By decades :
    50s : Rosemary Clooney - This Ole House
    60s : France Gall - Les Sucettes
    70s : ABBA - That's Me
    80s : Sue Wilkinson - You Gotta Be A Hustler If You Wanna Get On
    90s : Steps - Say You'll Be Mine
    00s : Sinead Quinn - I Can't Break Down
    10s : Anmary - Beautiful Song
    Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen your YVA strawberries.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA)

4. Junkie
    Portugal

Re: Favourite songs ever

My favorite song from Portugal !

FSC PortugalMonica Sintra Caviar <3
    WV Finland JONAS AND I - Savo's Song (feat. Marco Hietala) <3

5. Enthusiast
    United States

Here are a few faves of mine:

This is some truly moving stuff. The scene-sketching lyrics, the elaborate production, and the fabulous vocal performance make this one of the greatest ballads of all time.

I didn't actually grow up with An American Tail, but by God does the pop version of its signature ballad sweep me off my feet. The track is whimsical sentimentality at its very finest, with immaculate vocals and a fantastically developed song structure to realize every ounce of potential in an already powerful premise.

The more famous covers are good too, but it's only the original, performed by Prince protege Elisa Fiorillo, that knocks the ball 10,000 miles out of the park. Fiorillo's vocals are not only sugarier than gumdrops, they're also incredibly acrobatic, making the giddy excitement of this piece come out in full effect. The '80s synth production is also handled with razor-sharp precision, driven by infectious syncopated backups, as well as a grinding synth riff. I am a proud fan of bubblegum music, but this particular track is the reigning queen of bubbly pop for me.

This is an obscure track of the aishu eurobeat genre, sold primarily in Japan though recently made more available worldwide, too. A lot like "Somewhere Out There", this song is premised around undying hope in a clearly established atmosphere of hardship and isolation. This piece, however, works a bit differently because of its loaded, propulsive beat, filled with intricate percussion layers, '90s electric organs, and cooing synth strings, not to mention its minor progression. The mood is more nomadically melancholic, which really paints the song's somber atmosphere beautifully, and the lyrics are perfectly balanced between direct images such as "boulevard of broken dreams", "look into my eyes", and "if you got me on my knees", as well as simply, identifiable sentiments such as "the power in me is the power of dreams" and "all the world can't stop my lonely flight." This song first came out over two decades ago, but it never really achieved much attention due to its unfortunate lack of proper promotion. I would really love to see it find more of an audience because it's a really powerful song that excels in several ways at once to create a type of emotionally fueled dance song distinct from the type of club tracks people are more familiar with.

6. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by PopGeek View Post
    Here are a few faves of mine:

This is some truly moving stuff. The scene-sketching lyrics, the elaborate production, and the fabulous vocal performance make this one of the greatest ballads of all time.

I didn't actually grow up with An American Tail, but by God does the pop version of its signature ballad sweep me off my feet. The track is whimsical sentimentality at its very finest, with immaculate vocals and a fantastically developed song structure to realize every ounce of potential in an already powerful premise.

The more famous covers are good too, but it's only the original, performed by Prince protege Elisa Fiorillo, that knocks the ball 10,000 miles out of the park. Fiorillo's vocals are not only sugarier than gumdrops, they're also incredibly acrobatic, making the giddy excitement of this piece come out in full effect. The '80s synth production is also handled with razor-sharp precision, driven by infectious syncopated backups, as well as a grinding synth riff. I am a proud fan of bubblegum music, but this particular track is the reigning queen of bubbly pop for me.

