View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll

42 20.79%

23 11.39%

19 9.41%

16 7.92%

19 9.41%

16 7.92%

16 7.92%

13 6.44%

14 6.93%

9 4.46%

15 7.43%
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

2. Mentor
    United States

Re: POLAND 2017

Honestly, after seeing Margaret at this year's NF, I don't know why everyone wants to see her in ESC. Yes, Cool Me Down was FUN. But it's not like she writes her music herself. And if you're gonna buy a song from elsewhere, why not buy it for someone who can actually deliver?
    Likes  lavieenrose, mgru liked this post

3. Ninja
    Poland

No surprise to hear this from me, but I would die to see Justyna Steczkowska with some trip-hop like this

OMG yes, slay my body
    Likes  lavieenrose, revallsay liked this post

4. Legend
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Next year the contest will be in Ukraine. Maybe it would be good idea to send Enej
    unfortunately they are not interested + someone from the band would have to sit out and they don't want it ;(
    EUROVISION 2018 GROMEE & LUKAS MEIJER - LIGHT ME UP
    #TeamGromee #TeamLukas #Krakow2019 #LightMeUp

5. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKnows View Post
    Honestly, after seeing Margaret at this year's NF, I don't know why everyone wants to see her in ESC. Yes, Cool Me Down was FUN. But it's not like she writes her music herself. And if you're gonna buy a song from elsewhere, why not buy it for someone who can actually deliver?
    How many of the ESC acts write their own stuff? Heck many countries don't even send songs made by people from their own countries (Margareth included)... I don't find this a strong argument (although I agree that songs should atleast be made by locals).

6. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Juries still remain a big issue though. It's very suspicious that a country is in bottom 5 with the juries every single year...
    Well, 2015-2016 entries kinda sucked, but I do agree that Poland always ranked more or less last is no coincidense. It's clearly political and only to block diaspora voting.

Now I don't like blind nationalist diaspora voting, but biased juries who ONLY look at countries are hardly good either. It's one thing to block diaspora voting, another to put into system to systematically "punish" countries for simply having diaspora and therefor completely overlooking their entries.

Also I found it funny how Polish diaspora suddently came alive, just some years ago Poland still had as much diaspora and even without juries involved Poland still flopped each year.

7. Ninja
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Also I found it funny how Polish diaspora suddently came alive, just some years ago Poland still had as much diaspora and even without juries involved Poland still flopped each year.
    Polish diaspora alone doesnt have enough power to push entry to 3rd in televoting... Acknowledge the fact, that not only polish diaspora voted for this song...
    Likes  revallsay, Ritararita liked this post

8. Guru
    Poland

Well, to be fair - none of our Top 3 from National Final is a songwriter of his/her song.

For me this is not a bad thing if artist cooperates with talented producers to make music, but of course I prefer when they do something by themselves. It is more serious this way.

9. Mentor
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    How many of the ESC acts write their own stuff? Heck many countries don't even send songs made by people from their own countries (Margareth included)... I don't find this a strong argument (although I agree that songs should atleast be made by locals).
    Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    Well, to be fair - none of our Top 3 from National Final is a songwriter of his/her song.
    You misunderstood me.

Cool Me Down was a fun song. But Margaret didn't do it justice. The song was wasted on her tbh. Since she didn't write it, the producers should've bought it for someone who could actually deliver it. For next year, if there's a good song available, don't give it to Margaret, give it to someone who's talented.
    Likes  Ritararita, revallsay, blue00eyes liked this post

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Polish diaspora alone doesnt have enough power to push entry to 3rd in televoting... Acknowledge the fact, that not only polish diaspora voted for this song...
    I know there are some liking those clich dated ESC ballads and acknowledge that diaspora can bring you far but not to the entire top, so sure there were people who weren't amongst the diaspora supporting it aswell, but I'm afraid a large portion were diaspora voters in fact.

11. Veteran
    Sweden

You misunderstood me.

Cool Me Down was a fun song. But Margaret didn't do it justice. The song was wasted on her tbh. Since she didn't write it, the producers should've bought it for someone who could actually deliver it. For next year, if there's a good song available, don't give it to Margaret, give it to someone who's talented.
    Ok now I understand what you mean, I don't think she was that bad though? The problem was the production of the Polish selection, I mean barely no one could deliver something "good" in such a budget bad production. They all more or less sounded and looked bad on stage and she hardly wasn't one of the worst, in fact I don't see a big problem with her performance in that context, would have for sure been polished alot for ESC had she won.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast