View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll

38 20.11%

22 11.64%

18 9.52%

16 8.47%

17 8.99%

14 7.41%

15 7.94%

12 6.35%

14 7.41%

8 4.23%

15 7.94%
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

2. Senior Member
    Poland

Re: POLAND 2017 - Kasia Moś - Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I know that this year's NF is history now, but I still can't get over Brzozowski being 2nd. Like did he really think he can win Eurovision with that joke of a song? Did Poles really think that too? I did not want Kasia to win, but when I saw the results, I was overjoyed. At least we have some chances to achieve final now.
    Haha, same here. I didn't want Kasia to win but when I saw that she is the only chance for Rafal Brzozowski fail, I was like "please, send her". Anyway, our juries from NF were like jokes, I remember that one lady voted for Brzozowski, "because he plays on the piano very beautiful" o_O. So... they didn't know that music is not live on ESC, how cool is that? And average age of jury members was like 65, it killed selection IMO.

I still don't get why songs like "Hide and seek" by Helolove or "Watchin you" by Rybicki had no chance to be on the NF stage, but something like song of this boy Olaf Bressa could be presented. Artur Orzech, who is a narrator of Eurovision in Poland and every year he is really annoying and sceptical to many songs on ESC, was one from the team that decided who's gonna perform on NF stage and he selected sh*tty songs over those 2 I mentioned. WTF.

Kasia Moś seems to be a nice girl with a great voice, but let's face it - the song itself is not spectacular, so it's hard to make provision of our result, but this is still better than "In the name of love" and it reached the final, so... I don't know. All those things make me an average viewer of Eurovision this year, I am not exciced at all. In last 3 years (2014-2016) Poland sent people who are famous. This year we have a girl from TV commercial. I don't think it's bad to send no-names, but only with goooood songs. I feel like ultra fans of Eurovision like OGAE had their favourite - jury voted, because they knew those comments from OGAE and now all those people are crazy about her like she's going to win, you can feel it in comments section on YT etc. I don't feel it, but who knows? Michał Szpak in televoting was also a big surprise. Anyway, if Kasia fails (I keep my fingers crossed for her success, for sure) and she will be not in the final, I think we'll be on the same place like before Donatan and Cleo, place with sad Magdalena Tul face.

From those all performances of NF, I voted for Carmell (she was first on televoting!) and Aneta Sablik even if her song was kinda boring, but live vocal was perfect and she is amazing as a person I guess, it was nice to watch and nice to hear and in my opinion she was the only one who decided not only to sing but she tried to do something with the stage.

Isabell Otrębus had a nice song, but live was awful, not only audio but vision as well, it did not arouse good feeling of her, and I think this is important too on the ESC stage. Anyway, juries heard all those crazy comments that Isabell is cool (there was a big buzz about her before NF, like in Margaret's case in previous year) and they gave her many points after her bad performance. She was very low in televoting. That shows something too.

PS: Kasia Moś gave some interviews and she said that they are going to prepare good visualisations on the stage, I think it's cool that they think about it. Monika Kuszynska and Michał Szpak got something not personal from organizer... so nice that finally someone knows that things that we can SEE omn the stage are important as well.
    Likes  burrito liked this post

3. Amateur
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    In last 3 years (2014-2016) Poland sent people who are famous. This year we have a girl from TV commercial.
    Which ad she was in? I remember her only from Must Be The Music, I believe, and just because my mom was in love with her

Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    I remember that one lady voted for Brzozowski, "because he plays on the piano very beautiful" o_O. So... they didn't know that music is not live on ESC, how cool is that?
    Oh God. Yeah, surely the whole Europe would fall for his beautiful piano playing. (seems like Austria 2015 wasn't playing it beautifully enough.)
    Having a jury younger than it is now is a key for us and it's a shame we cannot get anyone else to decide which song is the best. When Sadowska is the youngest in jury you know we got some problem. This and our general outlook on Eurovision must change - which I believe has a great impact on quality of our songs too - but that's how is ESC perceived in our society, this is really a different story and a subject for another conversation.

In general we had a weak NF. I wasn't a fan of Aneta's song until I heard it live - it was something quite outstanding and I liked her energy. It was not an esc-winning song, but I believe it might be something that would appeal to wider audience and stand out in a positive way. Especially that we pretty much have a balladvision this year. Isabell on the other hand gave me kinda Russia 2015 vibe, but in much much much cheaper version. I was personally counting on Lanberry as her song is very contemporary, but her performance left me extremely disappointed.

Back to Kasia, I hope that they will prepare something big for the stage. Good that they want something more personal... As the song is bit boring, we probably will rely on the staging quite much.
    Likes  simonPL liked this post

4. Senior Member
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Which ad she was in? I remember her only from Must Be The Music, I believe, and just because my mom was in love with her
    Link4 commercial. To be honest, I haven't noticed it before, but I saw an article about it on WirtualneMedia.pl a few weeks ago. And many people write this information in comments that she is well known from Link4.

I didn't know she participated in Must Be The Music anyway.

5. Amateur
    Poland

I did not realize that was her! Seems like I'm really going deaf and blind at the same time
    She finished third in third season, at least this is what wikipedia says. But that was a quite long time ago. Kinda shame that she did not make a big career here since then, because she actually deserves some more recognition anyway.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455