View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll

23 20.72%

3 2.70%

6 5.41%

9 8.11%

9 8.11%

12 10.81%

11 9.91%

11 9.91%

5 4.50%

5 4.50%

17 15.32%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - For You

GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - For You

2. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Re: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao

@lavieenrose told me to stop whatever it was I was doing and to listen to Georgia's entrant, and his urgent call was certainly necessary. Go Georgia for doing their own thing and not giving a flying turd what anyone thinks. They don't always have me on board, but a lot of the time they compete with songs that are singular, and I think that's very much something to respect.

This seems like a promising choice. I feel like Iriao could blossom like a beautiful flower in Lisbon. I'm interested to find out what direction they will go in. It could be something a little experimental and free in nature, as they seem to have that side, judging by some of their songs on youtube. That could be cool. I'll have my fingers crossed however for something like this that i've shared below. Their lead singers voice is deep yet tender, and has a weariness to it that melts my heart here.

Likes  lavieenrose, usaorest, kjetil, JonnyWest liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    @lavieenrose told me to stop whatever it was I was doing and to listen to Georgia's entrant, and his urgent call was certainly necessary. Go Georgia for doing their own thing and not giving a flying turd what anyone thinks. They don't always have me on board, but a lot of the time they compete with songs that are singular, and I think that's very much something to respect.

This seems like a promising choice. I feel like Iriao could blossom like a beautiful flower in Lisbon. I'm interested to find out what direction they will go in. It could be something a little experimental and free in nature, as they seem to have that side, judging by some of their songs on youtube. That could be cool. I'll have my fingers crossed however for something like this that i've shared below. Their lead singers voice is deep yet tender, and has a weariness to it that melts my heart here.

OMG!! The intro from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_bMcSibiw is actually them right? They used it for the JESC promo from this year!! :O

4. Veteran
    Italy

Looking forward to see what they are going to bring. THANK U SO MUCH GEORGIA FOR NOT BRINGING A CHEESY BALLAD ABOUT BEING HEARTBROKEN
    Likes  Dodiih, Stiven, 94ayd liked this post

5. Veteran
    Austria

Again, Georgia has chosen a very unusual act for Eurovision. Haven't heard a lot from them so far, but with the right song, this could be a pleasant surprise. Qualification though might be a challenge...

6. Expert
    Germany

I gave them a 2nd chance and still find them horrible. Id rather listen to a clicheballad from a young heartbroken girl than to this.

7. Veteran
    Austria

Since there is no NF, I suppose there will be a show to decide which member of the group has to stay at home, since they have 7 members and only six are allowed on the ESC-stagt. (btw. did Georgia know this rule when they nominated them? )

8. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

This is either going to be amazing or a total shit show, only time will tell.

9. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

10. Veteran
    Sweden

I don't know what to think at this point, I guess I'll have to wait for the song before passing judgement!
    ~ WV117 SWEDEN: ??
    ~ WLSC188 TAMAUSIA & DELTANNOR: SJUR ft. Caitlyn Scarlett - Thinkin' Bout

11. Junkie
    Japan

Many Eurovision singers choose a genre more Eurovision-ish when preparing their entry for the contest.
    I hope these guys also put some effort to Eurovision-ize their entry and not go with sth that is 100% what they have done till now.

Plus, I want an entry from Georgia that is not ethno-jazz or ethno-rock, but totally 100% ethno folk song.
    That will work for sure.
    Their traditional instruments are so AMAZING !

So sad that they are not as successful as their neighbours.
    I hope next year they will find success by staying true to their culture and sending a folk song IN GEORGIAN <3

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast