View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.57%

28 9.12%

42 13.68%

25 8.14%

20 6.51%

26 8.47%

12 3.91%

18 5.86%

11 3.58%

10 3.26%

58 18.89%
Page 404 of 406 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4056

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Active Member
    Portugal

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    I didn´t look on ESCtracker very much during those summers 2014 and 2015 but these two disappeared rather quickly, the only act that has still been in many countries Itunes charts despite it´s gone 5 years is Euphoria, and the only song from last year that charted well almost whole summer last year were "If i were sorry"

So it´s more common that the songs disappears from Itunes after a month or so, but we have to wait and see if that will happen to Salvador too or if he is still there doing good at the end of the Summer
    Salvador song will disapear even faster than last years I believe... it's not a genre that get much airplay this days.
    I had that feeling about Euphoria... I think it's the only true memorable winner since the turn of the century.

3. Veteran
    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    Volare (which is not even it's name haha) is famous worldwide, not only in it's home region.

Waterloo is also very famous. But all the other winners have been mostly forgotten.. maybe Puppet on a String, What's Another Year and, recently, Euphoria might be recognizable.
    Volare, Non Ho L'Età, Poupée de cire poupée de son, Zwei Kleine Italiener , Puppet on a String, Congratulations,
    Apres Toi, Eres Tu, Waterloo, Save Your Kisses For Me, Ah-Bah-Nee-Bee, Hallelujah, Dschinghis Khan, Papa pingouin,
    What's Another Year, Johnny Blue,Hold me now, Nocturne, Diva, Euphoria, Lane Moje etc.

4. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by GRE View Post
    Volare, Non Ho L'Età, Poupée de cire poupée de son, Zwei Kleine Italiener , Puppet on a String, Congratulations,
    Apres Toi, Eres Tu, Waterloo, Save Your Kisses For Me, Ah-Bah-Nee-Bee, Hallelujah, Dschinghis Khan, Papa pingouin,
    What's Another Year, Johnny Blue,Hold me now, Nocturne, Diva, Euphoria, Lane Moje etc.
    Eurovision fans know those songs, the regular person will not. Ask the regular, 30 year old person about those songs.

5. Ninja
    Brazil

this debate is kind of useless? certain eurovision songs being more remembered than others don't make them more representative of How Europe Really Feels About Music? nobody outside the bubble remembers ne partez pas sans moi, but would we dare to say celine dion is forgotten?

also, if eurovision winners drop out of charts after the show it's because winning eurovision doesn't always mean the industry will think it's worth it to keep offering them to the masses. i don't agree with salvador's speech because his choice of words and attitude was poor, but @RainyWoods is basically entirely right about how the music industry works. (which is not always in their best interest, actually - if portuguese jazz just made people spend money to see it win, probably there's a money-making opportunity they aren't seizing here. it would just be good business sense to give it a shot. there is no reason why creativity and capitalism can't work together.)
    Likes  RainyWoods, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

6. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    certain eurovision songs being more remembered than others don't make them more representative of How Europe Really Feels About Music?
    Two different situations.

Salvador winning hasn't necessarily something to do with many people in Europe liking Jazz. People who voted for him just felt they had to do in that moment, less because they like Jazz so much but it's rather about making a statement. Jamalas win was of policital reasons, Conchitas of social and Salvadors of "hey, let's do something different, that's cool!".

But for me, the real winners are the songs that are remembered by the fans even for decades. Not so much in respect of radio success or entering worldwide charts (because what Eurovision bands have ever been huge success commercially except for Abba, France Gall, Johnny Logan, Celine Dion or Brotherhood of Man and a few else) - I'm rather talking about the songs that are played regularly by fans, in their playlists.

Sometimes, a song is a winner AND a successful fan favourite. Loreen is probably to be listed here, also Mans and some others. Mostly these are songs that are happy, light, radio friendly pop because they appeal to the majority of people. So I think in May 2018, a Robin Bengtsson (as we are in his thread) has been played a lot more throughout the year than a Salvador.

I just don't take winners too seriously who won because of certain circumstances. For example, I didn't like Loreen much nor her song and she is among my worst winners, but I can clearly see and accept why she won and why this song is still a huge success within the Eurovision fans' club. I can't see this in case of Salvador, but hey, that is what Europe wanted. I don't think he will be remembered as much as a Loreen or even a Robin Bengtsson!

Just my opinion.
    I’m not afraid to grow old
    If I have your hand to hold

7. Active Member
    Portugal

http://mag.sapo.pt/tv/atualidade-tv/...-nao-e-o-unico

I'm sorry, this piece of news is in portuguese. But it says that not only Jimmy Fallon wants to interview Salvador, the royal family of Sweden also wants to meet him

8. Enthusiast
    Sweden

Robin deserved to flop like Bergendahl. He seems so arrogant.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

9. Enthusiast
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    A piece of Portuguese jazz is now charting (top 10 in many cases) in countries around Europe.
    Charting in former colonized countries like Angola and Mozambique is honestly really nothing to be proud of.

10. Junkie
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post

But for me, the real winners are the songs that are remembered by the fans even for decades.

Who is a fan who cannot remember the winners? I remember all winners since I was a little boy. And I know the rest of course as well.
    The most emotional winners of all time
    2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

11. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by ESCKerli View Post
    Charting in former colonized countries like Angola and Mozambique is honestly really nothing to be proud of.
    Well it was the song in this year's contests that charted in the most countries both before and after the final. Not just former colonies.
    Likes  lavieenrose, 94ayd, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden