View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll

32 11.47%

11 3.94%

8 2.87%

18 6.45%

6 2.15%

25 8.96%

16 5.73%

29 10.39%

17 6.09%

18 6.45%

99 35.48%
Page 252 of 256 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2559

Thread: RUSSIA 2017 - Not taking part

RUSSIA 2017 - Not taking part

2. Senior Member
    Germany

Re: RUSSIA 2017 - Not taking part

Well, I don't mind. The song was crap anyhow.
    Likes  Geborgenheit liked this post

3. Mentor
    Croatia

Weird that is considered the biggest ''threat'' for .
    I don't dislike their song, but I don't feel winner vibes around it. At all.
    Likes  anto475, QwaarJet, Nikoreindeer1973, Pawhlen, Trece liked this post

4. Active Member
    Norway

Ukraine gets to enter with a song about Crimea one year and push Russia out the next.

EBU is so rubbish it's embarrassing. I hope the leadership retires after this and someone with more integrity takes over.

Songwise, that is the best Russian entry the broadcaster has sent in a long time. It is a lot like What If or A Million Voices except this one is way better than the other average two. I would like to see this song being performed on the stage no matter which country it is from. But what must have happened, have happened. So we gotta deal with it.

6. Ninja
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Krishoes View Post
    But why not? I mean, why are you sure about this? I also stated in the "bold prediction" thread that juries wonīt destroy but at the same time I canīt believe Bulgaria wonīt win, now. This seems an edition with a clear winner just like 2009, 2012 and 2013 but at the same time the fact he is SO favourite could lead to a situation where juries will try to avoid his victory just because of it. Just to have a different outcome, no matter what xD
    juries absolutely do not avoid obvious winners. in fact, they reinforced mans as the obvious winner of 2015, and the televote didn't! they also were pretty good to those winners you mentioned, particularly emmelie who probably did better with juries than with the televote.

i think you are just trying to be careful with your expectations since gabbani is your favorite AND from your country, but it would take a pretty big upset for him to lose. there is no entry who seems to be at his level in scoring potential. kristian is the closest, but i don't think he would get a massive jury advantage over gabbani, in fact his profile is closer to the il volo/sergey thing that attracts a bit of jury harshness than gabbani.

and lastly, gabbani and kristian are literally the only two contenders. everything else is either a bit too out there, or a bit too ordinary to be seriously considered. this year feels like it consists of gabbani, kristian, 39 entries we'd totally think would not qualify in a more typical year, and sweden because ugh. and for now i don't see kristian getting big enough to defeat the italian juggernaut. and i'm not complaining!
    Likes  Krishoes, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Ukraine gets to enter with a song about Crimea one year and push Russia out the next.
    Except they did not push Russia out. Russia was given a chance to change the singer and keep participating, yet the broadcaster decided to stick to insisting on Julia which ended up with a withdrawal. Eurofans need get their facts straight, otherwise they are just throwing dirt on a white sheet to remain after.

8. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    i agree that they should have been banned in 2014 like serbia was, but since ebu is spineless, i can only hope russia quits on its own. i actually like russia as a country a lot but not is government and eurovision just cannot have drama anymore, and it's russia causing it every timr it isn't the armenia/azerbaijan situation (which, historically, is their fault too? lol)
    I guess what I meant is that I agree with the part of "staying out", but not the "forever" part however (I would gladly have them back if they just get their act together finally!).

We share a similar "view" in regards to Russia here I see. As I stressed many times in here already (purposely ignored by the Kremlin trolls though), is that I don't "hate" Russia and of course ideally all European countries should take part in ESC and all should work fine without politics etc involved (unfortunately as proven it's not however).

I find it especially sad when it comes to Russia, being such a huge country with lots to offer to Eurovision. I like the language, they have nice music (not so much in ESC, but there's still potential they'd bring something), rich culture, literature etc.

I just loath their politics, imperialism and current fascist regime though and the fact that the regime is so blatantly involved in all aspects (since the broadcaster is controlled by the government, no one should be surprised by the stunt they pulled this year to put Ukraine in a bad light and bring shame and politics to the contest and the organizer and host, it's all part of the propaganda proxy war driven by Kremlin's media and information channels which obviously includes the state broadcaster...). It's just sad because I wish for them to enter ESC just like any other European country, and every year I am making proposals in their thread, but I just can't support them with all that's going on.

People really should start to differ being critical against a regime and their behavior from one's general view of a country and its people however. Sure, alot of Russians are indeed part of the issue since many mindlessly support their regime and buy into all the propaganda fed to them, but that doesn't mean all Russians are bad people by any means nor that all agree with what their government does (even some that are Putin supporters aren't bad people either, things are more complex than that and shouldn't be simplified, it's not that black and white afterall and not all Putin does is bad either), so bottom-line the situation is just generally sad.

9. Wizard
    Austria

If the EBU had a spine, they would immediately bring back the rule that you can only participate in Eurovision if you have broadcast the previous contest.

Unfortunately, the EBU has something in common with the IOC and FIFA that will prevent that...

2018: | 10: CY | ranking in progress
    2017: BE | 2016: UA | 2015: AU | 2014: AT | 2013: NO | 2012: SE | 2011: SE | 2010: DE

10. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    If the EBU had a spine, they would immediately bring back the rule that you can only participate in Eurovision if you have broadcast the previous contest.

Unfortunately, the EBU has something in common with the IOC and FIFA that will prevent that...
    Likes  Stiven, 94ayd, Nikoreindeer1973, Pawhlen, Chorizo liked this post

11. Wizard
    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post

Tell me, how back at ESC 2011 after 14 years without telecasting the 2010 contest neither? *Hypocrisy mode on*
    Likes  anto475, randajad, Nikoreindeer1973, Pawhlen liked this post

Vist OGAE Rest of the World website: http://nimbleinity.com/DHtM