Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SLOVENIA 2018

1. Junkie
    Ireland

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

EMA is my favourite NF, they do such a wonderful show every year. My only misgiving is that the juries and Slovenian public keep selecting the wrong songs. Blue and Red was atrocious in every single way, it was possibly the worst song to ever hit the Eurovision stage. That was, at least, until Omar Naber inflicted On My Way upon us all in Kyiv. Please Slovenia, vote for Raiven in 2018!!
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

2. Expert
    France

Three weeks ago, Raiven posted a picture of her on her instagram account, with the sentence: "Can't wait to get back to the studio"...

She toured in Slovenia and released her debut album "Magenta" this summer (which contains 10 songs, including Crno Bel and Zažarim), so either she missed the time she spent recording it or she really plans to get back to the studio (which would mean another Eurovision attempt, I can't imagine her working on a full album so soon). I sincerely hope it is the latter.

To me, Crno Bel was really special and powerful (quite alternative/underground-sounding + it showcased her vocals), while Zažarim was an ear worm that was more impactful and mainstream at first listen for Eurovision (while retaining originality, the melody was great), however the latter wasn't as well-crafted as the former arrangement-wise imo (more harp and some variations towards the end wouldn't have been useless). Still, both songs deserved to be picked in their respective years imo.

With the right upgrade (better camera angles), I think the staging of Zažarim with the lights would have looked fantastic (like Sweden 2014). Pity.

Personally, I think she chose the right songs to enter EMA (her repertoire is interesting, you should check "Magenta" out if you haven't already) and she is a Eurovision fan, so she knows how the contest works (for visuals and stuff), I hope she keeps her usual team. Also, I hope she doesn't "normalise" herself or try her luck in English: her accent is rather good, but her voice sounds more mysterious in her mother tongue imo.

I'm convinced Raiven remains an ace Slovenia should play. There is always a possibility another convincing package might come out of the blue (which I would be happy about) or Raay might manage to write another entry as good as "Here For You" or "Round And Round" ("Fse" and "Heart Of Gold" were nothing special tbh), yet for now she should try again, she's a real artist. Maybe third time's a charm?
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

3. Veteran
    Italy

Pretty sure that BQL are going to represent Slovenia

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234