View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll

8 4.12%

5 2.58%

14 7.22%

10 5.15%

17 8.76%

12 6.19%

20 10.31%

19 9.79%

15 7.73%

23 11.86%

51 26.29%
Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOVENIA 2017 - Omar Naber - On My Way

SLOVENIA 2017 - Omar Naber - On My Way

2. Legend
    Slovenia

Re: SLOVENIA 2017

His Donald Trump impression is coming soon btw
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

3. Legend
    Portugal

http://eurovoix.com/2016/07/13/slove...ion-confirmed/

Slovenia's participation has been confirmed!

RTVSLO has also revealed that EMA will continue to be the NF, and that it will be held in January. There will not only be a final as well as some semi-finals spread throughout the month.

4. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
    http://eurovoix.com/2016/07/13/slove...ion-confirmed/

Slovenia's participation has been confirmed!

RTVSLO has also revealed that EMA will continue to be the NF, and that it will be held in January. There will not only be a final as well as some semi-finals spread throughout the month.
    Ooh, that is interesting. First of all, I'm glad Slovenia will join the Ukrainian party but those changes were also needed I guess: holding several shows with more songs will probably (hopefully) lead to greater interest from viewers (and maybe more options with true potential for Eurovision). If semis are reintroduced, I wonder what will be the voting system: will people be able to vote during every show? will there be jury wildcards? or will juries decide who should qualify?

The NF will also be held earlier next year I'm looking forward to it and hope for good songs.

5. Senior Member
    Slovenia

I don't think this format will work. Too much hyping, considering that the average viewer doesn't give a sh*t. I really hope that the submitted songs won't be as underwhelming as they were in the last 3 editions (2-3 contenders and everything else pure filler) cause otherwise this selection will make the Lithuanian one look good.

As of the rest I really hope that they'll do the following(well, once can dream):
    - when selecting the songs they should throw everything polka & valček related into the trash, otherwise they're just wasting everyone's time and money
    - if they'll use juries, then don't use the clueless "professionals" that appear in every RTVSLO related song festival jury. They're so out of touch that it hurts.
    - they should make three songs advance into the final round, to prevent a 2016 scenario, when old people vote for the mediocre choice, cause they don't like the other song.
    - the presenter(s) and the jury members shouldn't behave like snobbish know-it-alls.
    - the juries should stop being nice and praising everyone, cause it's so obvious they're faking it. A reality check won't hurt.
    - they should step up their game when it comes to making the public interested. Playing the song a few days at random times on one radio station doesn't do the job.
    Likes  Stiven, EscGeek, DanielLuis liked this post

6. Veteran
    France

is ready to do some changes in its national final, and that's a good thing and progress considering its past results.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that in January, 2017.
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

7. Senior Member
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    is ready to do some changes in its national final, and that's a good thing and progress considering its past results.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that in January, 2017.
    Hardly. Big selections almost never work for RTVSLO. The only time it worked was in 2007 and even then the final result was only the result of a lot of luck, since the runner up and the song that lead in all previous rounds would be a no-hoper at ESC.

8. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by CatEye View Post
    Hardly. Big selections almost never work for RTVSLO. The only time it worked was in 2007 and even then the final result was only the result of a lot of luck, since the runner up and the song that lead in all previous rounds would be a no-hoper at ESC.
    Well... I'd respond to this excellent reply -btw- by a simple answer: It depends on the bunch of songs, which have been submitted by the different artists all other the years.
    How many times did hold a big NF (including semi-finals, which aren't part of the actual format of EMA..)?
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

9. Legend
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    How many times did hold a big NF (including semi-finals, which aren't part of the actual format of EMA..)?
    2001,2002,2004,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012 were the years we had more than just one night of selection

10. Legend
    Slovenia

btw..i'm glad the selection is in January...that means more of you guys will watch it, (because we'll probably be the only ones selecting)

You know how empty January is..
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

11. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    btw..i'm glad the selection is in January...that means more of you guys will watch it, (because we'll probably be the only ones selecting)

You know how empty January is..
    Thankfully, is here to party with us...

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    2001,2002,2004,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012 were the years we had more than just one night of selection
    Years which I decided to underline were the ones with decent Slovenian entries.
    I just hope that they won't fail to reach the final once again...
    Likes  EscGeek liked this post