This is an obscure track of the aishu eurobeat genre, sold primarily in Japan though recently made more available worldwide, too. A lot like "Somewhere Out There", this song is premised around undying hope in a clearly established atmosphere of hardship and isolation. This piece, however, works a bit differently because of its loaded, propulsive beat, filled with intricate percussion layers, '90s electric organs, and cooing synth strings, not to mention its minor progression. The mood is more nomadically melancholic, which really paints the song's somber atmosphere beautifully, and the lyrics are perfectly balanced between direct images such as "boulevard of broken dreams", "look into my eyes", and "if you got me on my knees", as well as simply, identifiable sentiments such as "the power in me is the power of dreams" and "all the world can't stop my lonely flight." This song first came out over two decades ago, but it never really achieved much attention due to its unfortunate lack of proper promotion. I would really love to see it find more of an audience because it's a really powerful song that excels in several ways at once to create a type of emotionally fueled dance song distinct from the type of club tracks people are more familiar with.
    Great Songs! How strange that I actually never heard of the artists (except Ronstadt) even though I grew up around that time! Maybe I heard Caroll before though ... can't remember. But she has a terrific voice. But then again I am just starting to find and love 80's Music that I didn't like back then (like a-ha).

7. Ninja
    Germany

I'm actually into rock/metal the most so some of my favourites are

Paradise Lost - One second
    Sonata Arctica - Replica, Full Moon, The end of this chapter
    Nightwish - Nemo, End of all hope
    The Gathering - Kevin's telescope
    Scorpions - Send me an angel
    Saybia - Day after tomorrow
    Smash into pieces - Merry go round, Friend like you
    The birthday masscre - Kill the lights
    Linkin Park - New divide

But since I grew up in the 80s, I'm still a lot into 80s music... big fan of the usual suspects like a-ha, Duran Duran, Roxette... lots of my favourite songs are of these bands.

One of my most favourites of all time is Ordinary World by Duran Duran and Silver blue by Roxette.

Some other favourites of mine (I'm an "all over the place" listener actually) -

Brian May - Too much love will kill you
    The Hollies - He ain't heavy he's my brother
    Wishful thinking - Hiroshima
    Shiny toy guns - Rainy monday
    Depeche Mode - Stripped
    Alphaville - Heaven on earth
    Kansas - Carry on my wayward son
    Levina - The current
    Maggie Reilly - Silver on the trees
    Tina Dico - Open wide, No time to sleep
    Til Tuesdays - Voices carry
    Andreas Bourani - Eisberg
    Laith Al Deen - Kleine Helden

[...]
    I feel the sun upon my skin
    And I am someone, I am someone

8. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    I'm actually into rock/metal the most so some of my favourites are

Paradise Lost - One second
    Sonata Arctica - Replica, Full Moon, The end of this chapter
    Nightwish - Nemo, End of all hope
    The Gathering - Kevin's telescope
    Scorpions - Send me an angel
    Saybia - Day after tomorrow
    Smash into pieces - Merry go round, Friend like you
    The birthday masscre - Kill the lights
    Linkin Park - New divide

But since I grew up in the 80s, I'm still a lot into 80s music... big fan of the usual suspects like a-ha, Duran Duran, Roxette... lots of my favourite songs are of these bands.

One of my most favourites of all time is Ordinary World by Duran Duran and Silver blue by Roxette.

Some other favourites of mine (I'm an "all over the place" listener actually) -

Brian May - Too much love will kill you
    The Hollies - He ain't heavy he's my brother
    Wishful thinking - Hiroshima
    Shiny toy guns - Rainy monday
    Depeche Mode - Stripped
    Alphaville - Heaven on earth
    Kansas - Carry on my wayward son
    Levina - The current
    Maggie Reilly - Silver on the trees
    Tina Dico - Open wide, No time to sleep
    Til Tuesdays - Voices carry
    Andreas Bourani - Eisberg
    Laith Al Deen - Kleine Helden

[...]
    Quite a few Things we have in common ... I am an 80's/90's kid, I love Metal/Hard Rock (but rather different bands than you) and 8o's Music ... gonna get to see a-ha live next week (for the first time actually) !

Some of my favorite Songs:

Mr. Big - Undertow
    White Lion - Hungry
    Megadeth - Omen
    Slayer - Angel of death
    Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose / Room a thousand years wide
    Audioslave - Be youself / Cochise
    Joe Satriani - Friends
    Aha - Dark is the night for all / Memorial Beach
    Queen - Friends will be friends

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12