View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.57%

28 9.12%

42 13.68%

25 8.14%

20 6.51%

26 8.47%

12 3.91%

18 5.86%

11 3.58%

10 3.26%

58 18.89%
Page 403 of 406 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4056

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Senior Member
    Netherlands

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    No, people consume what radios choose to play to them. "This is what you will like and will listen to because we're being payed to play it to you". A song like "Amar Pelos Dois" was just presented to Europe and it won the contest, setting a new all time record. Would you ever hear a song like this on the radio, even though there are artists making music like this today? The answer is no. The music industry is a cold hearted machine.
    I've just jumped on this thread so fairly late but this is honestly utter nonsense, excuse me. Radio stations and the music industry works with a supply and demand principle. A song like Amar Pelos Dois might won the contest, but since when does winning ESC reflect the general music taste in Europe? Artists everywhere are making ALL kinds of music today, and there's a market for every kind of music, but it might not be the general taste, and it is that general music taste that is played on mainstream radio stations. Song that are liked by the majority of the people.

Stating that people consume music just because radios choose to play those to them is so defensive of Salvador's winner speech and a bit out of reality.

All kinds of music deserve existing, all kinds of music deserve a market, and all kinds of music are consumed by those who like it. There is no superior music taste, genre or kind.
    Likes  Pawhlen, randajad liked this post

Personal winners 18: | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

3. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    I've just jumped on this thread so fairly late but this is honestly utter nonsense, excuse me. Radio stations and the music industry works with a supply and demand principle. A song like Amar Pelos Dois might won the contest, but since when does winning ESC reflect the general music taste in Europe? Artists everywhere are making ALL kinds of music today, and there's a market for every kind of music, but it might not be the general taste, and it is that general music taste that is played on mainstream radio stations. Song that are liked by the majority of the people.

Stating that people consume music just because radios choose to play those to them is so defensive of Salvador's winner speech and a bit out of reality.

All kinds of music deserve existing, all kinds of music deserve a market, and all kinds of music are consumed by those who like it. There is no superior music taste, genre or kind.
    The general music taste to a very large extent is controlled by major labels and radio. When you're paying hundreds of thousands (millions) to have your tracks played, that's what's called controlling. I've read countless articles and essays on the subject over the years, of how songs are promoted and become popular. Payola is a very real thing in the music industry, where bigwigs pay a lot of dough, essentially shaping what's being delivered your way. It doesn't mean people don't like what is being played, but good luck if you're not with these people having your music heard by the general public.

Winning ESC says there's a whole continent of people that heard something that was different to what their ears perhaps were used to hearing, and fell in love with it. I've read so many people who said they were shocked they ended up liking a song like "Amar Pelos Dois". There is room for everything. A lot of people will only listen to what they're supplied with, and people shouldn't have to dig themselves to hear different kinds of music.

"Since when does winning ESC reflect the general music taste in Europe" Since whenever we used popularity to decide what is general taste. Considering a jazz song just won the biggest music contest in the world, setting an all time record, i'd say that people generally enjoy it, otherwise they wouldn't have voted for it, using their real money.

I stand by every word I said because it's true. The music industry is a big controlling machine. It's all about who has the money for promotion, and to get their tracks played. It's about what label you're attached to. I could go further into this but I won't. I've made my point. You're only ever given the chance to like what they (major labels) want you to hear, unless you adventure yourself. It's a fact. You can lock a cow in a barn and feed him silage all his life, when there's a field of grass growing outside. He may like that silage, but perhaps he'd like the grass more, but he'll never know if he's not let out to try it.
    Likes  Schlagerman1, tuorem, Lola13 liked this post

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

4. Senior Member
    Germany

Considering a jazz song just won the biggest music contest in the world, setting an all time record, i'd say that people generally enjoy it, otherwise they wouldn't have voted for it, using their real money.
    I don't think this is a reason. People tend to vote for the crazy and extraordinary. Ask all of the voters next year who of them listened to Portugal on a daily or weekly basis and probably most of them won't.
    I’m not afraid to grow old
    If I have your hand to hold

5. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    I don't think this is a reason. People tend to vote for the crazy and extraordinary. Ask all of the voters next year who of them listened to Portugal on a daily or weekly basis and probably most of them won't.
    But they enjoyed it in that moment, so why wouldn't they enjoy it again, or not enjoy other similar things if they were offered? I get you on the crazy part, but this wasn't Verka winning. It was a stripped back song that for three minutes was about nothing more than what you were hearing and the emotional connection you had with it. A piece of Portuguese jazz is now charting (top 10 in many cases) in countries around Europe. They voted for it. They've been exposed to jazz, and they're now buying it.
    Likes  Lola13, lavieenrose liked this post

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

6. Active Member
    Portugal

just like most people don't listen to Jamala, or Alexander Rybak, or Lordi, or Sertab Erener, or Diva International, or Secret Garden or any other artists before or after them or in between. The only winners who can claim a lot of airplay are Abba and Celine Dion. Most people can't even remember the name of who won two years ago...

7. Senior Member
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    just like most people don't listen to Jamala, or Alexander Rybak, or Lordi, or Sertab Erener, or Diva International, or Secret Garden or any other artists before or after them or in between. The only winners who can claim a lot of airplay are Abba and Celine Dion. Most people can't even remember the name of who won two years ago...
    Ironically, the entries with the longest lasting appeal in Eurovision history are songs that ended up top 3 which got hugely popular in their home-regions.

Two of them are...

8. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFailurez View Post
    Ironically, the entries with the longest lasting appeal in Eurovision history are songs that ended up top 3 which got hugely popular in their home-regions.

Two of them are...
    Volare (which is not even it's name haha) is famous worldwide, not only in it's home region.

Waterloo is also very famous. But all the other winners have been mostly forgotten.. maybe Puppet on a String, What's Another Year and, recently, Euphoria might be recognizable.

9. Mentor
    Sweden

But they enjoyed it in that moment, so why wouldn't they enjoy it again, or not enjoy other similar things if they were offered? I get you on the crazy part, but this wasn't Verka winning. It was a stripped back song that for three minutes was about nothing more than what you were hearing and the emotional connection you had with it. A piece of Portuguese jazz is now charting (top 10 in many cases) in countries around Europe. They voted for it. They've been exposed to jazz, and they're now buying it.
    Jamala did chart very well some weeks after ESC (which is quite normal every winner in ESC does short after winning). But after 1 month, she disappeared from the Itunes charts, so let´s wait and see if Salvador is still charting at the end of June and in the first week of July, then we will see if the "casual" still remember it

Why do we have this discussion in the Swedish thread, it would be better having it in the portuguese one

10. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    Jamala did chart very well some weeks after ESC (which is quite normal every winner in ESC does short after winning). But after 1 month, she disappeared from the Itunes charts, so let´s wait and see if Salvador is still charting at the end of June and in the first week of July, then we will see if the "casual" still remember it

Why do we have this discussion in the Swedish thread, it would be better having it in the portuguese one
    What about the swedish winner from 2015? or Conchita in 2014? Were they still charting in July? I tried to look for information about it, but I don't know where to look for lol

11. Mentor
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    What about the swedish winner from 2015? or Conchita in 2014? Were they still charting in July? I tried to look for information about it, but I don't know where to look for lol
    I didn´t look on ESCtracker very much during those summers 2014 and 2015 but these two disappeared rather quickly, the only act that has still been in many countries Itunes charts despite it´s gone 5 years is Euphoria, and the only song from last year that charted well almost whole summer last year were "If i were sorry"

So it´s more common that the songs disappears from Itunes after a month or so, but we have to wait and see if that will happen to Salvador too or if he is still there doing good at the end of the Summer