View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll

51 28.18%

8 4.42%

6 3.31%

18 9.94%

16 8.84%

16 8.84%

12 6.63%

10 5.52%

10 5.52%

12 6.63%

22 12.15%
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: SAN MARINO 2017 - Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson - Spirit of the Night

SAN MARINO 2017 - Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson - Spirit of the Night

2. Ninja
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Re: SAN MARINO 2017 - Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson - Spirit of the Night

Get rid off Ralph, find local singers (there must be someone!), go thorough their own music, pay for a good production and you are in.

3. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Marko279 View Post
    Everything was good except that backing vocals, they ruined the song, and made it sound like crowd, jam, many people randomly speaking noise.
    The song was born ruined tbh. It wasn't catchy or funny ... it was just boring, forgettable and ridiculous in the negative sense (not kitsch or freak, that would have been way better). I wouldn't be surprised if it was last in televoting, and being a microstate is no the reason to blame in this case, the entry was just bad.

I'm really sad that Valentina's comeback had to be with this 'thing'.
    Likes  VikingTiger liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cegs5 View Post
    The song was born ruined tbh. It wasn't catchy or funny ... it was just boring, forgettable and ridiculous in the negative sense (not kitsch or freak, that would have been way better tbh). I wouldn't be surprised if it was last in televoting, and bring a microstate is no the reason to blame in this case, the entry was just bad.

I'm really sad that Valentina's comeback had to be with this 'thing'.
    Totally agree
    Vedatistan's entry for NSC 102 ~ Emmelie de Forest - Hunter and Play

5. Expert
    Austria

I think after this, the EBU should seriously take the san marenese proposal for their televote into consideration otherwise their overall level frustration will push them into a definite withrawl

6. Ninja
    France

ok call me crazy but I liked San Marino yesterday evening. It was fun, Valentina was having a blast on stage, I really wanted them to qualify
    Likes  LesterMalvo, tuorem liked this post

7. Junkie
    Slovenia

Well...

She managed to qualify to final in 2014 and I thought that was such a beautiful way to end her Eurovision journey. So I really didn't understand whose idea was to bring her back this year with a duett song, and AGAIN in combination with Ralph Siegel (seriously, San Marino?). I intentionally didn't want to hear the songs before the contest, but when I heard that Valentina is going to represent San Marino, I just said "Wait, what? But why?". I almost gave myself in... And boy am I happy that I didn't listen to the song before the semi final.

When Valentina and Jimmie started to perform yesterday, my reaction was, once again, "Oh God... Why, Valentina? For the love of Idontknowwhoonthisworld, why?". The song, in my opinion, is one of the worst songs in ESC history. Last year Serhat at least made me smile with his song, but this year I saw the whole Sanmarinese performance... Tragic, honestly. It looked like they're desperate for another qualification.

I still think Valentina has great voice and is a good jazz performer. Looking back at her previous three performances... Yeah, I have to admit, even the Facebook song was better that this years entry. I would never say that 3, 4, 5 years ago (since I was really, I can say, almost obsessed with Valentina - and my head still hurts a bit beacuse of that).

Please, San Marino, don't bring her back next year. Or ever again. Her time is done. I get it, that you're a small country, but I'm sure you have more than just one singer (heck, even my hometown has more multiple singers and the population is smaller than in your country) in your country. Same goes for Siegel.

point from me. I rest my case.
    Likes  Milos-BC, VikingTiger liked this post

8. Junior Member
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Kaja View Post
    Well...

She managed to qualify to final in 2014 and I thought that was such a beautiful way to end her Eurovision journey...
    Please, listen to the official song at this page without watching video, and tell us is it still bad. Would like to know your opinion.

The song had some energy to it but it went on too long. Maybe they could have been brave and just made it a short song at nearer 2 minutes.

10. Legend
    Slovenia

This is not bad at all... Jimmie has the kind of voice that's rare in eurovision, and they sing in harmony...it's like a musical...how can anyone hate this?
    Man Don't Dance

11. Super Moderator
    Serbia

I had a transfer of shame while watching and listening to this song in the semi. Not as big one as last year but still............it was horrendous.

Valentina is just making a fool out of herself and is sinking deeper with almost each of her ESC entries. I hope we will not see her anymore. Equally, if would decide to withdraw, I doubt many people would miss their songs.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"