View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll

25 18.52%

16 11.85%

21 15.56%

17 12.59%

7 5.19%

15 11.11%

11 8.15%

9 6.67%

1 0.74%

2 1.48%

11 8.15%
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

Re: SERBIA 2017 - Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

Quote Originally Posted by anto475 View Post
    Just the snippet eurovision.tv posted. Was that just a terrible clip?
    Yes, theres a lot of sound problems this year
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

http://i39.tinypic.com/35d993r.png

3. Addict
    Portugal

A lot of sound problems... it was very messy I'm afraid :/
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

4. Ninja
    Macedonia

I don't think a similar result with Malta will happen.
    2 similar songs, staged similarly gaining the same appreciation 2 years in a row is not gonna happen.

If they tweak this a bit more a bit it would be great. Now it's just alright.

Side note, shut those backing singers up ..... They are trying so hard to overshadow Tijana (which is a competent singer).
    Also .... C'mon people, she doesn't need all that makeup........ It takes so much away from her natural looks.
    ►I will dance alone wherever I am.....The rhythm follows◄♥♫♪☼

5. Super Moderator
    Serbia

I love this song more than the last 3 that we sent but I don't have huge expectations. The rehearsals look very messy indeed (both visually and vocally) and somehow..........no energy is felt at all RTS pretty much ruined every potential that the song had.

I hope we manage to qualify at least but I sense an elimination in the semis.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najdue sećaju prolosti"

6. Super Moderator
    Serbia

but I sense an elimination in the semis.

To self-quote myself

I am not disappointed at all. Although I do like the song, I think that the whole act was rather mediocre and it was utterly forgettable. I wasn't even excited when the results were being announced as I knew we were chanceless. And the number of comments after the semi proves how much people really care for our song

I hope she didn't score worse than Moje 3 because she certainly isn't that bad but who knows. This might be the worst result of ever.
    Likes  GRE liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najdue sećaju prolosti"

7. Addict
    Germany

In the Studioversion one of my favourites, but after the Semis my biggest Loser (about 20 Places). Im surprised that she did better with Juries then Televotes and that our Country gave 0 TVs and Austria only 6.

8. Addict
    Germany

Just realized that it was FYROMs Jury who killed her, giving 7 Points to Denmark and 0 Points to Serbia.

9. Junkie
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    I hope she didn't score worse than Moje 3 because she certainly isn't that bad but who knows. This might be the worst result of ever.
    Actually it's not, Moje 3 still have the worst Serbian result, because both Tijana and Moje 3 placed 11th in the semifinal, but Moje 3 were in a semifinal of 16 countries, while Tijana was in a semifinal of 18 countries. Besides, Moje 3 performed last, while Tijana performed first.

10. Expert
    France

My review of "In Too Deep":

-I don't know why, but when it was announced the composer of "If Love Was A Crime" was the one behind the next Serbian entry, I feared it would just be an attempt at sounding modern without any extra kind of ambition. I mean I did love Bulgaria 2016, but I was skeptical about the fact it would as good this time. Then I read the tepid comments on the forum about how meh the song was, and I thought we were in for a sequel of "Ljubav Je Svuda", which I think was quite cheap and forgettable. As I discovered the song during the semi, I was like "ok, it doesn't sound that special or infectious but somehow I want to listen to the whole thing". The truth is I missed a part of the performance and ended up being undecided about whether I liked it or not. As soon as I got the chance to give it a second listening, I realised it was actually not bad at all: it's very mainstream pop (it could have been sung by Katy Perry or someone like that), yet the not-so-usual arrangements elevate what could have been just another generic effort. I like the melody, especially the chorus, and all flows and builds up nicely imo. The transitions are on point and the hooks are used cleverly and parsimoniously. To me, this is by far the best Serbian modern pop effort ever: the composition is solid, catchy and retains hints of originality through its arrangements. Pros: catchy and lovely melody, the arrangements which elevate the song. Cons: I have none in mind. I wouldn't have refused a more original effort, but this one is actually the kind of mainstream I can stand, as it features elements that are out of the ordinary.

The highlight of the song is undoubtedly the bridge (both instrumental and vocal), the mix of strings and electronic beats is very dramatic, it comes at the right time and its cleverly used again at the end of the song. The violin part is also great, I didn't expect that. By the way, I guess RTS made a mistake by teasing fans and journalists with a snippet of the bridge. I mean if you guys have listened to that part first, I totally understand why you were disappointed by the whole song as one could have expected a much original - and maybe avant-garde - effort overall. However, as I personally discovered the song in its entirety, the bridge creates the desired effect of elevating it at the time one thinks it would be devoid of peaks and valleys.

-Vocally, Tijana's vocal tone has character, which is always a plus in my book. However, of all the performances I've watched, she never seemed to be totally at ease singing the song, which I found weird because she's been a backing vocalist before and one would think it wasn't an overly demanding tune to replicate given her vocal range. The live performance in the semi was ok-ish, not bad but not great either (even though it was probably one of her best ones). As a result, the power and poise she had in the studio version didn't show through, which is a shame. Also, I feel like the mix between the backing vocalists and Tijana's ad-libs towards the end were slightly messy.

-Visually, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't think it was eye-catching at all at first. But when watching it again, I get what they had in mind: actually I appreciated the beginning when Tijana's face was in the dark, that only her dress stood out and lights circled her (last year, we had a lot of acts starting that way, but none this year). The background then displayed air bubbles in water as she was in the depths of an ocean or something, I liked it. A man intermittently appeared on screen too, before entering the stage during the bridge. The dancer was eye-candy - which is never a drawback - but I felt like his dance routine didn't have the impact it could have had with better camera angles (the most effective part was when the camera focused on him rolling on the floor) and maybe more interaction from Tijana would have improved the scenography. Apart from that, the floor shot from above and the holograms (resembling whirlpools) were great. While I enjoyed the visuals, I think there were some "down-times" where there was nothing special to watch. Without necessarily having to change or add lots of things: a slight gesture routine from Tijana when the dancer arrives, along with less basic and flat camera angles, would have made the performance look more effective and captivating imo. Still, I appreciated the classiness and sobriety of the act. Outfit-wise, Tijana was wearing a long see-through white dress with puffed-out sleeves, which was nice imo. As I'm writing now, the lower part of the dress reminds me of a jellyfish (in a good way)... As it fits the ocean theme, I wonder whether that was intended or not. Anyway, good choice.

-Results-wise, I had the feeling Serbia would miss out on qualification, and they did. Personally, I don't think it was an obvious pick for opening a semi. Shame that song wasn't in the final when yawn-inducing ones made it. Juries should have supported them more, "In Too Deep" had everything they were supposed to like, yet it was ranked below much forgettable songs. Makes you wonder if they didn't check where it came from first and foremost. Anyway, Serbia unexpectedly made it to my personal top 10, the song grew on me a lot and is now the 6th best song of this edition to me. Besides, it is part of the three robberies of the second semi imo. Keep up the good work guys, I enjoyed your 2017 effort a lot. See you next year
    Likes  Mrm liked this post

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950