View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll

44 16.99%

12 4.63%

26 10.04%

21 8.11%

15 5.79%

23 8.88%

22 8.49%

20 7.72%

12 4.63%

7 2.70%

57 22.01%
Page 315 of 328 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3277

Thread: SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

Exclamation SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

2. Hero
    Sweden

Re: SWEDEN 2018 - Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I wouldnt call them similar, only because they are ballads. Ievas Song had more international Appeal and I doubt that Felix could compete with her Staging-Wise. Not to forget that both take each other possibly some Votes away. So 90-105 is definitely too much. But well never know.
    Felix song was pretty international appeal too, otherwise he wouldn´t have finish 2nd with the IJ

3. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    Felix could well have got around 90-105 points from televoting, had a simular kind of song and came 10th with 91p for example but not that much of the juries that Benjamin got (in fact I was surprised myself over the amount of jury points we got, I never expected him to be 2nd in the jury voting)
    I was 99,9% sure that Benjamin will be in the top 5 of the jury vote, and I was positively surprised that he was 2nd, but in my opinion, it is well deserved, performance was unique and spectacular, it elevated the song a lot, which I also find good and quality pop song, just too modern and mainstrem for the whole concept of the contest. I was worried only about public votes from the start, because reactions were pretty mixed, not that I understand why it went like that, because I am subjective when it comes to some song I like, of course. Maybe Felix would be placed between 7th and 9th place with the juries, like Frans was, his song was also calm, with little more tempo and staging was very simple.
    "Life imitates art far more than art imitates life." 🍀🌸 ❧ ❦ღ ♡ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 🎶 🎷

4. Hero
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by lolita View Post
    I was 99,9% sure that Benjamin will be in the top 5 of the jury vote, and I was positively surprised that he was 2nd, but in my opinion, it is well deserved, performance was unique and spectacular, it elevated the song a lot, which I also find good and quality pop song, just too modern and mainstrem for the whole concept of the contest. I was worried only about public votes from the start, because reactions were pretty mixed, not that I understand why it went like that, because I am subjective when it comes to some song I like, of course.
    I remember that I thought same about Frans back in 2016, I was very worried how viewers would react to that but directly after he had performed on the actual night, he stormed up on the Itunes list across Europe (I remember that he was top 10 on Itunes in at least 10 countries none of them was nordics after his performance)

5. Expert
    Germany

Felix song was pretty international appeal too, otherwise he wouldn´t have finish 2nd with the IJ
    Benjamin won the IJ and didnt have much international Appeal, so I wouldnt be too sure if that means anything
    I never walk away na na, walk away na na

6. Guru
    Serbia

I remember that I thought same about Frans back in 2016, I was very worried how viewers would react to that but directly after he had performed on the actual night, he stormed up on the Itunes list across Europe (I remember that he was top 10 on Itunes in at least 10 countries none of them was nordics after his performance)
    Yeah, I call it "Frans phenomenon". I remember very clearly that fandom hated him to the bits, he was more hated than Benjamin, almost noone liked that song, but on the night of the final, everything changed, general public really loved it, but that song had warm feeling, emotion. I hoped that same phenomenon would be repeated this year, but I understand why it hasn't happened, performance was perfectly polished, but it looked like music video, and unfortunately, it didn't connected with the audience, it was kinda cold, for them. It doesn't mean for me that song or performance are bad, like fandom in general interpretes the whole thing, I just think it lacked emotion, and public either votes for EMOTION or for very upbeat, catchy songs like Cyprus and Israel, and Czech Republic. This song was in the middle, when it comes to that path- emotion-catchiness, explosion...And this year was very competitive and strong, years when Frans and R. Bengtsson competed were very weak, we only had like 5 strong favorites, and the other songs were pretty meh, and this year, it was completely opposite situation. So, in the end, coming 7th in such a strong year is rare success and privilege. And no matter what people say, juries' opinion matters, if it didn't matter, we wouldn't have them here. They have saved many great and quality songs in the previous years, not just Sweden and this one song, but fandom now only sticks to this, because of the reasons counted on the many threads here (your great success on the contest, and stuff like that mentioned...).

7. Hero
    Sweden

Yeah, I call it "Frans phenomenon". I remember very clearly that fandom hated him to the bits, he was more hated than Benjamin, almost noone liked that song, but on the night of the final, everything changed, general public really loved it, but that song had warm feeling. I hoped that same phenomenon would be repeated this year, but I understand why it didn't happened, performance was perfectly polishedm but it looked like music video, and unfortunately, it didn't connected with the audience. It doesn't mean for me that song or performance are bad, like fandom in general interpretes whole thing, I just think it lacked emotion, and public either votes for EMOTION or for very upbeat, catchy songs like Cyprus and Israel, and Czech Republic. This song was in the middle, when it comes to that path- emotion-catchiness, explosion...
    The most hate I saw regarding Frans was from hardcore ESC-fans and those are not near good source for eeing how casual viewers vote

this is of the main reasons why the OGAE voting tends to not pick the right winner most years.
    Likes  lolita liked this post

8. Guru
    Serbia

The most hate I saw regarding Frans was from hardcore ESC-fans and those are not near good source for eeing how casual viewers vote

this is of the main reasons why the OGAE voting tends to not pick the right winner most years.
    That is true, but this year, unfortunately, taste of same those hardcore ESC fans matched the taste of the general public, I really thought it wouldn't be like that, because fandom is only 5% of the votes. I think it would be slightly worse than last year, just because of mixed reactions, maybe between 8th and 15th place, at least. As for Frans, I think his song is one of the most streamed ESC songs ever, even much more than some winning songs, I am not completely sure. It is still played on the radio, I've heard it here in two moths ago, in some cafe in the town centre, it was playing. I've read somewhere it is also played in many European countries' radios even nowadays.

9. Hero
    Sweden

That is true, but this year, unfortunately, taste of same those hardcore ESC fans matched the taste of the general public, I really thought it wouldn't be like that, because fandom is only 5% of the votes. I think it would be slightly worse than last year, just because of mixed reactions, maybe between 8th and 15th place, at least.
    Even blind cuccos can find grain sometime
    Likes  lolita liked this post

10. Hero
    Sweden

double post

11. Guru
    Serbia

Even blind cuccos can find grain sometime