broadcaster VRT. The 27 year old performer and songwriter has previously performed under the moniker SENNEK, derived from the middle part of her surname. Groeseneken, unlike her recent predecessors under the Belgian flag, has a wealth of experience in the music industry in Belgium, having performed as the keyboardist for Belgian artist Ozark Henry, as well as working as a vocal coach in her home town and actively writing music, previously writing for famed trip-hop band Hooverphonic. Outside of music, she works as a visual merchandiser for Swedish furniture company Ikea.

    Groeseneken is the third entrant out of the previous four chosen by the Flemish broadcaster to be named Laura, after Laura Tesoro and Iris, real name Laura van der Bruel.

    Belgium 2018 news:

    Belgium: Internal selection for 2018

  2. Mentor
    Austria
    aef's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,463
    #11

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    I don't have any good ideas for 2018 so far but in 2019 I want a Loic Nottet comeback and finally a second win for ! (Well with a good package this could also happen in 2018 of course)
    CURRENT 2019 RANKING: 12 The Netherlands 10 Italy 8 Azerbaijan 7 Norway 6 Switzerland 5 Portugal 4 Cyprus 3 Iceland 2 Malta 1 Czech Republic

  3. Hero LesterMalvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,519
    Location
    Schwäbisch Gmünd
    #12

    Re: BELGIUM 2018



    Has Kato ever stated anything related to Eurovision? I think she would bring a decent stage performance with a song like that. It is not amazing or anything but it fits Eurovision stage well to qualify and make it to the top 15 maybe.

  4. Ninja
    France
    popavapeur's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,439
    Location
    Paris (France)
    #13

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    if only RTBF and VRT could do it together with the only rule being : last decisions will be taken by the broadcaster of that year and the HoD on site will be from that broadcaster and if it's a win, they both put money in it with again, decisions taken by the broadcaster who won.

    or making a team that reunites every year for eurovision with 50% people from RTBF and 50% people from VRT and that's it

    they could even make a show cross-country bilingual to find the next act... That's two channels, they have the money for sure, there's more people in Belgium than in the nordic countries, what are they fucking waiting for.
    Likes  Sean, 12Points liked this post
     

  5. Junior Member
    Belgium
    EurovisionBelgium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    49
    Location
    Lier
    #14

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    I think this procedure (VRT in 2016, RTBF in 2017...) is a method to bring Flanders and Wallonia together. We are "fighting" about a lot of things, but Eurovision brings us together. Think that VRT-RTBF each year will divide things, because "OMG that a Flemish artist will win a national selection three years in a row... (of visa versa)"
    Likes  randajad, prime liked this post
     
    #TeamBelgium

  6. Ninja
    France
    popavapeur's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,439
    Location
    Paris (France)
    #15

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    Actually I don't mind a flemish winning 3y in a row because he's/she's belgian first. And we are looking for a belgian representative. Don't forget 2014 where Flemish viewers choose a walloon or Miss Belgium where we have half flemish/half walloon and that doesn't stop anything. This Flemish/Walloon war doesn't exist outside medias and politics, each part doesn't care at all about the other, like at all. I never heard of it from "real people" just in my TV or newspaper.

  7. Junkie
    Belgium
    lowyby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,706
    #16

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    Actually I don't mind a flemish winning 3y in a row because he's/she's belgian first. And we are looking for a belgian representative. Don't forget 2014 where Flemish viewers choose a walloon or Miss Belgium where we have half flemish/half walloon and that doesn't stop anything. This Flemish/Walloon war doesn't exist outside medias and politics, each part doesn't care at all about the other, like at all. I never heard of it from "real people" just in my TV or newspaper.
    Isn't that what Eurovision is, though :P

    And besides, the second part is not really true. There are really people who irritate themselves constantly about the other part, mostly in Flanders

  8. Ninja
    France
    popavapeur's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,439
    Location
    Paris (France)
    #17

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by lowyby View Post
    Isn't that what Eurovision is, though :P

    And besides, the second part is not really true. There are really people who irritate themselves constantly about the other part, mostly in Flanders
    Yeah I agree, there's some tension in some parts, specially in Ghent I would say or around Brussels. But I can tell that walloons don't care about Flemish in the big cities (Tournai, Mons, Charleroi, Namur, Arlon, Liège) and the ones that could dislike flemish are the ones near the lingual border. Children in Wallonia are now learning dutch since age 5 and my nephew is 9 and totally bilingual. So the language thing is gonna fade away with time.

    But it seems that Flemish are more "against" Walloon than the contrary, maybe because Vlanderen is the part that most drives the country economically ? I don't know ? but there is no really space left in flanders and flemish industries are flourishing in Wallonia. Economist are predicting Wallonia to be the economical strength of Belgium till 2050, So if it's gonna be accurate, I hope it will destroy this nonsensical fake war.

    But on the other hand if we were two countries, we would have 12points each year I guess

  9. Hero
    Sweden
    Pawhlen's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,980
    Location
    Eksjö
    #18

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    So, will the Flemish broadcaster have a national final again this time or will they go with a internal choice?

  10. Junkie
    Belgium
    lowyby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,706
    #19

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    Yeah I agree, there's some tension in some parts, specially in Ghent I would say or around Brussels. But I can tell that walloons don't care about Flemish in the big cities (Tournai, Mons, Charleroi, Namur, Arlon, Liège) and the ones that could dislike flemish are the ones near the lingual border. Children in Wallonia are now learning dutch since age 5 and my nephew is 9 and totally bilingual. So the language thing is gonna fade away with time.

    But it seems that Flemish are more "against" Walloon than the contrary, maybe because Vlanderen is the part that most drives the country economically ? I don't know ? but there is no really space left in flanders and flemish industries are flourishing in Wallonia. Economist are predicting Wallonia to be the economical strength of Belgium till 2050, So if it's gonna be accurate, I hope it will destroy this nonsensical fake war.

    But on the other hand if we were two countries, we would have 12points each year I guess
    I dont want to get too political but the whole idea of the Flemish dislike towards Wallonia is: Some things are federal like the trains NMBS. The Walloons want to strike constantly while Flemish People doesnt. The same goes with the prisons. And these problems come out of the fact that Flanders is politically very right and Wallonia very left. There is an image that Flandrian people has to work just so Wallonian people can maintain themselves (this is partly true as investigations turned out that a divided social security would make it so that Walloons dont have enough money and that Flanders can give more money to healthcare and social stuff just because billions of euros are transferred from Flanders to Wallonia. This is not a myth it's just a fact. And then if you have the media imaging trains, jails, ... Striking on forever in Wallonia, while Flandrians dont want to strike, and the trains arent on time etc because its federal so Wallonian strikes affect Flandrian trains, there is this massive discontent and imaging as Walloons not wanting to work and profiting from Flandrian money.

    Just to point out some feelings People have in Flanders, this is meant to be objective and doenst have to be my opinion

    But yeah EMMA BALE 4 ESC 2018

  11. Legend
    Portugal
    DanielLuis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,659
    #20

    Re: BELGIUM 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    So, will the Flemish broadcaster have a national final again this time or will they go with a internal choice?
    They already confirmed they will be doing a internal selection
    Likes  Stiven, Pawhlen liked this post
     




Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:43.