View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll

38 20.00%

16 8.42%

20 10.53%

17 8.95%

13 6.84%

18 9.47%

17 8.95%

10 5.26%

9 4.74%

11 5.79%

21 11.05%
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

Exclamation SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

Likes  Dessi liked this post

2. Veteran
    France

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    actually the article has been translated badly...original article here only states that the artists will have to perform in national language in the semi finals
    So basically like in
    = What's happening to the wishes and the will of all of the Eurofans.

They should really make this rule be extended to the final, in contrast to the Icelandic one. I'd even agree with the EBU, if they decided to introduce the language rule at the ESC again. "Celebrate diversity" would've been the most flawless embodiement of this kind of decision.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

3. Legend
    France

I don't see the point of "forcing" artists to have lyrics in Slovene if it's just for the semis tbh, that's artificial if the songs end up being sung in English by the time the final starts. Iceland have that system and they were always subject to complains about how most some of their entries have lost a part of their mystery once sung in English. In addition to that, one can't say it dramatically improves their chances of qualification and/or success. Ég Á Líf got a better result than most of their attempts this decade...

We'll see what it will translate to anyway. I guess it's time for Slovene to make a comeback: it's been a long time since Verjamem and Cvet Z Juga were sent.
    Likes  Stiven, anto475 liked this post

4. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    I don't see the point of "forcing" artists to have lyrics in Slovene if it's just for the semis tbh, that's artificial if the songs end up being sung in English by the time the final starts. Iceland have that system and they were always subject to complains about how most some of their entries have lost a part of their mystery once sung in English. In addition to that, one can't say it dramatically improves their chances of qualification and/or success. Ég Á Líf got a better result than most of their attempts this decade...

We'll see what it will translate to anyway. I guess it's time for Slovene to make a comeback: it's been a long time since Verjamem and Cvet Z Juga were sent.

Why has Verjamem done so bad back in 2012? I can't still figure it out.

By the way, Iceland is always complaining about their awful results, but they're not attempting to improve their selection process or at least changing some parts of the rules. I'm tired with their annoyance, because you can't be upset with the outcome, when you aren't putting your whole heart into it.
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

5. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    Why has Verjamem done so bad back in 2012? I can't still figure it out.

By the way, Iceland is always complaining about their awful results, but they're not attempting to improve their selection process or at least changing some parts of the rules. I'm tired with their annoyance, because you can't be upset with the outcome, when you aren't putting your whole heart into it.
    I guess Verjamem's failure is open to interpretation. Some say the song/performance were bad, etc, which solves the problem quickly For me, I think it was because Eva Boto was the only Balkan artist of the semi to be a nobody at that time: Zeljko, Kaliopi, Maya Sar and Nina Badric were all famous and more experienced artists and, as they all performed Balkan-sounding ballads in native language, I guess they were fighting for the same voters. Serbia, Bosnia and Macedonia got through, Croatia was left behind because there wasn't much support left (I mean they couldn't all qualify, sadly), and Slovenia got overlooked despite having Vladimir Graić as a composer. That doesn't explain it all, the songs themselves certainly influenced the voting, but popularity-wise in the Balkan region, Eva Boto was starting with minus points compared with her competitors And as Slovenia never receives gratuitous points from neighbours (or anyone else)...

6. Veteran
    France

I guess Verjamem's failure is open to interpretation. Some say the song/performance were bad, etc, which solves the problem quickly For me, I think it was because Eva Boto was the only Balkan artist of the semi to be a nobody at that time: Zeljko, Kaliopi, Maya Sar and Nina Badric were all famous and more experienced artists and, as they all performed Balkan-sounding ballads in native language, I guess they were fighting for the same voters. Serbia, Bosnia and Macedonia got through, Croatia was left behind because there wasn't much support left (I mean they couldn't all qualify, sadly), and Slovenia got overlooked despite having Vladimir Graić as a composer. That doesn't explain it all, the songs themselves certainly influenced the voting, but popularity-wise in the Balkan region, Eva Boto was starting with minus points compared with her competitors And as Slovenia never receives gratuitous points from neighbours (or anyone else)...
    I do wonder how well it'd have done this year, if Eva Boto went on to compete instead of Omar in the first semi final. I reckon that her entry would have got less chances to be left aside than in 2012, as there weren't plenty of famous singers if I'm remembering it properly. The same would have occured with Nina and Croatia, as they could have qualified back in 2012 with the current voting system and the two distinct set of points.
    However... the point is that the performance isn't the only viable reason why a song can miss the final out, though it can be implied. The language with which the entry is sung along with the amount of countries, which are usually giving some points to the one we're dealing with can be a proof of how an entry can be underrated sometimes.

7. Legend
    Slovenia

Isn't it ironic that after two non-qualifications we're trying to imitate Iceland...a country with three nq's in a row?
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

8. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    I do wonder how well it'd have done this year, if Eva Boto went on to compete instead of Omar in the first semi final. I reckon that her entry would have got less chances to be left aside than in 2012, as there weren't plenty of famous singers if I'm remembering it properly. The same would have occured with Nina and Croatia, as they could have qualified back in 2012 with the current voting system and the two distinct set of points.
    However... the point is that the performance isn't the only viable reason why a song can miss the final out, though it can be implied. The language with which the entry is sung along with the amount of countries, which are usually giving some points to the one we're dealing with can be a proof of how an entry can be underrated sometimes.
    Every edition is different, so it's difficult to say what would have happened this year. Of course, the performance is an element amongst others, there could be plenty of reasons why an act qualifies or fails to do so. Sometimes, it comes down to the right moment. Indeed someone singing in Serbian might attract more votes than someone singing in Slovene because it's a more widespread and popular language. But I believe language isn't the insurmountable barrier some people speak about - even more nowadays - it's an asset that could actually make people pay extra attention to a song.

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    Isn't it ironic that after two non-qualifications we're trying to imitate Iceland...a country with three nq's in a row?
    Trying?! I thought you stopped trying after Maraaya! I mean I understand the disappointment because "Here For You" was bomb and it sadly didn't do as well as it should have, but still... You need to pull yourself together Just kidding! I miss the time when I was rooting for you!

9. Veteran
    France

Every edition is different, so it's difficult to say what would have happened this year. Of course, the performance is an element amongst others, there could be plenty of reasons why an act qualifies or fails to do so. Sometimes, it comes down to the right moment. Indeed someone singing in Serbian might attract more votes than someone singing in Slovene because it's a more widespread and popular language. But I believe language isn't the insurmountable barrier some people speak about - even more nowadays - it's an asset that could actually make people pay extra attention to a song.
    When viewers are really determined to hear how well an entry can sound with this kind a language, they're totally able to focus on this, and tend to vote for it much more than if it was performed in English.

10. Legend
    Slovenia

I'll just leave this here

Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

11. Legend
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by r3gg13 View Post
    Please internally select Klemen Slakonja
    He released a new video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZfuJdycGc