View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll

57 18.51%

29 9.42%

42 13.64%

25 8.12%

20 6.49%

26 8.44%

12 3.90%

18 5.84%

11 3.57%

10 3.25%

58 18.83%
Page 357 of 407 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4065

Thread: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

2. Hero
    Austria

Re: SWEDEN 2017 - Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On

The app vote is totally free of charge?
    Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

3. Guru
    Netherlands

Don't forget that one of the biggest mistakes in MF happened thanks to the app - "I'll Be Fine" was final worthy, no doubt.
    Likes  ZoboCamel liked this post

Personal winners 19: | 18: Israel | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

4. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    For some reason juries across Europe cast away heartfelt, emotional songs, like if they were unworthy, while soullessness is arts?!

Eurovision will leave the audience disengaged when juries keep shoving down their preference of meaningless "arts" down the people's throats.

I think people want to click with music, music that sticks. Therefore music needs to be soulful, be it happy, mesmerizing, quirky or sad. Juries act like censors of emotions.
    Ahh yes remember the soulful songs like 2016 2002 2001 so much passion so much soul Oh wait.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the televoters often times don't vote for the song which is why during the 2004-2008 period there was a over reliance on stage performances since grabbing attention was more important than having a good song.
    And also in some countries the televoters make up just about 1% of the viewers so leaving the audience disengaged makes no sense since viewers who don't vote make up the majority of the audience and because of that interest of the contest have gone up not down since the reintroduction of the jury. if it wasn't for the jury last year the soulful and genuine 1944 would have lost to the plastic and dated You're the only one. I'm not saying that the jury ion its current form is perfect but they have already shown that they are a necessity.
    Likes  HatarWebbsidor, randajad liked this post

5. Expert
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Don't forget that one of the biggest mistakes in MF happened thanks to the app - "I'll Be Fine" was final worthy, no doubt.
    Yep - that, plus One By One from the same semi. Which is particularly noteworthy seeing as it was a competitive second, almost first place, in the app-less second voting round... meaning the app pushed a song that would've been a 2nd-place DTF into 5th-place NQ range. I'd love for them to eliminate the app entirely at this point, as it's caused a lion's share of issues, but for now I'd be happy enough with some kind of compromise that stops it from destroying the televote.
    Likes  Stiven, lavieenrose, HatarWebbsidor, Lupus liked this post

6. Hero
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Ahh yes remember the soulful songs like 2016 2002 2001 so much passion so much soul Oh wait.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the televoters often times don't vote for the song which is why during the 2004-2008 period there was a over reliance on stage performances since grabbing attention was more important than having a good song.
    And also in some countries the televoters make up just about 1% of the viewers so leaving the audience disengaged makes no sense since viewers who don't vote make up the majority of the audience and because of that interest of the contest have gone up not down since the reintroduction of the jury. if it wasn't for the jury last year the soulful and genuine 1944 would have lost to the plastic and dated You're the only one. I'm not saying that the jury ion its current form is perfect but they have already shown that they are a necessity.
    There is no need for bursting bubbles, because it would be slightly impolite.

Anyway, 2016 Russia and then all the way back to 2002? I assume we had 14 great televote winners in a row then?

Russia 2016 gave a very entertaining, dramatic and enjoyable performance. Sergey was very charismatic too. Those treadmills and suits don't compare to that. Of course juries have to take away the fun of Eurovision, that is why they were introduced in the first place. Reduce the valuation of songs without factoring in the joy and emotions it may arouse in the audience.
    Australia though was a perfect example for overrated plastic by juries. No fun, no emotion, but an awful lot of points for showing off some notes and holograms. 1944 is an example how to win ESC by violating the rules and getting away with it. The message is the problem, not the song which is fine. And people did not get the subliminal message or did not care.

And 2016 was the year of Michal Szpak who gave a rousing performance and touched hearts across Europe, but not across juries. On the other hand Malta's plastic pop was only loved by juries.

2002 was a terrible contest with solely consisted of awful songs and failing favourites. And I was rooting for Latvia that night as well, not knowing that this meant the beginning of the circus that plagued Eurovision going forward. Due to the lack of emotional masterpieces people voted for the entertainment, their neighbours or their diaspora.

And 2001? I do not know what the winner should statistically represent, it is fluke. I missed the contest because we did not qualify.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

7. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by ZoboCamel View Post
    Yep - that, plus One By One from the same semi. Which is particularly noteworthy seeing as it was a competitive second, almost first place, in the app-less second voting round... meaning the app pushed a song that would've been a 2nd-place DTF into 5th-place NQ range. I'd love for them to eliminate the app entirely at this point, as it's caused a lion's share of issues, but for now I'd be happy enough with some kind of compromise that stops it from destroying the televote.
    I agree but, I don't think they should get rid of entirely it requires an overhaul instead of maximum 5 votes per song it should be maximum 5 votes in general and voting after all the songs have performed just like the other voting. this way people who are on budget can still vote but people in general won't neutralise the public voting by voting for every song 5 times.
    Likes  HatarWebbsidor, ZoboCamel liked this post

8. Senior Member
    Sweden

Reading on internet i think the reactions have been very positive on our entry.

And Sweden is 3rd in odds, so this will not flop.
    Likes  ESCada liked this post

9. Junior Member
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ZoboCamel View Post
    The app vote wasn't used in the final for 2015 - there were technical issues that led to them using it in the SFs but not for the final, which reverted to televote-only (well, plus the juries, of course). Which makes your point even more clearly - Mans and Frans were both the clear 'people's favourite', but one got 35% of the vote while the other got 14%. I think that shows just how big the app's effect is at smoothing everything out.
    Oh, how did I forget that! Thank you
    It can't be that hard to come up with a method of making the voting system more even between IJ and the people. It is not even exciting anymore when the votes are so close due to the app.
    Likes  HatarWebbsidor liked this post

10. Hero
    Austria

I fear the app vote is the future of Eurovision. But that would give 85% power to juries, who rank the songs, while app voters vote for every song they like. Both parties need to have a balance of power and equivalent tools.

11. Hero
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Swedenvision View Post
    Reading on internet i think the reactions have been very positive on our entry.

And Sweden is 3rd in odds, so this will not flop.
    Maybe "I can't go on" sounds better if you don't know the other songs that deserved it more.

But Sweden is always Top 5 in the odds ,even in their flop years.

OK, here's a Top 9 only in 2010: