View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll

42 20.90%

23 11.44%

18 8.96%

16 7.96%

19 9.45%

16 7.96%

16 7.96%

13 6.47%

14 6.97%

9 4.48%

15 7.46%
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

2. Ninja
    Italy

Re: POLAND 2017

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Why would Margaret take part in Melfest though?

If she takes part in the Polish NF once again, it'll probably be for publicity like last year. Unless the 2017 lineup is really rubbish, I can't see her going anywhere if her "interpretation skills" haven't improved.
    Well, Margaret is signed to Warner Music Sweden, "Cool Me Down" was somehow a hit in Sweden, and Margaret performed on Lotta p Liseberg and Sommarkrysset (both on TV4) this summer. And she was Snapchating on English when she arrived to one of Stockholm's airports, so there were rumours she's taking part on MF2017.

And Bjrkman said on the press conference to OGAE Poland that she won't be against her participation on MF, but her label didn't suggest her.
    We won't let gravity, Won't let gravity win, I've got a pocket full of feathers, Won't let gravity, Won't let gravity win https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_EhiRG6g0

3. Legend
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by PamSwynford View Post
    Well, Margaret is signed to Warner Music Sweden, "Cool Me Down" was somehow a hit in Sweden, and Margaret performed on Lotta p Liseberg and Sommarkrysset (both on TV4) this summer. And she was Snapchating on English when she arrived to one of Stockholm's airports, so there were rumours she's taking part on MF2017.

And Bjrkman said on the press conference to OGAE Poland that she won't be against her participation on MF, but her label didn't suggest her.
    I have a feeling she sent a song to compete there, but they didn't pick it..
    I beyond the BONES!

4. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Why would Margaret take part in Melfest though?

If she takes part in the Polish NF once again, it'll probably be for publicity like last year. Unless the 2017 lineup is really rubbish, I can't see her going anywhere if her "interpretation skills" haven't improved.
    It's just speculation. Margaret was hot rumoured before the announcement of Melodifestivalen artists. Rumour has it she was in Stockholm at the time and she apparently made some hints on twitter. Bjrkman was looking for that big artist to seal the show and had a seat and artist reserved in case it didn't work according to plan. Loreen was hesitant to the "last minute" but finally decided to participate. Loreen must have worked on the song quite a bit by that time though. The same must be true for the artist standing by whoever that was.

To me it actually makes sense. Margaret had a decent hit with "Cool me down" in Sweden and if she'd have a good song in Melodifestivalen, she could break as an artist in Sweden. If I were her I would chose this anytime over trying again in the Polish NF after the failure with "Cool me down". Trying again isn't honestly a great thing to do. Simple as that.

In the interviews after the Melodifestivalen announcements, Bjrkman denied the story and claimed: "We haven't been approached by Margaret or her management about participating in Melodifestivalen, but if that should be the case in future, we are very interested".

edit:
    I just saw @PamSwynford saying pretty much the same thing. I think my source is Tobbe Ek if remember right, but it really doesn't matter since Christer Bjrkman denied everything
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

5. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Looking at music "the proper way" it was a banal oldfashion ballad

I still don't get how it ended up so well, for once I kinda agreed with the juries anti Poland bias...
    Juries being possibly biased against Poland (although with such a dated ballad I'm not surprised it was so low with the juries) is kind of needed because of the positive bias in televoting due to Poland's (and Lithuania's) huge diaspora. I wonder if there will be rule alterations for next year to address that.
    Current 2018 ranking (22nd April) 12. France, 10. Belgium, 8. Denmark, 7. Norway, 6. Armenia, 5. Netherlands, 4. Lithuania, 3. Hungary, 2. Ukraine, 1. Romania

6. Legend
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    Juries being possibly biased against Poland (although with such a dated ballad I'm not surprised it was so low with the juries) is kind of needed because of the positive bias in televoting due to Poland's (and Lithuania's) huge diaspora. I wonder if there will be rule alterations for next year to address that.
    But why diaspora earlier didn't vote for Poland, their diaspora was created in 2016?? GOSH!

In Slovenia and Croatia Poles don't live as diaspora at all, and these countries (just one example of many examples) voted Poland in 2016..it says smth..
    just get over the fact ppl loved Polish entry in 2016 and voted it..
    we will see n 2017, if Poland will have bad result, were will gone all that diaspora!
    Likes  lavieenrose, tuorem liked this post

I beyond the BONES!

7. Legend
    Serbia

30 000 000 views on YT...and ppl from all over the World praise that song in comments there, almost 200 000 likes on YT, its a fantastic and well deserved success, the first Polish entry in ESC to have such success..BRAVO dear lovely Michal, we ADORE ya!!
    I beyond the BONES!

8. Legend
    Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Mrm View Post
    But why diaspora earlier didn't vote for Poland, their diaspora was created in 2016?? GOSH!

In Slovenia and Croatia Poles don't live as diaspora at all, and these countries (just one example of many examples) voted Poland in 2016..it says smth..
    just get over the fact ppl loved Polish entry in 2016 and voted it..
    we will see n 2017, if Poland will have bad result, were will gone all that diaspora!
    The worst is when "2016 was diaspora!" comes from people who somehow think it came from thin air and that this spontaneous diaspora had nothing to do with 2014. I may not have liked 2014 but have no right to question the legitimacy of its televote success.
    Likes  Mrm, tuorem liked this post

Congrats Jamala/Salvador/Netta, best consecutive winners ever

9. Legend
    Serbia

And the end of the song when he screams from the bottom of his soul and heart, it gives me shivers and kills me completely..

I beyond the BONES!

10. Legend
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    The worst is when "2016 was diaspora!" comes from people who somehow think it came from thin air and that this spontaneous diaspora had nothing to do with 2014.
    e.x.a.c.t.l.y. FULL STOP!
    I beyond the BONES!

11. Veteran
    Portugal

I dislike the song but this is true. There is no way it came THIRD in the televoting from diaspora alone. Otherwise Poland would have done a lot better than the very bad results they had when it was 100% televoting.

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden