View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll

43 20.48%

20 9.52%

20 9.52%

17 8.10%

23 10.95%

19 9.05%

13 6.19%

14 6.67%

13 6.19%

13 6.19%

15 7.14%
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: THE NETHERLANDS 2017 - O'G3NE - Lights and Shadows

THE NETHERLANDS 2017 - O'G3NE - Lights and Shadows

2. Senior Member
    Netherlands

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2017 - O'G3NE - Lights and Shadows

I have never been or will ever be a "fan" of O'g3ne, their style and in particular this song.
    But I do have to admit they have done a terrific job, where they elevated a mediocre song with solid staging and amazing vocals.
    Unlike my predictions early in the Year they have prevented another "Trijntje" incident and actually realized it took more then just a good voice to reach the finals.
    My countries qualification is well deserved and if they are lucky, they might even do better than Douwe Bob (top 10)
    Likes  BMX, evija87 liked this post

2017: 1. Italy 2. Bulgaria 3. Finland 4. Belgium 5. Azerbaijan 6. Latvia 7. France 8. Iceland 9. Belarus 10. Austria

3. Hero
    Germany

Congratulations for the final! But tbh after the performance I got a little worried. They were quite tense and the harmonies were not so crystal-clean as usual. They were pushing it a bit hard. And I still think they could do with a little more visual support. But hey, they made it anyway and can now relax, good hunting for the top ten!
    Likes  BMX liked this post

I voted for them several times today and couldn't be happier that they've qualified for the final. Here's to hoping for a great result on Saturday!
    Likes  BMX, wd12 liked this post

5. Super Moderator
    Spain

LOL it really looks like they are stealing clothes from the shop in the postcard

Likes  DanielLuis, JonnyWest, vincentw liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

6. Professor Goodfeels
    UK

Performance of the night. These girls delivered it, and then some! It was amazing. An extremely strong and touching performance. I'm not super crazy for the composition itself, but i'm fond of these girls, the message of the song and their conviction in delivering it. It's a beautiful tribute to their mother, and I think this song will give other people strength who are going through the same unthinkably difficult thing the song is sadly inspired by. These girls are strong. Good luck in the final The Netherlands
    Likes  BMX liked this post

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

7. Legend
    Germany

Allthough I´m not a fan of this song I must say, that they did a great job.

8. Expert
    France

Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Normally I agree with you on so many topics but now I feel huge hate towards our entry coming from you and it makes me sad .

I'm so happy we qualified! OG3NE really deserved their place in the final and am so proud of them, regardless which result they'll achieve in the final. At first I wasn't really convinced about OG3NE going to Kyiv, and not really fond of Lights and Shadows as well but when you've seen this girls on television and their story with their ill mom I couldn't help but tear up at their performance tonight. It's such a personal song. They've been doing this whole contest so professionally and I can't imagine how their mom must feel back at home, beaming at her girls.
    To be honest, I didn't assume that it would get through according to some people around there. Moreover, I'm totally respectful towards everybody, who are posting on this forum, as they are able to have their own state of mind.

Anyway, though I thought that their performance was absolutely dreadful, I wish the Netherlands the best of luck on Saturday.
    Likes  0scar liked this post

'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

Quote Originally Posted by ES2011 View Post
    But I do have to admit they have done a terrific job, where they elevated a mediocre song with solid staging and amazing vocals.
    I completely disagree over the mediocre comment, it's well above what Eurovision normally gives.

Some just don't seem to think the style is hip, but the song is good.

10. Junior Member
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    To be honest, I didn't assume that it would get through according to some people around there. Moreover, I'm totally respectful towards everybody, who are posting on this forum, as they are able to have their own state of mind.

Anyway, though I thought that their performance was absolutely dreadful, I wish the Netherlands the best of luck on Saturday.
    See, you might not like the song or the girls themselves (I'm not so crazy about the song either), but that performance was anything but dreadful.

11. Ninja
    France

I wished they had a better song they would have DESTROYED the contest. should really bring them back in a future
    Likes  Dannigianni, BMX liked this post