View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.51%

29 9.42%

42 13.64%

25 8.12%

20 6.49%

26 8.44%

12 3.90%

18 5.84%

11 3.57%

10 3.25%

58 18.83%
Page 366 of 407 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 4065

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Ninja
    Macedonia

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

Quote Originally Posted by FilipFromSweden View Post
    I have two problems with Melodifestivalen. The first one is the obvious filler songs: thousands of artists would love to put their best work up there and you chose Charlotte Perelli, Etzia, Allyawan and Sara Varga? It would be interesting to see SVT pick songs without knowing who the artists are, I think the quality would improve tremendously. I enjoy all kinds of music and in a regular semi-final I like perhaps 2-3 songs and I'm watching the biggest music competition in a land that is one of the biggest in the music industry...

My other problem is that SVT doesn't dare as much as they used to a couple of years before. I think this year they failed with adding something fresh and unexpected (like Yohio in 2013 or Jon-Henrik in 2015). To me it feels like Melodifestivalen it stuck in a way, it's become too predictable. The same goes for the comedy, this year was a trainwreck. I liked it best in 2012 when Helena Bergström impersonated several Melodifestivalen viewers
    I would honestly suggest a concept where they focus on like 6-7 genres and every semi final has to have a song of each of those.
    Make every semi have one rock song, one ballad, one pop song, one rap song an R&B song, song etc.
    That way you will have multiple different styles in the FINAL.
    Not every pop song will go DIREKT final nor EVERY rock song will do the same.
    That way we can get a more DIVERSE field of songs and a more interesting line-up for the final.
    Likes  SwedishFailurez liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Sweden

I'm starting to get a really good feeling about our song, i think it will do very very well!
    On YT the video from the official ESC account has over
    600 000 in only a few days and the reactions are way more positive than i ever could have thought.

Now i also have got the time to listen to all the songs, and I'm going to quote Wiktoria here...
    My oh my...
    This is not a good year and the so called favourite Italy, how can that be the hot favourite???

Before i listened to the songs i was happy with a top 5 result, now i almost demand it for
    I don't want win this year but i want a top 5.

Loreen would have won this quite easy though ...

4. Hero
    Austria

After being reduced to tears by the acustic version of Portugal's entry, I realize how ridiculous and tacky Robin Bengtsson's performance is. If the organisers were to pair Sweden and Portugal in the running order, the audience and viewers might feel the same and vote for Portugal. The contrast totally works in Portugal's favour, I think.
    Likes  bochan liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

5. Senior Member
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    After being reduced to tears by the acustic version of Portugal's entry, I realize how ridiculous and tacky Robin Bengtsson's performance is. If the organisers were to pair Sweden and Portugal in the running order, the audience and viewers might feel the same and vote for Portugal. The contrast totally works in Portugal's favour, I think.
    Portugals song is "beautiful" in some way, but this sounds like something we heard from ESC 1960, it is 2017 now.
    Likes  HatarWebbsidor liked this post

6. Ninja
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Swedenvision View Post
    Portugals song is "beautiful" in some way, but this sounds like something we heard from ESC 1960, it is 2017 now.
    Still It has SOUL and sounds EVERGREEN

While in Sweden

Likes  Lupus, bochan liked this post

7. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by FilipFromSweden View Post
    I have two problems with Melodifestivalen. The first one is the obvious filler songs: thousands of artists would love to put their best work up there and you chose Charlotte Perelli, Etzia, Allyawan and Sara Varga? It would be interesting to see SVT pick songs without knowing who the artists are, I think the quality would improve tremendously. I enjoy all kinds of music and in a regular semi-final I like perhaps 2-3 songs and I'm watching the biggest music competition in a land that is one of the biggest in the music industry...

My other problem is that SVT doesn't dare as much as they used to a couple of years before. I think this year they failed with adding something fresh and unexpected (like Yohio in 2013 or Jon-Henrik in 2015). To me it feels like Melodifestivalen it stuck in a way, it's become too predictable. The same goes for the comedy, this year was a trainwreck. I liked it best in 2012 when Helena Bergström impersonated several Melodifestivalen viewers
    I agree with that. There is that issue that known names seem to be favoured over newcomers regardless of the quality of their entries, hence why we pretty much see the same faces year after year and that some of us end up being disappointed because their entries happen to be weaker than their previous ones. Of course, big names will guarantee higher viewing rates, but there should be a better balance between "returnees" and newcomers imo. Melfest could be an ideal platform for young talents to break through in front of a wide audience. It's not like you have a tiny music scene. And "fillers" as you say do surely take the place of someone more worthy.

In addition to that, there is indeed an obvious lack of diversity musically-speaking: apart from the handful of joke acts in Swedish, the couple of sleep-inducing acoustic ballads in Swedish and mainstream scandipop songs in English, there is not much to choose from (especially when entries happen to sound alike). It wouldn't hurt - besides those - to have a selection of acts showcasing other music genres (jazz, rap, rnb, rock, you name it) to at least give some alternatives to people - we never know - unusual/fresh-sounding acts could appeal to masses too. And even if you wanted to remain in the pop sphere, so many styles other than the prevailing one at the moment could be featured.

My last point would be to stop favouring the same friends/composers (G:son amongst others): again this year, I felt like 4/5 people were behind all the entries sung by the biggest names in the lineup. I believe providing other (unknown or not) composers with room in the NF would be for the greater good: the overall quality would improve because there would be more competition between composers and songs would be less likely to sound the same.

I genuinely hope Björkman's successor will consider re-shaping Melfest with this aim in mind.
    Likes  SwedishFailurez, FilipFromSweden, Stiven liked this post

Tuoremóveis

8. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    To be honest, both are good songs in their own way, and I think they can both flourish without hurting each other.

Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

9. Hero
    Portugal

It think this song is really good and the performance is very slick, but I get why some people think overall is too cocky. What annoys me though is that some people dislike this entry just because it comes from like... it's not their fault they just keep sending great entries

10. Active Member
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWest View Post
    It think this song is really good and the performance is very slick, but I get why some people think overall is too cocky. What annoys me though is that some people dislike this entry just because it comes from like... it's not their fault they just keep sending great entries
    I hear you.

But Sweden has always gotten a lot of hate on this site, even when we were failing BIG TIME

In the early/mid 2000:
    - all members were SCREAMING about "THE FUCKING SWEDISH SCHLAGERS!!! "Can you Swedes send anything else than Schlagers"???????? (like Charlotte Perelli, Friends, Afro-Dite, Fame, Lena PH, Carola and so on....)

Well, we did , we DID listen and we change... and in 2009 and 2010 we sent Malena Ernman (Opera) and Anna Bergendahl (singer/songwriter-style)... and then people still complained here. WHAT, THE FUCK ARE YOU SENDING???? She sound like a fucking GOAT.... You can't hear what she's singing, She sounds drunk.... Boring song... Idiots...(and so on....)

In 2011-2017:
    - So, Mello changed, we were in the bottom every single year.... Mello changed and that got more Swedes involved, especially the young ones...We had the Swedish legacy of "free music schools" and computer-nerds. ... And most kids have computers and they have eazy access making music... We also have a lot of famous songwriters to a lot of big artist all over the world, so we let that kind of music come INTO the Melodifestivalen....

BUT then this forum SCREAMED AGAIN.... PLASTIC, GENERIC, SOUL-LESS SHIT( and the list goes on)....

But hey, listen... NOW, this forum wants SWEDISH SCHLAGER back again!!! How strange isn't that???? Why do they want Schlagers back, when they hated it just 7-8 years ago??? And is Swedish Schlager LESS plastic, generic and stupid.......?????

How the hell are Sweden going to participate "with the right song" , when this forum keeps on changing depending what country they are talking about???
    Likes  Frans, Krahl liked this post

11. Legend
    United States

I don't really have much to say about this song. I really enjoy listening to this song and watching the performance, but boy is it safe and generic. You can replace him with any other singer of similar caliber and it will still sound and feel pretty much the same. There's nothing that really stands about the song or the performance. However, it doesn't mean that it's not catchy or enjoyable. I still think that this will do well because, hell, it's quite a pleasant song to listen to, and it sticks to you.

Membre fier de FURY > Tous unis pour le FURY