View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll

190 51.21%

26 7.01%

19 5.12%

17 4.58%

3 0.81%

22 5.93%

10 2.70%

14 3.77%

5 1.35%

8 2.16%

57 15.36%
Page 273 of 283 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2826

Thread: PORTUGAL 2017 - Salvador Sobral - Amar pelos dois

PORTUGAL 2017 - Salvador Sobral - Amar pelos dois

2. Veteran
    Portugal

Re: PORTUGAL 2017 - Salvador Sobral - Amar pelos dois

Quote Originally Posted by 12Points View Post

Mess :-)
    That was aired immediately after we won. I think people controling what was being broadcast on RTP were still partying hard at that point and weren't paying attention to what they were doing

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

3. Veteran
    Greece

Likes  joao, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

4. Senior Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by 12Points View Post

Mess :-)
    I think someone had too much to drink that evening
    Amar Pelos Dois <3 Running On Air <3 Blackbird <3 Adio <3 Fairytale <3 Rise Like A Phoenix <3 AMLM <3 And the list goes on....just ask

5. Active Member
    Turkey

I'm so happy that Portugal won after 50 years with an unique and unforgettable song, but his speech about "fast food music" and real art was really pretentious. At the end he would't even dream of getting this much success if he didn't participate in Eurovision.

6. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisback View Post
    I'm so happy that Portugal won after 50 years with an unique and unforgettable song, but his speech about "fast food music" and real art was really pretentious. At the end he would't even dream of getting this much success if he didn't participate in Eurovision.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

7. Senior Member
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    Really good counter argument, I'm really impressed. Nice one.
    Likes  LesterMalvo, randajad, EscTurkey, Pawhlen liked this post

Personal winners 18: | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

8. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by 0scar View Post
    Really good counter argument, I'm really impressed. Nice one.
    this has been, exhaustively, discussed in this thread and in almost every other thread in this forum and in a couple of other ones. it gets boring.

9. See You Space Cowboy
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisback View Post
    Yeah, and where does Salvador shade the Eurovision Song Contest itself? "We live in a world of disposable music, fast food music". He speaks about music as a whole. He wouldn't achieve this success without Eurovision, yes, and that's because commercial radio wouldn't consider giving genuine jazz artists a platform in a gazillion years, and now an understated Portuguese jazz song is charting top 10 in countries across Europe, all because it was finally given a big platform. I imagine he's very grateful to Eurovision. I think he's speaking out against the machine that is the music industry.

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    Yeah, and where does Salvador shade the Eurovision Song Contest itself? "We live in a world of disposable music, fast food music". He speaks about music as a whole. He wouldn't achieve this success without Eurovision, yes, and that's because commercial radio wouldn't consider giving genuine jazz artists a platform in a gazillion years, and now an understated Portuguese jazz song is charting top 10 in countries across Europe, all because it was finally given a big platform. I imagine he's very grateful to Eurovision. I think he's speaking out against the machine that is the music industry.
    We had a discussion about this in the other thread, and I guess it depends on what you read into it, but to many it was pretty much a shade against Eurovision itself aswell because he made it sound like FINALLY real music got some success, and the comment about fireworks etc. is a clear gibe at Eurovision, if you think else-wise I think you are slightly fooling yourself.

11. See You Space Cowboy
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    We had a discussion about this in the other thread, and I guess it depends on what you read into it, but to many it was pretty much a shade against Eurovision itself aswell because he made it sound like FINALLY real music got some success, and the comment about fireworks etc. is a clear gibe at Eurovision, if you think else-wise I think you are slightly fooling yourself.
    But as I said before in the other topic, Salvador hadn't even watched Eurovision one time in his life before competing at it. He had no idea what the music was like. He knows what the business is like though.

I think if you take his comments as a dig at Eurovision then you're probably fooling yourself actually, as he has no former knowledge of the contest, or preconceptions. He knows what it's like to live as a jazz musician though, and he knows what music we're fed daily in our lives. People can feel offended at the fact he attacked the way in which music is consumed today, and his dig at music being more than just fireworks, but I think those thinking he's being disrespectful to Eurovision are just looking for more to be offended over. He hasn't said "This is a truly atrocious contest, with awful songs. I'm the best and you all suck". He spoke out against the nature in which music is now consumed (we listen, we throw away) and that he thinks music is about the feels, and wants that back again.