View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll

38 20.00%

16 8.42%

20 10.53%

17 8.95%

13 6.84%

18 9.47%

17 8.95%

10 5.26%

9 4.74%

11 5.79%

21 11.05%
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

Exclamation SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

Likes  Dessi liked this post

2. Legend
    Slovenia

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

Klemen Slakonja? yeeeeees

He's been quiet for some time, but he's so talented that if rtvslo calls him during the summer he can come up with a strong contender until mid march

#FastFoodMusic
    Likes  r3gg13, prime liked this post

Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

3. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by elanyvx View Post
    Two EMA's editions and two eliminations in Eurovision. Maybe the winners were "bad"?
    RTVSLO can select the act internally, and maybe Raiven can go to Eurovision finally?
    Why organize a good contest and then be eliminated in Europe?
    They have to choose in an appropriate way (jury and televote), otherwise choose internally for those who prefer in RTVSLO !
    Personally, I can't see RTVSLO give up on EMA because: 1) they've already changed its format this year to offer people more artists and songs because they were probably aware the former 2014-2016 system had lost popularity, 2) because the current system (2 semis + 1 final) generates more money (tickets for the shows, commercials, votes).

They've put on a very professional show this year, and I'm certain they'll aim for a similar project, at least for a couple of years to see if it increases interest in Eurovision. I don't know if the viewing rates were good this year? If someone is more informed, please let us know...

Otherwise, I agree with you: putting the shows aside, they should re-think their voting system or choose their "experts" more carefully because their decision has led to this obvious 2017 failure. They can fix their votes for Raiven indeed (she deserves it so much tbh!) or simply think forward and reward riskier songs musically-speaking. Slovenia needs to stand out to fare decently, swimming in the sea of mediocrity won't make them go anywhere imo, way too many countries do that already.
    Likes  Stiven, John1 liked this post

Na površju vse je mirno, a v meni je KAOS

4. Legend
    United States

https://eurovoix.com/2017/05/30/slov...osed-ema-2018/ And so it begins...wonder how many others will follow suit
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

RIP Carola's self-written song about Jebus
    12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

5. Hero
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    https://eurovoix.com/2017/05/30/slov...osed-ema-2018/ And so it begins...wonder how many others will follow suit
    Wow that's something, at least Salvador's win had some impact in other countries
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

6. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWest View Post
    Wow that's something, at least Salvador's win had some impact in other countries
    This is the best aftermath that we could ever expect following the victory of at the ESC. It proves that we don't necessarily need to sing in English in order to win the whole thing. I deeply hope that they'll force all of the singers to perform their entry in Slovene (or other small minorities, which are recognized in ) at the ESC. It means that the entrant shouldn't be allowed to revamp their entry with some changes such as a translation of the whole entry from Slovene/Croatian to English.
    Likes  JonnyWest, tuorem, r3gg13 liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

7. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    This is the best aftermath that we could ever expect following the victory of at the ESC. It proves that we don't necessarily need to sing in English in order to win the whole thing. I deeply hope that they'll force all of the singers to perform their entry in Slovene (or other small minorities, which are recognized in ) at the ESC. It means that the entrant shouldn't be allowed to revamp their entry with some changes such as a translation of the whole entry from Slovene/Croatian to English.
    Hot news indeed I really hope it will be like you said: "Vanilija" has been translated into English after Maja's victory in 2011, and I personally don't want that to happen anymore. If people voted for the song, they haven't voted for an instrumental, lyrics and language matter too. I cross my fingers for Albania that should stop translating their entries too, and Iceland should really consider abandoning that "it's your own choice" policy because it equals to English versions every time.

Side note: Raiven has to see this news
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

8. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Hot news indeed I really hope it will be like you said: "Vanilija" has been translated into English after Maja's victory in 2011, and I personally don't want that to happen anymore. If people voted for the song, they haven't voted for an instrumental, lyrics and language matter too. I cross my fingers for Albania that should stop translating their entries too, and Iceland should really consider abandoning that "it's your own choice" policy because it equals to English versions every time.

Side note: Raiven has to see this news
    Raiven is way too utterly motivated to give up on representing Slovenia at the ESC. Moreover, she absolutely deserves to win the whole thing, as she was one of the only entrants in the past few years, who sung in their NATIVE LANGUAGE. Isn't it so difficult and hard to do so?
    Likes  tuorem, anto475 liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

9. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    Raiven is way too utterly motivated to give up on representing Slovenia at the ESC. Moreover, she absolutely deserves to win the whole thing, as she was one of the only entrants in the past few years, who sung in their NATIVE LANGUAGE. Isn't it so difficult and hard to do so?
    I know right, it's kind of sad to witness so little motivation in this regard. Thankfully, we had also Nika Zorjan and her dialect Native language is not limited to traditional music or joke acts, it's part of a bigger picture which includes all kinds of music genres, and it should show through in national finals.

Regarding Raiven, I've seen some people claim she would have translated Zazarim in case of victory... I haven't found any info proving she actually said that, but that would have been quite lame imo. Anyway, it's indeed really fresh to see an artist like her promote modern material in Slovene. I'm really glad about that new rule in EMA.

10. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    I know right, it's kind of sad to witness so little motivation in this regard. Thankfully, we had also Nika Zorjan and her dialect Native language is not limited to traditional music or joke acts, it's part of a bigger picture which includes all kinds of music genres, and it should show through in national finals.

Regarding Raiven, I've seen some people claim she would have translated Zazarim in case of victory... I haven't found any info proving she actually said that, but that would have been quite lame imo. Anyway, it's indeed really fresh to see an artist like her promote modern material in Slovene. I'm really glad about that new rule in EMA.
    How outrageous, Zazarim was truly a masterpiece, yet I still don't know whether it'd have turned out to get much more memorable and great in English. Despite being deeply fond of English and other things(which are strongly linked to linguistics) such as rhetoric and literature, which mostly surrounds my interest in this fabulous language; I cannot deny that Slovene sounds like a soft melody to my ears. This provides me the most marvellous vibes that I ever got. I just can't help it.

It comes across weird, but I'd love to live long enough in order to see Slovenia winning this shit someday.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

11. Legend
    Slovenia

actually the article has been translated badly...original article here only states that the artists will have to perform in national language in the semi finals
    So basically like in
    Likes  John1 liked this post

Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast