View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

20 13.70%

9 6.16%

14 9.59%

13 8.90%

14 9.59%

15 10.27%

12 8.22%

10 6.85%

11 7.53%

6 4.11%

22 15.07%
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: IRELAND 2017 - Brendan Murray - Dying To Try

IRELAND 2017 - Brendan Murray - Dying To Try

2. Legend
    UK

Re: IRELAND 2017 - Brendan Murray - Dying to try

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    You realise his odds have drifted substantially after the rehearsal? It looks like any small chance he had is gone.
    Ireland was not going to win anyway lol. Apart from the hot favourites, you never know who will qualify from a semi. For instance, the bookies have Denmark and Netherlands as almost certs to qualify, I wouldn't be so sure for either of them, especially NL.
    Likes  ParadiseES liked this post

3. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    Ireland was not going to win anyway lol. Apart from the hot favourites, you never know who will qualify from a semi. For instance, the bookies have Denmark and Netherlands as almost certs to qualify, I wouldn't be so sure for either of them, especially NL.
    I think the Netherlands are certain. They're vocals together are just too good, the juries are going to love it.
    Likes  joao liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

4. Super Moderator
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    You realise his odds have drifted substantially after the rehearsal? It looks like any small chance he had is gone.
    I don't think his chances were that small (not big either) and I don't think there is absolutely no hope anymore either.

It's still a hot candidate for the jury vote (a big one considering this semi is not full of jury friendly songs). If the televoting is not a disaster, he can easily qualify.
    Likes  joao liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

5. Super Moderator
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
    I think the Netherlands are certain. They're vocals together are just too good, the juries are going to love it.
    But their song sucks big time. If the juries are going for any of them, Ireland is the obvious choice. OG3NE have really impressive vocals, but this year is full of great femenine voices and they can't all qualify.
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

6. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    But their song sucks big time. If the juries are going for any of them, Ireland is the obvious choice. OG3NE have really impressive vocals, but this year is full of great femenine voices and they can't all qualify.
    I much prefer the Dutch song to the Irish one, but that is obviously a matter of personal opinion. Plus, it seems Brendan still wasn't able to hit that big high note at the end of the performance today, from what I've read (I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not ) That has the power to kill it's chances with the juries.

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

7. Super Moderator
    Spain

I much prefer the Dutch song to the Irish one, but that is obviously a matter of personal opinion. Plus, it seems Brendan still wasn't able to hit that big high note at the end of the performance today, from what I've read (I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not ) That has the power to kill it's chances with the juries.
    Well, obviously
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

8. Legend
    Mexico

(I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not )
    I'll put it in a spoiler in case you actively don't want to know here's some extra text so it doesn't show up in your notification

Likes  DanielLuis liked this post

Congrats Jamala/Salvador/Netta, best consecutive winners ever
    Just an Arizona snowbird who loves ESC

9. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    I'll put it in a spoiler in case you actively don't want to know here's some extra text so it doesn't show up in your notification

Aw, how thoughtful of you But don't worry, I'm not seeing videos and stuff but I'm reading the reviews published by the blogs. I just wanna keep away the visuals til next week, if possible
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

10. Mentor
    Portugal

I never heard Brendan hitting that big note once actually... that's quite worrying

11. Wizard
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    While this year does have a bunch of good female voices, I think the clustering of songs is actually worse for Ireland than it is for the Netherlands here. There isn't anything else quite like the Dutch entry in SF2, in that it's got female harmonies and those 90s country-soul elements to it. Meanwhile, Ireland comes up against Austria as a 'baby-faced young guy singing about trying your best with a sky motif' song, and against Bulgaria as a 'baby-faced young guy singing a traditional, emotional ballad' song - and I think it loses on both fronts.

When you also consider that Ireland's coming after a string of five performances that have all been pretty well-received so far... it doesn't look great for him. I think Brendan's only real qualification hope is that he a) nails every note perfectly, b) San Marino after him is entirely forgettable, and c) the Dutch and Danish songs both surprisingly flop.