View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll

26 18.98%

16 11.68%

21 15.33%

18 13.14%

7 5.11%

15 10.95%

11 8.03%

9 6.57%

1 0.73%

2 1.46%

11 8.03%
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

2. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Re: SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

Much better than I expected! I really like it I am glad that we finally have a modern, uptempo song that is not kitsch and that has some quality to it. Actually, I think I like this song the most from all of our entries (Zeljko's ESC songs and Marija excluded for obvious reasons).

I think a lot will depend on the stage performance as well. But regardless of the end result, we have an entry that we can be proud of!

One thing I have to agree with, though, @AshleyWright is right. This is one of my main problems with modern ESC now. Not only that you can't recognize what comes from which country, I also don't like the trend where everyone is copying more or less the same style, but I guess that's how it goes. I wanted us to send a modern song at least for once so I do like it but for next year I would like something contemporary again and preferably in Serbian too.
    Likes  Mrm liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najdue sećaju prolosti"

3. Legend
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    You know, I have to say that i'm feeling quite disappointed with the lack of national identity in entries this year, and this is a perfect example. I was just thinking as I listened "wow this sounds like something we'd hear here on the radio possibly" but then I thought if I listened to this without knowing who it was from, i'd have zero idea where it was actually from... it's a shame really. I really wish countries stuck true to themselves and sent something that would truly represent then, rather than selling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    One thing I have to agree with, though, @AshleyWright is right. This is one of my main problems with modern ESC now. Not only that you can't recognize what comes from which country, I also don't like the trend where everyone is copying more or less the same style, but I guess that's how it goes. I wanted us to send a modern song at least for once so I do like it but for next year I would like something contemporary again and preferably in Serbian too.

Generally, I agree with this statement. But unfortunately, that's direction esc goes. It is not about Serbia or any other country. And if someone was sending songs that shows their identity and by chances was so successful, it is surely Serbia (04, 07, 08, 10, 12 - speaking only about song that have at last a bit of that influence in music). But, now, this era is behind us and it is new era (I would say since Loreen's win) where people seek for modern songs that they would listen to. So yes, Serbia and other countries send songs, if you listen to it, you do not know from which country it would be. If 38 of 40 countries sing in English, you really do not want be the one to sing fully in your language?
    Yes, it is nice to send something that sticks with your identity but it is not nice to watch every time you send something like that, in spite of pride you feel you are sticking with you identity, how you can't qualify and you are always bottom.
    And also, you might like countries to stick with their identity but speaking honestly, what do you think of Mižerja for example? Yup, people will saying "stick to your identity" until they hear it and then "but this is so much traditional for esc, we want to hear something modern". Serbia is the only country who balanced for so long and so successful with its identity and modern songs but even they can't follow this tempo forever.
    And that's direction esc goes so it only can be worse and worse until someone bring another decision which will keep national identity in the songs. Sad, but it is how things go.
    Likes  randajad, Marko279, Milos-BC, jimijoop liked this post

4. Active Member
    Finland

Out of all these entries that are more likely made to please the average radio listener than to actually represent their countries in the contest, this is one of the better ones. Not a fan of this style, either, especially because Serbia has some of my all-time favourite entries and my hopes are always high for a Serbian song in their native language.

This is not half bad. Let's go with 7 points.

5. Veteran
    Croatia

I do agree with AshleyWright as well. Still, since there is a trend among most of the ESC songs to sound "modern" and with lack of national identity, I want to send something that would make me recognize where it's from without knowing it. Why not hearing some Scottish bagpipes for example? Or something inspired by the music from Cornwall? I don't like the direction ESC is going nowadays, but Serbia is surely one that did a good job so far with including national identity in it to some extent. This year they didn't, unfortunately.
    GeoMaster
    Yatcaz Kalkcaz Ordayım

6. Wizard
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
    And also, you might like countries to stick with their identity but speaking honestly, what do you think of Mižerja for example? Yup, people will saying "stick to your identity" until they hear it and then "but this is so much traditional for esc, we want to hear something modern".
    I'd much prefer for countries to send things along the lines of Mizerja than 'generic midtempo ballad #5136' or (this year) 'middle-of-the-road minimalist synth pop #691'!
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post

7. Wizard
    Cyprus

Ugh the full song has nothing do with that beautiful teaser, I'm so disappointed.

8. Active Member
    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    You know, I have to say that i'm feeling quite disappointed with the lack of national identity in entries this year, and this is a perfect example. I was just thinking as I listened "wow this sounds like something we'd hear here on the radio possibly" but then I thought if I listened to this without knowing who it was from, i'd have zero idea where it was actually from... it's a shame really. I really wish countries stuck true to themselves and sent something that would truly represent then, rather than selling out.
    I kinda disagree with you. I agree that there are so many similar songs in Eurovision these three years, however nations doesn't listen song with national influences everyday, i mean if you look at pop music in a country, it's probably a universal beat with their own language.

This song is a little outdated to me, but with a good presentation it could get out of Semi 2.

9. Ninja
    Macedonia

This is qualifying for the final.
    AND
    I just realized that Tijana looks like Daria Kinzer's long lost half-sister.

10. Legend
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    AND
    I just realized that Tijana looks like Daria Kinzer's long lost half-sister.

11. WorldVision Mod
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
    Generally, I agree with this statement. But unfortunately, that's direction esc goes. It is not about Serbia or any other country. And if someone was sending songs that shows their identity and by chances was so successful, it is surely Serbia (04, 07, 08, 10, 12 - speaking only about song that have at last a bit of that influence in music). But, now, this era is behind us and it is new era (I would say since Loreen's win) where people seek for modern songs that they would listen to. So yes, Serbia and other countries send songs, if you listen to it, you do not know from which country it would be. If 38 of 40 countries sing in English, you really do not want be the one to sing fully in your language?
    Yes, it is nice to send something that sticks with your identity but it is not nice to watch every time you send something like that, in spite of pride you feel you are sticking with you identity, how you can't qualify and you are always bottom.
    And also, you might like countries to stick with their identity but speaking honestly, what do you think of Mižerja for example? Yup, people will saying "stick to your identity" until they hear it and then "but this is so much traditional for esc, we want to hear something modern". Serbia is the only country who balanced for so long and so successful with its identity and modern songs but even they can't follow this tempo forever.
    And that's direction esc goes so it only can be worse and worse until someone bring another decision which will keep national identity in the songs. Sad, but it is how things go.
    Sorry but I fundamentally disagree with you. This isn't about modernising at all, this is about selling out and sending songs that they see as being the most pleasing to the juries and the general viewers, and it results in generic bland pop/synth-pop like this. This new 'era' isn't about modern music, it's about trying to scorewhore it. Serbia is one of my favourite countries in esc and this year is a just as massive slap in the face. If 38 countries are singing in english, then you should want to all the more stand out and sing in your own language, why go for English and follow the crowd? Italy in 2015 sent something that could easily be seen as Italian, and they did super well - even won the televote. Broadcasters just fixate on Swedens success so try to copy them with Swedish writers and English music sounds. Mižerja is an example of it going wrong, it was never going to do well and not at all what I meant by representing national identity. They need to stay current yes, but also show their identity. This is what eurovision is about. Mižerja didn't do that at all. Serbia being so great at getting this balance and suddenly selling out now make it all the more bitter pill to swallow. ex-yugo countries use to be so strong on it and true to themselves (or how I saw it anyway) and 1 by 1 they've sold their souls to try and do well.
    Likes  ZoboCamel liked this post