View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll

42 20.90%

23 11.44%

18 8.96%

16 7.96%

19 9.45%

16 7.96%

16 7.96%

13 6.47%

14 6.97%

9 4.48%

15 7.46%
Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

2. Junkie
    Poland

Re: POLAND 2017

Another NF with some well known acts, please

3. Junior Member
    Poland

4. Ninja
    Israel

I would like Margaret, Edyta Gorniak, Ewelina Lisowska, Dawid Podsiadlo or Sylwia Grzeszczak please and pick your artist via Internal selection rather than this awful mess of a national final
    <3

5. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    I would like Margaret, Edyta Gorniak, Ewelina Lisowska, Dawid Podsiadlo or Sylwia Grzeszczak please and pick your artist via Internal selection rather than this awful mess of a national final
    What was wrong with the NF?
    Current 2018 ranking (22nd April) 12. France, 10. Belgium, 8. Denmark, 7. Norway, 6. Armenia, 5. Netherlands, 4. Lithuania, 3. Hungary, 2. Ukraine, 1. Romania

6. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    Margaret was "supposed" to win, a lot of people still have sour grapes towards the selection.

I was ok with the outcome even though I was actually a fan "Cool me down" but her performance turned me off quite a bit and if I had heard it for the first time, there was no way I would have supported it.

7. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Margaret was "supposed" to win, a lot of people still have sour grapes towards the selection.
    That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was an actual, legitimate reason.
    Current 2018 ranking (22nd April) 12. France, 10. Belgium, 8. Denmark, 7. Norway, 6. Armenia, 5. Netherlands, 4. Lithuania, 3. Hungary, 2. Ukraine, 1. Romania

8. Junkie
    Poland

That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was an actual, legitimate reason.
    The NF is on TVP1 where the majority of viewers are old grandmas !

9. Ninja
    Israel

Stodgy host, mistaking flags of other participating countries, confusing televoting rules, not choosing a proper venue, disappointing live performances, bratty teenagers and fanboys voting and spoiling the result, undeserved winner (who won only because of these teenagers and fanboys, as well as the fact that Polish people think that he will win because he is supposedly similar to Conchita and has a ballad)...

The sad truth is that Poland is generally considered one of the worst countries in the Eurovision history. The only good songs that have ever emerged from Krajowe Eliminacje are IMO Keine Grenzen, For Life and Jestem. Last few years were also quite satisfactory: this is because TVP decided to select their artists internally. My Slowianie was very controversial entry but, regardless of that, achieved a big success. Monika was a beautiful soul who spread heart-warming message and had an impact on other people. On the other hand, this year they have picked an awfully outdated reject from Russia, sung by a talented but inexperienced artist who has been accused of cheating many times throughout his 'career' and who has a big fanbase that keeps spamming every single video on youtube. That's why I believe that organising another national final is just a waste of money and another 'opportunity' for Poland to shine (but in a negative way).
    <3

10. Guru
    Poland

For the 3rd time in a row I would like to start with: Margaret.

But not because I am a psychofan of her, but I think she has the best team from current Polish stars and they can give us catchy radio-frendly and good for Eurovision song. Anyway, as a big fan of "Cool Me Down" which is not only my favourite song of Margaret but one of my favourite pop-songs in general I think it will be not that easy to record another ESC-hit for her (that would be better than CMD), BUT she said that this is the first single for her upcoming album and all those new (for her) sounds from CMD are a little sneak-peak of this album, so... I am just waiting for it.

I can analyse more - now, "Cool Me Down" is released worldwide. Warner Music Group is focused on Scandinavia markets where this single will be promoted the most, but of course this is (finally!) relesaed in whole Europe and not only - e.g. the single debuted on iTunes chart in such Latin America countries like Argentina or Peru. Now, as a viewer, I keep my fingers crossed, because I always wanted Poland to send an entry that peak not only really high position in ESC, but also in European Charts. "My Słowianie" ended up at 5th place in televoting but in general it was 14th and it was charted only in Poland. Monika Kuszyńska song was also out of charts (even in Poland) and the same situation is when it comes to "Color of your life". The song is still out of Official Airplay Chart Top 100 in Poland, the only hope for this song is when just one week before ESC2016 radio and TV stations will play the song because of whole event and maybe this is the way to get some air plays on the radio to be at least charted in Top100 (the second hope is when "Color of your life" wins and everyone will love it for sure ). So, speaking of charts, Margaret has a change to be charted and recognized without participation in Eurovision so if she's succseed with "Cool Me Down" I am not sure if there is a chance that she would like to participate in this contest again, because it was a big stress for her and there are still haters out there who post mean things on her profiles even if she's not our entry on ESC2016.

Second option for me is Ewelina Lisowska, because she has a really strong voice and she has also very catchy hits, in Polish and in English.

Anyway, Brodka is out of my personal list, because I don't like her new sounds - she will release her new album in Europe, but this is far away from songs of "Grada" or "Varsovie". I know that people are wowed, because she's growing up etc etc blablabla and this is not allowed to say bad thing for such a great artist (she is, really!), but her single is just boring for me.

This is my speach about artists, but the most important thing is A SONG. And performance. And staging. There is a lack of those things in our entries, seriously, they think that they can go to the stage, sing a song and bye. Only "My Słowianie" had the power and this is my favourite entry of the all the time by Poland. Sadly, all Polish pop artists record the same pop-trash songs in Polish language, becase if they want to be succeed in here they HAVE TO record in Polish to be played on the radio. It is recommended by music labels, that's why there is not that many artists in our popculture that record in English and Polish pop-songs sound the same.

I think this is all I wanted to say now, because we have a lot of the time. Now the most important thing is Michał Szpak and I hope that he will be in the final concert and we will not withdraw.

Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast