ESC Big Brother 2017 - SEMI FINAL 2. Deadline: Friday, March 24th, 23:59 CET
The most controversial game of the year is back........and you love it. The annual Big Brother game is back, are ready to protect your favorite entries at any cost? This game is loosely based on the American version of the famous reality TV Show Big Brother.
In the first round, we will narrow down the 43 participating countries from 43 to 26. That means seventeen songs will be eliminated in the Semi Finals. As every year, we'd like to throw in a few Twists and as previously mentioned, here is the first one: In previous years, the Big 5 and Host nation did not have to battle it out and automatically advanced to the Final Stage. But no anymore as this year they will have to go through the same process and could see their demise earlier than expected, that is up to you. But enough talking, let's get the ball rolling.
So we'll try to keep it straight forward! May the best song win.
Each round consists of two Stages: a. Nomination and b. Elimination
Each round, registered members of the ESC United forum will be able to nominate one song for eviction. You will vote in the poll that is going to be posted in the thread.
Once the deadline has passed, the names of the members who voted, will be thrown in a hat. Three members will be randomly chosen and their nominations will be put up for eviction. That means the three users will be the Head of Household (HOH) for the day. If one or more of the Hoh’s picked the same nominee, we will keep drawing names until we have three different nominees.
The name of the HOHs as well as the three nominations will be revealed to the public.
Everyone on the Internet (Forum and Website) will be able to cast their vote to evict a song. The poll will stay up for approximately 24 hours.
The country/act that has received the highest number of votes, will be evicted from the game.
The HoH who nominated the eliminated country and will be able to give immunity to a country the following round.
We’ll start over.
1. There is no rule on who you should or should not vote for, but voting for your least favorite could actually hurt some of your favorites at times, so just consider some of the strategical suggestions I'm throwing out there.
2. You are not required to reveal your votes in the thread, but you are allowed to share your vote and encourage members to vote with you (or even form a clan like Team Valentina or any other team).
3. Check the thread on who people vote for because that could give you an indication who is in danger and who is not (of course that you will never know for sure because the majority of players do not reveal their votes).
4. Base your vote on voting patterns and trends because your favourites can have bigger chances to survive.
Example: You hate Germany’s entry and also dislike the Slovenian song. While you would rather see Germany go, it may be a better idea to vote for Slovenia first if you can see a lot of members want to get rid of it first. If you have a feeling Germany will not get enough votes, you may just be throwing your vote away, so maybe going for a different song until the opportunity arises to get rid of Germany would be the smart thing to do.
5. Get with your friends and buddies and vote in groups to increase your chances to nominate/evict a song (but don’t forget that the board and game rules still apply here and that you are not allowed to break them).
6. Don’t forget that the HoH play a big part in this game, so be sure to use that power wisely instead of just throwing it away by nominating something you know might not go home at this point. If you know the person who has won the HoH power, you can know which song would that person nominate or save, so you can base your vote on that as well.
So, to sum up the most important parts, the most vital things here are understanding of the rules and strategy.
I will reveal a few changes over the next few days but here is one major change: The Big 5 are no longer guaranteed safety from the Semis. That's right, in ESC they may be able to sit back and relax thanks to their untouchable status. But this is ESC Big Brother and nobody is safe. That means they will have to go through the Semis just like anybody else. Stay tuned for addtl updates.