View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12

    23 20.72%
  • 10

    3 2.70%
  • 08

    6 5.41%
  • 07

    9 8.11%
  • 06

    9 8.11%
  • 05

    12 10.81%
  • 04

    11 9.91%
  • 03

    11 9.91%
  • 02

    5 4.50%
  • 01

    5 4.50%
  • 00

    17 15.32%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 217

Thread: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - For You

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Administrator escYOUnited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,185
    #1

    GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - For You


  2. Junkie
    Italy
    GianlucaTomoe's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,972
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    #2

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    from Georgia I hope for another uncompromising song like this year and please, let it be another song NOT liked by the fans!

  3. Legend
    Slovenia
    EscGeek's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,233
    Location
    Milky Way
    #3

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    I wonder for how long they can keep up with my music taste..

    10 amazing songs in a row (11 if we count 2009)

    for comparison, if a country is capable of 3 great entires in a row, i'm already impressed (looking at you belgium)
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

  4. Hero
    Bosnia Herzegovina
    randajad's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,773
    #4

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    I just adore how they always pick something random. We never know what we are going to get. Usually I like their entries, I hated 2012/2014/2017 with passion tho.

  5. Veteran
    Sweden
    A-lister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    27,375
    #5

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Last decent song from Georgia was 2010, but the last and so far only really good Georgian entry was their debut 2007, I for one am still in awe how a country can enter one of the best debut entries period in ESC history, and then just fall flat from there.

    Georgia is randomly choosing random and bad entries every year, every year I ask for something like Nino Chkheidze, but instead we get some lame Swedish imports or complete mess as in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 (different shades of awfulness).

  6. ESC Moderator
    Scotland
    QwaarJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,158
    Location
    Kilmacolm,Scotland
    #6

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Last decent song from Georgia was 2010, but the last and so far only really good Georgian entry was their debut 2007, I for one am still in awe how a country can enter one of the best debut entries period in ESC history, and then just fall flat from there.

    Georgia is randomly choosing random and bad entries every year, every year I ask for something like Nino Chkheidze, but instead we get some lame Swedish imports or complete mess as in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 (different shades of awfulness).
    I agree 2007 was amazing, but I really liked 2011 and 2016 as well. Rest are terrible mostly.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

  7. Legend
    France
    tuorem's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,953
    Location
    GN-z11
    #7

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Personally, I have lots of respect for Georgia because they never repeat themselves and try really different things (from mainstream pop to niche genres).

    I hope they'll send in song in Georgian someday.


  8. Veteran
    France
    John1's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,541
    Location
    France
    #8

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Personally, I have lots of respect for Georgia because they never repeat themselves and try really different things (from mainstream pop to niche genres).

    I hope they'll send in song in Georgian someday.

    This wouldn't be the most clever choice that they could ever make in their whole ESC history since their début in 2007. For instance, I remember that the entries from 2012 and 2014 were the most boring and the weakest songs that I ever listened to, though they were performed in Georgian.

    Thereby, I do assume that they should have definitely sent "Visionary Dream" in Georgian instead of English. It'd have turned to be much more full of mystery than it actually was along with paying tribute to musical variety.


    Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    I agree 2007 was amazing, but I really liked 2011 and 2016 as well. Rest are terrible mostly.
    Musical tastes are usually different as I'd have rather thought about the entries from 2010 and 2015 besides, though I totally agree with you on the fact that 2013 and 2014 were on the one hand way weaker and on the other hand not really outstanding.
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

  9. Legend
    Slovenia
    EscGeek's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,233
    Location
    Milky Way
    #9

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    For instance, I remember that the entries from 2012 and 2014 were the most boring and the weakest songs that I ever listened to, though they were performed in Georgian.
    2014 was in fully in english, but hey, how would you know that if you hate it so much right?
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

  10. Veteran
    France
    John1's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,541
    Location
    France
    #10

    Re: GEORGIA 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    2014 was in fully in english, but hey, how would you know that if you hate it so much right?
    This sounds both sarcastic and hilarious at the same time, but I do agree with you, as I didn't even hear it more than twice.
    I always believed in the fact that this awful entry was performed in Georgian, due to the fact that I deeply hated it.
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:14.