Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 301

Thread: JESC 2017

  1. Ninja
    Brazil
    Alaska49's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    #291

    Re: JESC 2017

    incredible contest, most songs were amazing, lizi pop as a host is my everything, serbia is probably my favourite JESC entry of all times, russia was a really good winner and sofia fisenko was avenged

    the online voting was a disgraceful shitshow though and it must never happen again lest JESC and even ESC become melfest
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post
     

  2. Legend
    Ukraine
    AlekS's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,549
    Location
    Ukraine
    #292

    Re: JESC 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Because Russia were unable to participate because Ukraine broke Eurovision rules: the broadcasting country should provide all participants “the opportunity to obtain an entry visa for the entire period of the event.”

    Therefore It's a kick in the balls to those who allowed Ukraine to get their own way and break rules
    It's a kick in your balls it seems because we have no visa regime with Russia thus this rule doesn't work
    And of course Samoylova urging Russia to invade my country should have worried you more.
    Any public persona who urges to attack Ukraine won't be allowed to cross our borders. Such laws exist in Israel, USA and in... yes, Russia
    Polina is a sweet girl and I haven't noticed her making political statements about Georgia before the contest.
    Likes  Realest, Stiven liked this post
     

    http://y2u.be/rAeQqG85Sl4

  3. Legend
    Ukraine
    AlekS's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,549
    Location
    Ukraine
    #293

    Re: JESC 2017

    The online voting thingie... I expected worse different results. Voting for your own country is a mess. The voting crashed which made all the things even messier
    Interesting that Ukrainian & Russian juries exchanged points. So it's not that political
    Imho, Polina looked too adult and her energy was a lil' bit aggressive but I can't deny that she's talented. She was 8th in my personal ranking though. I liked Poland, Italy & Portugal.

    Lord knows how hard I've been facepalming since I found out that UA:PBC are goinng to use a tree again Thankfully it looked like something else in this romantic key but I wanted something different.
    Likes  JonnyWest liked this post
     

    http://y2u.be/rAeQqG85Sl4

  4. Veteran
    Canada
    aletem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,554
    Location
    Canada
    #294

    Re: JESC 2017

    I really think suffers from a Stockholm Syndrome. If by now, with yet again 12th place, didn't ring a bell about the contests, then it never will. And I heard Masevski, the composer of the song "Dancing through life" and "Love will lead our way", said that: "we did everything right, we just have no luck". It's more than luck. You have to pay the juries in order to do well in both contests. And second, you are not Australia. The jury results, pretty terrible (with Ireland and Cyprus completely ignored), reflected this by putting Georgia first (I see that they are hovering this junior contest, as they are constantly in the top3) and if that wasn't a wtf moment, then I dunno what is. The online voting in the last 15 minutes was a disaster. The web-site was down most of the time and it allowed space for manipulation (I mean it's not sms, it's easier to shuffle a poll).
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

  5. Legend
    Slovenia
    EscGeek's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,317
    Location
    Milky Way
    #295

    Re: JESC 2017

    out of last 7 macedonian junior eurovision appearances, they have finished 12th 6 times
    The ting goes skibidi papa

  6. Guru
    Japan
    EscTurkey's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    899
    #296

    Re: JESC 2017

    I was in the arena, poor Muireann from Ireland was crying halfway through the voting.
    Got so sad seeing a child like that.

  7. Guru
    Japan
    EscTurkey's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    899
    #297

    Re: JESC 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by aletem View Post
    I really think suffers from a Stockholm Syndrome. If by now, with yet again 12th place, didn't ring a bell about the contests, then it never will. And I heard Masevski, the composer of the song "Dancing through life" and "Love will lead our way", said that: "we did everything right, we just have no luck". It's more than luck. You have to pay the juries in order to do well in both contests. And second, you are not Australia. The jury results, pretty terrible (with Ireland and Cyprus completely ignored), reflected this by putting Georgia first (I see that they are hovering this junior contest, as they are constantly in the top3) and if that wasn't a wtf moment, then I dunno what is. The online voting in the last 15 minutes was a disaster. The web-site was down most of the time and it allowed space for manipulation (I mean it's not sms, it's easier to shuffle a poll).
    Only one word: Staging

    That's what they're missing.

    The green effect in her performance looked too cheap.

    All the time I was like "omg I hope it's nothing but just the screen in the arena is lagged and this is not how it actually looks on TV, there's no way they intended to make it look this way."

    In general they are trying hard to make their entries look cheap with wrong staging.

  8. Veteran
    Canada
    aletem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,554
    Location
    Canada
    #298

    Re: JESC 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by EscTurkey View Post
    Only one word: Staging

    That's what they're missing.

    The green effect in her performance looked too cheap.

    All the time I was like "omg I hope it's nothing but just the screen in the arena is lagged and this is not how it actually looks on TV, there's no way they intended to make it look this way."

    In general they are trying hard to make their entries look cheap with wrong staging.
    There was nothing wrong with the staging. It's just people getting used to say the same thing over and over and over again. It had a nice background, she sang well (on both occasions) and she had a nice and likable song. Nothing wrong with the staging of "Love will lead our way", "Za ljubovta", "Eo, eo"... Martina did really well back in 2004, with an ok song, great singing and not really any staging. And I didn't have any expectations and knew she would end like that undeservedly, because Martija last year ended 12th too. They will have to bribe broadcasters/juries if they want to secure points, otherwise I don't see the point of participating and people paying money to the corrupt EBU for fees and those money come from the people.

    We can argue that Russia had a cheap staging with furniture, Armenia's use of hoverboard (which was already seen), but that's a different story. It doesn't cut away the shitload of points they received from the jury.


    Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    out of last 7 macedonian junior eurovision appearances, they have finished 12th 6 times
    It's rather sad than funny. For some occasions perhaps deserved if the song really didn't click, but for other times it's just being underrated (especially last year and this year).
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

  9. Ninja
    Finland
    Joni's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,490
    Location
    Finland
    #299

    Re: JESC 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by EscTurkey View Post
    I was in the arena, poor Muireann from Ireland was crying halfway through the voting.
    Got so sad seeing a child like that.
    Really? That's awful, hate to hear that. She is such a lovely person. I don't know what went wrong, I expected Ireland to get their best result so far in JESC. Hopefully they will continue in the contest anyway.

  10. Ninja
    Brazil
    Alaska49's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    #300

    Re: JESC 2017

    ummmmmm did someone seriously imply cyprus should have gotten more points? i loved the song but the performance was the most obvious last place in the history of life

    also macedonia for the second year in a row did worse than they probably should have because they missed the target demographic of jesc AND yes, had poorer staging. that is absolutely a valid criticism and ignoring that over the outlandish claim of "other countries bribe juries" is naive at best.
    Likes  Stiven, Odalis liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:27.