View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.51%

29 9.42%

42 13.64%

25 8.12%

20 6.49%

26 8.44%

12 3.90%

18 5.84%

11 3.57%

10 3.25%

58 18.83%
Page 358 of 407 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 4065

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Ninja
    Macedonia

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

People are being unrealistic when they say this will not qualify.
    It's definitely qualifying..........The performance is Eurovision ready and things can only go UP from there.
    Tho not my personal favorite this year I think that I would be OK with a top 5-6-7 finish from Sweden but I wouldn't want this song to WIN.
    Objectively speaking they are gonna finish in the top 3 in their semi -----> qualify -----> TOP 10 minimum ------> Top 5 probably -------> Win (HOPE NOT)
    Likes  randajad, tsegaye, FilipFromSweden liked this post

3. Veteran
    Italy

This song will be top 5 in Kyiv, not because it's Sweden (well, obviously there's a bit of that too? Not sure) but because this song follows the music trends of 2017, he is a nice guy with a good voice, he sings very well live, there is a catchy performance, as always for Sweden. I can get you hate on it because your favourites didn't win (and he is definitely NOT my choice, he was in the middle of my ranking for the final) but still, this is a good choice for the contest, we can't disagree on this :/
    Likes  ESCada, HatarWebbsidor, tsegaye liked this post

"Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)

4. Ninja
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Krishoes View Post
    This song will be top 5 in Kyiv, not because it's Sweden (well, obviously there's a bit of that too? Not sure) but because this song follows the music trends of 2017, he is a nice guy with a good voice, he sings very well live, there is a catchy performance, as always for Sweden. I can get you hate on it because your favourites didn't win (and he is definitely NOT my choice, he was in the middle of my ranking for the final) but still, this is a good choice for the contest, we can't disagree on this :/
    I am so happy we both have Nicaragua in our top 3

5. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    I am so happy we both have Nicaragua in our top 3
    Finally they sent a masterpiece. Nicaragua has always been in the bottom of my ranking, but they surprised me a lot this year with their folk-rock-electro-dance-salsa-tango instrumental

"Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)

6. Ninja
    Macedonia

Finally they sent a masterpiece. Nicaragua has always been in the bottom of my ranking, but they surprised me a lot this year with their folk-rock-electro-dance-salsa-tango instrumental
    I just have an issue with Comoros going for the Balkan Ballad yet again .......... It's too obvious and they do it every year
    Likes  lavieenrose, Stiven liked this post

7. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    I just have an issue with Comoros going for the Balkan Ballad yet again .......... It's too obvious and they do it every year
    I agree with you, they stick with this formula and it could be annoying. At the same time it's a smart move to add a bit of African schlager mixed with Italian yodeling in the bridge
    Likes  lavieenrose, ESCada, Stiven, Lupus liked this post

8. Ninja
    Macedonia

I agree with you, they stick with this formula and it could be annoying. At the same time it's a smart move to add a bit of African schlager mixed with Italian yodeling in the bridge
    Agreed ............. Soooooooooo calculated and sneaky.
    Damn you Comoros.
    Likes  Krishoes, Stiven, Lupus liked this post

9. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Anyway, 2016 Russia and then all the way back to 2002? I assume we had 14 great televote winners in a row then?
    Don't get me even started on 2015 2011 2008.

Russia 2016 gave a very entertaining, dramatic and enjoyable performance. Sergey was very charismatic too. Those treadmills and suits don't compare to that. Of course juries have to take away the fun of Eurovision, that is why they were introduced in the first place. Reduce the valuation of songs without factoring in the joy and emotions it may arouse in the audience. )
    You just proved my point on televoters not voting for the songs and over reliance on stage performance, along with a conspiracy theory.

1944 is an example how to win ESC by violating the rules and getting away with it. The message is the problem, not the song which is fine. And people did not get the subliminal message or did not care.
    Which rule did they broke exactly?
    And 2001? I do not know what the winner should statistically represent, it is fluke. I missed the contest because we did not qualify.
    It is the year where even the EBU has problems acknowledging the winner.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

10. Ninja
    UK

An app based vote like that isn't a problem with the current Eurovision voting system, where the number of votes doesn't matter, just the ranking of votes. In MelFest, the raw numbers DO matter, which is why the power lies with the jury.

I completely support juries in Eurovision (and in Melfest for that matter), but agree that the juries essentially had all the power last night.
    Likes  ZoboCamel, Scania liked this post

11. Expert
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    I agree but, I don't think they should get rid of entirely it requires an overhaul instead of maximum 5 votes per song it should be maximum 5 votes in general and voting after all the songs have performed just like the other voting. this way people who are on budget can still vote but people in general won't neutralise the public voting by voting for every song 5 times.
    I wrote a long-ish comment in support of this but my internet crashed as I was posting it and all my text disappeared. I can't be bothered writing it all back out again but in essence: yes, that sounds quite good, it'd be an acceptable compromise, please be kind o Lord Bjorkman who doth rule all from above.
    Likes  Stiven liked this post