View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12

    56 18.48%
  • 10

    27 8.91%
  • 8

    41 13.53%
  • 7

    25 8.25%
  • 6

    20 6.60%
  • 5

    25 8.25%
  • 4

    12 3.96%
  • 3

    19 6.27%
  • 2

    11 3.63%
  • 1

    10 3.30%
  • 0

    57 18.81%
Page 405 of 405 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4050

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

  1. Administrator escYOUnited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,077
    #1

    SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On




  2. Senior Member musicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    676
    #4041

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    Two different situations.

    Salvador winning hasn't necessarily something to do with many people in Europe liking Jazz. People who voted for him just felt they had to do in that moment, less because they like Jazz so much but it's rather about making a statement. Jamalas win was of policital reasons, Conchitas of social and Salvadors of "hey, let's do something different, that's cool!".

    But for me, the real winners are the songs that are remembered by the fans even for decades. Not so much in respect of radio success or entering worldwide charts (because what Eurovision bands have ever been huge success commercially except for Abba, France Gall, Johnny Logan, Celine Dion or Brotherhood of Man and a few else) - I'm rather talking about the songs that are played regularly by fans, in their playlists.

    Sometimes, a song is a winner AND a successful fan favourite. Loreen is probably to be listed here, also Mans and some others. Mostly these are songs that are happy, light, radio friendly pop because they appeal to the majority of people. So I think in May 2018, a Robin Bengtsson (as we are in his thread) has been played a lot more throughout the year than a Salvador.

    I just don't take winners too seriously who won because of certain circumstances. For example, I didn't like Loreen much nor her song and she is among my worst winners, but I can clearly see and accept why she won and why this song is still a huge success within the Eurovision fans' club. I can't see this in case of Salvador, but hey, that is what Europe wanted. I don't think he will be remembered as much as a Loreen or even a Robin Bengtsson!

    Just my opinion.
    All winners are by their nature a consensus choice and so middle of the road in some way. People like to think there's some agreement and that they can safely talk of winners as being classics and can even get upset if someone challenges that. But most of my favourite Eurovision songs never won and even finished last in some instances. The reasons a song does very well can be about factors such as whether someone is thought to look cool or have a hip sound as much as anything else. And factors like that can be very of the moment and not necessarily lasting.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post
     

  3. Active Member
    Sweden
    ESCKerli's Avatar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90
    #4042

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
    Well it was the song in this year's contests that charted in the most countries both before and after the final. Not just former colonies.
    Which it deserved. It charted in many countries outside of Europe like Kazakhstan etc. But I wouldn't take pride in a French song charting in Mali or Cameroon since the reason behind it isn't exactly ideal.

  4. Enthusiast
    Germany
    Realest's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    239
    #4043

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    I still wonder how Loreen would have done, but unfortunately Robins, Wiktorias, Nanos, Mariettes etc. Fans did together vote for Anton not to support him but to prevent Loreen from winning the International Juryvoting in the Final in a landslide.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post
     

  5. Senior Member
    Netherlands
    0scar's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    469
    Location
    Utrecht
    #4044

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I still wonder how Loreen would have done, but unfortunately Robins, Wiktorias, Nanos, Mariettes etc. Fans did together vote for Anton not to support him but to prevent Loreen from winning the International Juryvoting in the Final in a landslide.
    Yeah sure and that's why Loreen didn't even go direkt till final in the first place.. pretty convincing
    Likes  randajad, tuorem liked this post
     

  6. Enthusiast
    Germany
    Realest's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    239
    #4045

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Yeah sure and that's why Loreen didn't even go direkt till final in the first place.. pretty convincing
    I dont say that Loreen would have won Televoting in the Final, but the Juryvoting. But in the Final you could see that noone was interested in Anton, they only wanted to have Loreen out in time. Thats Swedens Problem with the 1 vs 1 in the AC. If User just could pick 4 of 8 then Antivoting wasnt Possible.

    And in the Eurovision i think Loreen would get more than only 126 Points. Whole Europe wanted Loreen except Sweden.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post
     

  7. Senior Member
    Netherlands
    0scar's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    469
    Location
    Utrecht
    #4046

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I dont say that Loreen would have won Televoting in the Final, but the Juryvoting. But in the Final you could see that noone was interested in Anton, they only wanted to have Loreen out in time. Thats Swedens Problem with the 1 vs 1 in the AC. If User just could pick 4 of 8 then Antivoting wasnt Possible.

    And in the Eurovision i think Loreen would get more than only 126 Points. Whole Europe wanted Loreen except Sweden.
    My point isn't that Loreen didn't win the televoting, my point is that you claim that people only voted for Anton because they wanted Loreen out, which is just a claim based on nothing but speculation and own opinion. Anton became 6th out of 12 in the final with the televote, pretty good for someone coming out of AC. Apparently people actually DID like Anton's song. It's far more realistic to assume that Loreen was beaten by Anton because the Swedish did prefer his song over Loreen's.

    It doesn't really matter that whole Europe wanted Loreen except for Sweden because it was the SWEDISH ENTRY and they should send whatever they want and not whatever Europe wants. Besides that we will never know how Loreen would have done at Eurovision because she simply wasn't there.

  8. Active Member
    Sweden
    ESCKerli's Avatar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90
    #4047

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Anton became 6th out of 12 in the final with the televote, pretty good for someone coming out of AC. Apparently people actually DID like Anton's song. It's far more realistic to assume that Loreen was beaten by Anton because the Swedish did prefer his song over Loreen's. hx
    Anton came 6th in the final because his girlfriend, Wilma, happens to be a well-known youtuber here in Sweden. Of course her 410k followers are gonna vote for him. Not to mention that Loreen didn't exactly get very good news coverage beforehand. The performance was seen as disrespectful because the woman hitting Loreen with the handbag was supposed to ressemble a mentally ill woman who received lots of death threats after hitting a neo-nazi in the head with her bag during a demonstration in the 80's. She had to go under hiding for a long time and didn't feel comfortable with the picture taken of her. The woman later committed suicide and her son spoke out in the media about how disrespectful it was that Loreen was using it despite the critisism she's gotten. Not to mention that the apps made it easier for teenage girls to vote free for multiple "cute acts" like The FO&O *shudders* and Anton Hagman.
    Likes  Realest, LalehForWD liked this post
     

  9. Senior Member
    Netherlands
    0scar's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    469
    Location
    Utrecht
    #4048

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCKerli View Post
    Anton came 6th in the final because his girlfriend, Wilma, happens to be a well-known youtuber here in Sweden. Of course her 410k followers are gonna vote for him. Not to mention that Loreen didn't exactly get very good news coverage beforehand. The performance was seen as disrespectful because the woman hitting Loreen with the handbag was supposed to ressemble a mentally ill woman who received lots of death threats after hitting a neo-nazi in the head with her bag during a demonstration in the 80's. She had to go under hiding for a long time and didn't feel comfortable with the picture taken of her. The woman later committed suicide and her son spoke out in the media about how disrespectful it was that Loreen was using it despite the critisism she's gotten. Not to mention that the apps made it easier for teenage girls to vote free for multiple "cute acts" like The FO&O *shudders* and Anton Hagman.
    Well, I didn't know about Anton's girlfriend being a youtuber in Sweden, and despite I think not all of her followers did actually vote for him, it certainly helped him get through. Loreen's use of the woman with the bag in her performance was her own choice and it hurt her chances, she didn't change it after all the critisism she's got.. you can't blame Anton for that. I just think it's so easy to blame others for Loreen's failure.

    The app voting is ridiculous and it shouldn't be part of Melodifestivalen, I agree on that.

  10. Active Member
    Sweden
    ESCKerli's Avatar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90
    #4049

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Well, I didn't know about Anton's girlfriend being a youtuber in Sweden, and despite I think not all of her followers did actually vote for him, it certainly helped him get through.
    If youtuber Joakim Lundell's 10 year old fanbase could get him #1 in top 50 viral in Sweden for his ghost-written song called "All I Need", then Anton Hagman and his girlfriend being youtubers could help him get his 6th position in the final. Believe me, there's a reason why him and FO&O qualified to the final, and it's not because Swedish people think they're talented or loved their performances




  11. Senior Member
    Netherlands
    0scar's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    469
    Location
    Utrecht
    #4050

    Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCKerli View Post
    If youtuber Joakim Lundell's 10-year old fanbase could get him #1 in top 50 viral in Sweden for his ghost-written song called "All I Need", then Anton Hagman and his girlfriend being youtubers could help him get his 6th position in the final.
    Okay, I didn't really deny that but it has no point discussing that there might be a chance that there's actually noone else to blame for Loreen's failure if you already decided that there is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2009-2016 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:38.