ESC Big Brother 2017 - FINAL. Deadline: Sunday, April 30th, 23:59 CET
The most controversial game of the year is back........and you love it. The annual Big Brother game is back, are ready to protect your favorite entries at any cost? This game is loosely based on the American version of the famous reality TV Show Big Brother.
17 songs were eliminated in the Semi Final and now it's down to the wire. Who will win the ESC Big Brother Game? Read the rules below and follow my lead. Only members of the Forum will be able to nominate songs while all readers have the ability to cast their vote to evict an entry.
So we'll try to keep it straight forward! May the best song win.
Each round consists of two Stages: a. Nomination and b. Elimination
Each round, registered members of the ESC United forum will be able to nominate one song for eviction. You will vote in the poll that is going to be posted in the thread.
Once the deadline has passed, the names of the members who voted, will be thrown in a hat. Three members will be randomly chosen and their nominations will be put up for eviction. That means the three users will be the Head of Household (HOH) for the day. If one or more of the Hoh’s picked the same nominee, we will keep drawing names until we have three different nominees.
The name of the HOHs as well as the three nominations will be revealed to the public.
Everyone on the Internet (Forum and Website) will be able to cast their vote to evict a song. The poll will stay up for approximately 24 hours.
The country/act that has received the highest number of votes, will be evicted from the game.
The HoH who nominated the eliminated country and will be able to give immunity to a country the following round.
We’ll start over.
1. There is no rule on who you should or should not vote for, but voting for your least favorite could actually hurt some of your favorites at times, so just consider some of the strategical suggestions I'm throwing out there.
2. You are not required to reveal your votes in the thread, but you are allowed to share your vote and encourage members to vote with you (or even form a clan like Team Valentina or any other team).
3. Check the thread on who people vote for because that could give you an indication who is in danger and who is not (of course that you will never know for sure because the majority of players do not reveal their votes).
4. Base your vote on voting patterns and trends because your favourites can have bigger chances to survive.
Example: You hate Germany’s entry and also dislike the Slovenian song. While you would rather see Germany go, it may be a better idea to vote for Slovenia first if you can see a lot of members want to get rid of it first. If you have a feeling Germany will not get enough votes, you may just be throwing your vote away, so maybe going for a different song until the opportunity arises to get rid of Germany would be the smart thing to do.
5. Get with your friends and buddies and vote in groups to increase your chances to nominate/evict a song (but don’t forget that the board and game rules still apply here and that you are not allowed to break them).
6. Don’t forget that the HoH play a big part in this game, so be sure to use that power wisely instead of just throwing it away by nominating something you know might not go home at this point. If you know the person who has won the HoH power, you can know which song would that person nominate or save, so you can base your vote on that as well.
So, to sum up the most important parts, the most vital things here are understanding of the rules and strategy.
Re: ESC Big Brother 2017 - FINAL. Deadline: Sunday, March 26th, 23:59 CET
Time is up, the results are in, get ready for the nominations. First up, let's see who has received the most votes, keep in mind that receiving the most votes doesn't guarantee getting nominated but will increase the odds. I will not reveal the number of votes received but at least you can get an idea just looking at the ranking.
Croatia: Jacques Houdek - My Friend *IMMUNITY*
Sweden: Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On
Greece: Demy - This Is Love
Italy: Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma
United Kingdom: Lucie Jones - never give up on you
Czech Republic: Martina Bárta - My Turn
Netherlands: O'G3NE - Lights And Shadows *IMMUNITY*
Portugal: Salvador Sobral - Amar pelos dois
Albania: Lindita - World
Cyprus: Hovig - Gravity
Iceland: Svala - Paper
Israel: Imri - I Feel Alive
Moldova: SunStroke Project - Hey Mamma
Azerbaijan: Dinaj - Skeleton
Belgium: Blanche - City Lights
Denmark: Anja Nissen - Where I Am
Hungary: Joci Pápai - Origo
Ireland: Brendan Murray - Dying To Try
Serbia: Tijana Bogicevic - In Too Deep
Switzerland: Timebelle - Apollo
Belarus: Naviband - Historyja Majho žyccia
Estonia: Koit Toome & Laura - Verona
Finland: Norma John - Blackbird *IMMUNITY*
France: Alma - Requiem
Macedonia: Jana Burceska - Dance Alone
Norway: JOWST - Grab The Moment
HOH 1: Nicholas123
HOH 2: lacrymea
HOH 3: Polly
It is up to them to decide whether or not they'd like to share their nominations. This is what's going to happen next:
1. Please vote to eliminate a song by clicking HERE!
2. The poll has been reset, please cast your vote in this thread to nominate the next songs. The nominated songs are on there, if you vote for the song that'll be evicted, any votes cast against that country will not count and you wasted your vote.
3. I will contact the HOH's and one of them will be able to grant immunity to a country, preventing a possible nomination next round.