View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll

11 4.78%

4 1.74%

9 3.91%

10 4.35%

14 6.09%

18 7.83%

15 6.52%

19 8.26%

22 9.57%

24 10.43%

84 36.52%
Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAIN 2017 - Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover

SPAIN 2017 - Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover

2. Veteran
    Finland

Re: SPAIN 2017 - Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    As a journalist I must say this is usual. You prepare news for the most likely scenarios, so you just have to add some specific information (in this case details about the voting) and the whole thing can be up right after the results.
    The same as all the media have obituaries ready for all the famous people over 70 years old
    Everything was fixed, but this is not a proof of that.
    Let's say it was suspicious that only that press release favouring Manel was leaked and posted.

3. Junior Member
    Sweden

We are not pleased... Full review here:

4. Ninja
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    A lot of criticism mainly because of this:

Most comments out of the fanbase say he is not worthy to represent Spain after this rude gesture.
    What does the gesture mean? just hit me already?

5. Legend
    Spain

BTW This is so similar to what happened with Serbia & Montenegro in 2006, when the Montenegrin juries boycotted the Serbian artists and they got a Montenegrin representative (I think it was No Name again) who got booed by the audience.
    After that, Serbia & Montenegro withdrew, Montenegro became independent and Serbia won the year after alone.

We have fixed competition, drama, booing, Catalan winner and Catalan authorities who want to celebrate an unilateral referendum this year
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

6. Legend
    Serbia

This entry has really grown on me a lot now, if he manages to perform a bit better and more confident , if singing improves just a bit, I will put it higher a lot on the list..it has potential, because I find it refreshing for ESC festival (especially music) and it is much better than most of the craps, cliches, unoriginal bland and fake or pompous ballads without real energy and emotion, G:Sons rejects and so on, Spain has offer to us in previous years..
    Likes  Odalis liked this post

I beyond the BONES!

7. Legend
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    We are not pleased... Full review here:

HAHA It's fun because the "professional" juror who gave 12 points to Manel said he gave importance to English pronunciation
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

8. Senior Member
    Portugal

First of all... TVE: What's up with that camera work? And the stage? awful. just awful...

Now... I'm gonna start by saying that I think that in a case of a tie de winner should ALWAYS come from the televote and not from the jury. Especially when we are talking about a jury with 3 members. I mean... seriously?

I honestly do not get the hype around Mirela. The song was nothing special and probably wouldn't even get a top 15 in Eurovision. It's not that good. I think it's a little bit cheesy.

Do it for your lover is better although a little bit repetitive. I think it was the best act and it should do a top 15 with a good staging and camera work. I'll give it a 6.

Oh and it was a shame he got booed. Like... it's not his fault. Just chill out ok? And do it for your lover hahaha

9. Legend
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by 12Points View Post
    What does the gesture mean? just hit me already?
    In Scotland, this is the gesture equivalent of "get it right up ye" - basically a derogatory sign you make at someone you are keen to either pick a fight with or whom you wish would take a very long jump off a short pier.

Assuming that it means the same sort of thing in Spain.
    Likes  alca liked this post

2018: 12 CYPRUS / 10 ISRAEL / 8 BULGARIA/ 7 Finland / 6 Denmark / 5 Czech Republic / 4 Estonia / 3 Azerbaijan / 2 Australia / 1 Moldova

10. Expert
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by cegs5 View Post
    I didn't even have a single favourite in this selection. I had posted that in this thread right after the songs were revealed. How can you conclude that the result doesn't please me? I wouldn't mind if Manel won in a fair play. I'm not pleased with the way they have cheated and robbed thousands of people.

Xavier Martínez, the juror, has been promoting Manel in Los40 radio station and has been part of his team since the beginning. How can RTVE choose as a juror someone who is taking actively part of the career of one of the contestants?
    Los40 even posted on their online wall that Manel won Objetivo Eurovision an hour before the show had finished.
    They deleted the post but there are screenshots on Twitter.

About the rules, RTVE had said that an international jury would decide 50% of the score...but just a week before the Final they changed their mind and invited three people from radio stations... one of them from Los40 which promoted ONLY ONE contestant and another from the house RTVE.
    Do you think this is only building up.conspiracy theories? Excuse me but I am not stupid neither the people who were in the studio.
    Because it sounded like that. So, does the result please you? Was my impression wrong?

Anyone posting anything that disappears shortly afterwards is not really a proof, is it? Anyone can post anything and delete it then (what if someone wanted to look the selection as being rigged and did this?)

You are completely right, a juror that promotes someone is not ideal. I have no insight how much he promoted him or neglected the other ones. (Do you? Have you been following spanish radio in Finland? Or are you not living in Finland but in Spain?). But if it were the case - that should have brought him off the panel. Why didn't anyone ask for that before the show, when this was so obvious?

But: what about the people behind the other contestants? Do you really think they would not protest if there was the shadow of doubt of the result?

If RTVE would have wanted to have this candidate: why bother producing an expensive show? Why not select him internally? Or - if you think they needed the show to make him popular: wouldn't it have been easier to just announce a fake televote or rigg the jury vote even more so that they would avoid the tie? All the negative emotion that comes out of yesterday is neither in the interest of the artist nor in the one of RTVE.

I don't think you nor the people in the studio are stupid, but strong emotions (as there were present in the audience and perhaps on your side) may sometimes lead to conclusions that are not necessarily valid.

I cannot prove of course that this NF was NOT rigged (that is by definition not possible), but I do think it would not have made sense to have it done nor to have it done in that specific way. So until someone comes forward with more concrete data, I would rather consider this allegation as a - completely understandable but still - unrealistic scenario. (To avoid the all too aggressive term "conspiracy")

But the most important thing: even if you were right with RTVE - you have brought up not a single argument, that Manel was involved in this alleged fraud. And that was my point! Booing an artist in my opinion is justified for one reason only: he/she delivers a crap performance. And this was clearly not the reason people booed.

I give you that his behavior (the gesture in particular) was unacceptable, but this was after minutes of exposing him to open hostility for which he gave no reason so far.

11. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

This song sucks.

Does this mean we get a year off from insufferable Spanish fanboys on every Eurovision entry's youtube comments section?
    Likes  lavieenrose, AshleyWright liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is CET.