View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll

44 16.99%

12 4.63%

26 10.04%

21 8.11%

15 5.79%

23 8.88%

22 8.49%

20 7.72%

12 4.63%

7 2.70%

57 22.01%
Page 324 of 328 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328 LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3274

Thread: SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

Exclamation SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

2. Expert
    Germany

Re: SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

BjŲrkmans Explanation for Benjamins TV-Result:

“It’s such a smooth song, it’s very slick and it doesn’t have a built up dynamic, ” Christer told wiwiblogger Kevin at the Melfest artists reveal on Tuesday. It didn’t follow Eurovision parameters. “It’s not screaming for attention, and everything in Eurovision is screaming for attention. This was laid back and cool.”

The Melfest producer argues that the qualities in “Dance You Off” were more geared to impress juries, who have more time to analyze the song’s appeal. “The musicality, professionalism and the whole act is detected by the juries. I have a feeling everybody liked the song, but would have been more inclined to vote for another act that pops out more. That’s why we have juries, and overall, a seventh place is just fine.”
    Likes  lolita liked this post

I never walk away na na

3. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    BjŲrkmans Explanation for Benjamins TV-Result:
    I couldn't agree more on this one! I thought the same and posted something like this few months ago, too. Well explained.
    Likes  Realest, Lindon liked this post

"Life imitates art far more than art imitates life." 🍀🌸 ❧ ❦ღ ♡ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 🎶 🎷

4. Junkie
    Norway

So I watched the melfest version and his GF performance just for fun but why does the melfest staging (imo) look way better than the GF staging? Lighting's way better in the melfest version

5. Junkie
    Norway

looking at it again I find the melfest version of the staging so much better

6. Expert
    Austria

Honestly, how can somebody sincerely say, Ingrosso's song did not scream for attention? THAT light-show? THAT performance which was choreographed up to the tiniest smile and into every single movement?
    One can say whatever one wants about it, wether you like the song or not, wether you think it was justly treated or not. But saying that this was not screaming for attention is just laughable and a lame excuse for anyone who is disappointed because of higher expectations. Of course now people are going to say: "But the song itself was not". Grow up! Sweden NEVER EVER just sends a song, but their entries are ALWAYS designed as a whole package (and rightfully so - that's why they have so much success!). It was a perfectly well built pop act that somehow this time did not get as much love from the public as hoped. Simple as that. But not aiming for attention?!? That statement is a joke!
    Likes  94ayd, tuorem, randajad, Franzilein liked this post

7. Junkie
    Norway

To me, the song doesn't scream for attention but surely the slick staging does. And there's a lot of songs every year that do not scream for attention - and do well so I don't support his excuse either. But I feel like "Dance You Off" definitely did deserve a better televote than those lousy 20 points whatever it got

8. Senior Member
    Germany

Agree with the statements above. I also think that because every tiny movement was studied and choreographed, people couldn't connect to Benjamin and his performance at all, it felt sort of robotic in a way. Juries may have seen exactly that as professionalism however
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.

9. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss View Post
    So I watched the melfest version and his GF performance just for fun but why does the melfest staging (imo) look way better than the GF staging? Lighting's way better in the melfest version
    They didn't have in Portugal some light filter which was needed, so they couldn't make it to look so bright like it was in Sweden. It was published in the Swedish news during rehearsal week.
    Likes  Realest liked this post

10. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss View Post
    To me, the song doesn't scream for attention but surely the slick staging does. And there's a lot of songs every year that do not scream for attention - and do well so I don't support his excuse either. But I feel like "Dance You Off" definitely did deserve a better televote than those lousy 20 points whatever it got
    I think ( I have understood it like that) that he meant it only about the song, not the staging, because song is ordinary pop, radio song, it is hard to notice it in the contest, because many songs like that are made each they in America. Plus, this song is neither uptempo, neither too slow, emotional ballad. It will not move you, call you for dance, but also it will not cause any emotion inside you. Eurovision is for something more unique that besides also presents culture of the country. I still love it, really, but I understand the problems it caused when it comes to European audience, and why they didn't notice it/ like it.
    After all, Christer didn't owe explanation about result to anyone, it is done what is done already and it is not that much important, because it happened long ago. I don't know why almost everyone is making big deal of it, sometimes I get strange feeling that we will all discuss this "televote flop" or Sweden 2018 when we are 70. Someone must take one of the last places, it is contest, that is normal thing, even though it is Sweden and they always do well, there is first time for everything in life.
    And this contest is for sure NOT ALL about victory, success, result. It is about connecting people from different countries and getting to know music and artists from different parts of beautiful Europe.

11. Expert
    Germany

I never walk away na na