View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.57%

28 9.12%

42 13.68%

25 8.14%

20 6.51%

26 8.47%

12 3.91%

18 5.86%

11 3.58%

10 3.26%

58 18.89%
Page 402 of 406 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4056

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Scandipop is a form of industry rather than art. Because art at least for me means to craft something original with creativity and the use of imagination.

Scandipop is a sellout version of the art of music, because it is not meant to express anything, but only to impress for the $$$$.

But I get the "life saving" argument. Once I have read, that the Nordics sing and dance for their lives, as winters are too desperate, cold and terrifying up there. But then again, I would expect more genuity than what is delivered to the charts and Eurovision.
    I think he wasn't talking exclusively about Eurovision but more about the mainstream music industry as a whole. It strikes me as strange that one would minimalize an artist's work like that: something doesn't have to be old school or about deep thoughts/feelings in life to reach out to people

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeterGriffin View Post
    This manufactured artist come across as a sore loser. Not Salvador's fault that songs in the industry nowadays sounds exactly the same without any kind of depth. It is disposable because no one will remember this and other entries in a few months yet Salvador's song will be forever remembered because it actually means something and it truly felt raw and authentic and not just a circus that we get used to see. And i'm sorry to say but this swedish generic formula is one of the main reasons why Eurovision can't be credible. He spoke in general and Robin just got offended for no reason at all. If the shoe fits...
    Salvador's speech was a wake up call to change perspectives about music and be more open-minded.
    To be fair, are you stating you have never heard anything alike Amar Pelois Dois? I think it's a great entry that truly deserved winning, but it isn't that ground breaking more than it is different from the time we live in. How on earth is Salvador's speech going to change perspectives about music? People have always consumed the kind of music they like and that's how it's going to be in the future as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    funny how things come back to bite you in the ass
    Likes  randajad, Preuss, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

3. Ninja
    Brazil

i mean, if you don't agree with robin's point it's one thing but to assume he said what he said because he's just salty and butthurt over not winning (which precisely 0 people thought he would)? his post was very respectful of salvador and his victory. please redirect your annoying fanboyish criticism to alex florea.

with that said, also precisely 0 people are "jealous of sweden's success". mainly because most people root for entries and not for flags.

4. Expert
    France

I still don't even get why Robin did actually better than and .
    However, I do agree with some people there, who admitted that was used to being overrated most of the time at the ESC, though I reckon that its scoring was totally deserved in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
    Nonetheless, what did happen with Sweden this year is far from being as worse as what occured with Australia imo.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčkov

5. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by FilipFromSweden View Post
    To be fair, are you stating you have never heard anything alike Amar Pelois Dois? I think it's a great entry that truly deserved winning, but it isn't that ground breaking more than it is different from the time we live in. How on earth is Salvador's speech going to change perspectives about music? People have always consumed the kind of music they like and that's how it's going to be in the future as well.
    No, people consume what radios choose to play to them. "This is what you will like and will listen to because we're being payed to play it to you". A song like "Amar Pelos Dois" was just presented to Europe and it won the contest, setting a new all time record. Would you ever hear a song like this on the radio, even though there are artists making music like this today? The answer is no. The music industry is a cold hearted machine.

As for what Robin said, it's completely fine! My respect levels have gone up. He didn't like (was possibly offended) by the speech Salvador made, and he respectfully spoke about it. What Alex said on the other hand was absolutely gutter levels of despicable.
    Likes  EuroEccentric, joao, Kairit liked this post

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

6. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    No, people consume what radios choose to play to them.
    Explain YouTube views, a place in which one actively searches up the music he/she desires. That kind of logic would make it seem like Salvador was saying that radio stations only pick out songs without soul or meaning as if that was what their listeners would like. And besides, do you honestly think people would start consuming opera or punk music just because the most mainstream radio stations started playing it?

What did Alex say? Which Alex are we talking about?
    Likes  randajad, 0scar liked this post

7. Mentor
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by FilipFromSweden View Post
    Explain YouTube views, a place in which one actively searches up the music he/she desires. That kind of logic would make it seem like Salvador was saying that radio stations only pick out songs without soul or meaning as if that was what their listeners would like. And besides, do you honestly think people would start consuming opera or punk music just because the most mainstream radio stations started playing it?

What did Alex say? Which Alex are we talking about?
    The Romanian artist and this that he said during a TV-show in Romania after they came home - http://wiwibloggs.com/2017/05/18/rom...atrics/189955/

8. Veteran
    Sweden

Did anyone expect a smarter answer from him?
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

9. Expert
    France

I didn't expect Alex to be so rude towards Salvador, who truly deserved to win it.

Let's get back to the core of the previous pages, as I do assume that "Sirpeter" is absolutely right in regards to the current music industry and the songs, which are strongly related to it. They're usually bland, got the same annoying beats throughout them, providing the same vibes.
    I genuinely can't make the difference between two popular and well-known songs from a famous music label from either the U.S.A or the European countries.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčkov

10. Addict
    Croatia

Well, both of them (Robin and Alex) recognised themselves in Salvadors words. He did not point on them at all.
    All they want is spotlight on them. If you ask me, that is so pathetic!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you try to abuse the privilege.

11. Active Member
    Turkey

His shade towards Salvador's "fast food music" comment was the best thing about him. His song is overrated af, but at least he spoke the truth and had some balls to make a comment about belittling his work.

Also personally, i believe pop music can and is, changing the world. What world be like without pop culture and pop music, think of David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Madonna, Gaga... Even Salvador wouldn't want to live in such a bland world
    Likes  randajad, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post