View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll

3 1.71%

3 1.71%

11 6.29%

6 3.43%

6 3.43%

7 4.00%

15 8.57%

21 12.00%

19 10.86%

32 18.29%

52 29.71%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ICELAND 2018 - Ari Ólafsson - Our Choice

ICELAND 2018 - Ari Ólafsson - Our Choice

2. Enthusiast
    England

Re: ICELAND 2018

I think go with something guitar-led, traditional and folky... along the lines of Ásgeir, Sin Fang, and Of Monsters And Men... Find something catchy and haunting and it'll be sailing into the top ten...

Oh...

And...

SING IN ICELANDIC
    Likes  Kitakaze, randajad, alca, whiteshoes, 12Points liked this post

2019: 12 Italy 10 Iceland 8 Netherlands 7 Portugal 6 Switzerland 5 Cyprus 4 Belgium 3 Malta 2 Sweden 1 Czech Republic

3. Hero
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by cripesdude View Post
    I think go with something guitar-led, traditional and folky... along the lines of Ásgeir, Sin Fang, and Of Monsters And Men... Find something catchy and haunting and it'll be sailing into the top ten...

Oh...

And...

SING IN ICELANDIC
    Amen.

4. Hero
    Sweden

Send something simular to "Of Monsters and Men" and we will be going to Reykjavik in 2019

5. Junkie
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    Send something simular to "Of Monsters and Men" and we will be going to Reykjavik in 2019
    2016 is calling

6. Ninja
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by cripesdude View Post

Oh...

And...

SING IN ICELANDIC
    Don't forget a dolphin

7. Junior Member
    United States

Till now Iceland is struggling to find the stroke of luck, though i believe they got competent voices...

8. Veteran
    France

I'll seize the opportunity of having the possibility to raise some issues there by asking myself some questions:

. Will Iceland finally decide to give internal selection a shot?
    . May the preselected singers stop singing in English for once?
    . Would this country actually be pleased with hosting the ESC?

All of the answers to those issues are quite negative seems pretty unlikely to me, as the Icelandic broadcaster doesn't want to get a decent selection process, due to the fact that most of the entries, which are 'internally' selected and due to perform in this national final, are usually weaker than the others throughout Europe.

What does keep picking their song out through this awful preselection for? Erm, the most logical reasons are the following ones, and it's getting quite bothering :

- Lack of money.
    - Less motivated because of their awful results in the past few years.
    - Willing artists are prevented from competing for this country because of the Söngvakneppnin.

Indeed, they could make it through and achieve a top 15 result for once by choosing their entry through an internal selection in the same way as the does. Nonetheless, it seems pretty accurate that they don't have the guts to do so. This is a waste of money and time, because they perfectly know that there won't be any songs like 'Is it true?', which could provide them the opportunity to win, competing in their awful national final ever again.

"Paper" was a piece of art, when it's getting compared to their 2014, 2015's entry. Why didn't they encourage her to wear fancier clothes and told her that her staging was dreadful and that it'd ruin up the whole mystical atmosphere of the song and her chances of doing well? I do believe that if they were a bit more involved in the ESC, they could've done much more well than that in 2017.

However, the non-qualification of Greta remains one of the great mysteries of this contest. No one was guilty here, apart from the viewers and the jurors?
    Likes  jimijoop liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

9. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    I'd like to see one of those artists:

Ásgeir, Kaleo, Of Monsters and Men, Low Roar, Tilbury, Sin Fang (or Seabear), Skálmöld ( ), Mono Town, Rökkurró (NOT Hildur alone), Júníus Meyvant, CeaseTone, Soley, Emilíana Torrini, Árstíðir, Myrra Rós, Lockerbie, Mammút, múm, Mugison, Hinemoa (with a better song this time), Lára Rúnars, Teitur Magnusson, Eyþór Ingi (solo or with Todmobile), Hjaltalín, Svavar Knútur, Valdimar, Ragnheiður Gröndal, FM Belfast (more for the entertainment as for their music), Arnór Dan (solo or with Agent Fresco), Axel Flovent, Sveimur, Snorri Helgason, Vio, Kiriyama Family and maybe Bang Gang.

Most of these suggestions are rather unrealistic but at least I am not picky. Please more artists like these and less The Voice of Iceland participants.
    Agree on that and in addition I have faith that first Icelandic victory will be with their indie.

10. Legend
    Ukraine

The participants will be presented at 20:40CET.

Webcast ------> http://www.ruv.is/ruv

Though the songs have already leaked.

11. Senior Member
    Italy

@AlekS What is the site where you found the names and listened to the songs?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast