Results 1,271 to 1,279 of 1279

Thread: UKRAINE 2017 - O.Torvald - Time

UKRAINE 2017 - O.Torvald - Time

Likes  yulichka, AlekS, Eurovisionified liked this post

2. Senior Member
    Portugal

Re: UKRAINE 2017 - O.Torvald - Time

Quote Originally Posted by jimijoop View Post
    I have the feeling Ukraine will have the simillar result of 2005.
    I think they will do much better, with the staging they had in the NF (but improved for ESC), being the only rock song and having an excellent draw (22 I think), I dare to say will be in top 10 or very close to that
    Likes  hugh liked this post

Sem fazer planos do que virá depois
    O meu coração pode amar pelos dois

3. Mentor
    Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by AlekS View Post
    Our #1 drag diva Monroe (btw she partied with Illaria 2 days ago) reviewed the 1st semi (in Russian):

She liked Portugal, Sweden & Montenegro.
    Bless Diva Monro always on point and with a bit of her own humor
    I have no time for games!

4. Junkie
    United States

I saw a picture on instagram of O.Torvald with The Maneken? Is the latter helping with the ESC staging/performance?

5. Guru
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWest View Post
    I think they will do much better, with the staging they had in the NF (but improved for ESC), being the only rock song and having an excellent draw (22 I think), I dare to say will be in top 10 or very close to that
    I agree, Ukraine ALWAYS brings it in Eurovision when it comes to staging and I can see this do quite well in the final.
    12 Iceland, 10 Bulgaria, 8 Portugal

6. Legend
    Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKnows View Post
    I saw a picture on instagram of O.Torvald with The Maneken? Is the latter helping with the ESC staging/performance?
    Nope. They are rehearsing for tomorrow's concert.

7. Expert
    France

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWest View Post
    I definitely can't imagine the song outside a top 10 ! That's impossible ! And even more with Russia out ! It will blow it all in the final. That kind of song is always seen as a mess by Eurofans and does well at the end. Like 2011 for instance, which was seen as a sure non qualifier by Eurofans !

8. Legend
    Ukraine

Tetyana Terekhova and Andriy Gorodys'kyi will be our commentators this year:

9. Legend
    Ukraine

O.Torvald vocalist became a father
    Likes  ZoboCamel, Mykola, Stiven liked this post

10. Senior Member
    Sweden

WHOA!!! The Ukrainians are not satisfied yet, they are reaching for yet another win!!

"Time" is basically Jason Statham doing rock music instead of acting. He is running out of time, just short of three minutes and is on a mission to make an impact, to convey a message before the timer runs out. He starts the highly unorthodox way by calmly telling us to slow down. It's the gaze of a tired fighter. The war is over, he is running out of time, but he has no intention of panicking. He is content at taking his time to get his message across. Because time matter more to him if he can save the time of others.

Time is the most important currency, because it's limited. You can chose to rush through it (compress it) or leave it for you to float. The "Jason Statham of Ukraine", Mr. Torvald, chose the latter. His time is as important as yours, because all of us can see that timer quickly ticking down - at the same time. We're not immune, we are facing it together. It's both an invincible and invisible barrier.

Just listen, take a look around
    Stop missing the things you haven’t found
    You will realise there’s no common ground
    There’s no compromise between the time and sound

You can't fool time. You can rush it and compress it and try to fight it, but it won't help you. Will it matter if you run out of time quicker than expected? Because your obligations told you to run marathon with it. He's not telling us to stop the time, nor is he saying that we shouldn't do the best of our time. He is saying that, for once in a while, the better alternative is to not participate in the marathon, but rather watch it from the bench. Just once. A break, not from time, but for the surroundings in which time dictates. Because you don't have to worry, time will never leave you behind.

Do you want to die on the battlefield or in a hospital bed? A soldier is stranded, he has nowhere to go, his house is not there anymore, it was razed by bombers. Everyone is dead or wounded. Torvald laments, it's time to stop fighting. Because if we stop fighting, the clock will still continue it's race to zero, but we will be there to spectate it. It's a weeping cry from a man lost in time, but he knows what's important for him and he's still alive. We lie to ourselfs but, again, it's not helping any of us. You can't fool mathematics, you can't fool death. You can't fool reality and you can't fool time. Instead, it's time to embrace it. Stop and take a look around. It's a realization by a man who had lost everything except his life.

It's a brilliant piece of record and I'm astonished of how it ended up here, in Eurovision Song Contest.