View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll

14 6.39%

11 5.02%

17 7.76%

12 5.48%

16 7.31%

27 12.33%

19 8.68%

19 8.68%

20 9.13%

25 11.42%

39 17.81%
Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMANY 2017 - Levina - Perfect Life

GERMANY 2017 - Levina - Perfect Life

2. Wizard
    Germany

Re: GERMANY 2017

It's not just one problem ... there are a whole lot of them....

1. The German NF
    -The viewing-figures show that the interest in the ESC is still very high in Germany - Why do we only get a small, kinda embarrassing NF without heart and soul?
    -The focus of our NF-concept is still too much on the artists - It should be about the SONGS and the PERFORMANES in the first place
    -A jury (or juries) is needed in the NF because the public always tends to vote for the artists they already know even if the song is medicore
    -The choice of songs in our NF needs to be massively improved - the NDR needs to understand that radio-friendly, mainstream songs don't guarantee a good result (therefore the line-up needs to be more diverse and less mainstream)
    -same applies to the artists ... A National final shouldn't be a refuge for casting show wannabe's, fallen stars or attention whores but rather a platform for real musicians to present their own music not only for the sake of promotion (Hello Avantasia)
    -Our National Final should receive a better promotion and it needs a Friday or Saturday time slot (a higher interest is always a good thing - Germany needs to get behind their own entry. That's not possible if 50% of the people don't even know who is representing us)
    -The NDR needs to stop being so stubborn (listen to feedback e.g. from the fans)

2. The Time after the NF
    -The German entry should be obligated to attend at least two pre-events (international Feedback is always a great thing + it's good for the artist to suck in the positive energies and to meet the other artists)

3. The Performance itself
    -It's not enough to throw some visual stimuli towards the audience ... a good performance needs a meaningful concept! The NDR should hire a stage-director who should work on a round concept together with the artist.

Things need to change ... not in two years or in 4 months ... now!

3. Enthusiast
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBango View Post
    It's not just one problem ... there are a whole lot of them....

1. The German NF

-same applies to the artists ... A National final shouldn't be a refuge for casting show wannabe's, fallen stars or attention whores but rather a platform for real musicians to present their own music not only for the sake of promotion (Hello Avantasia)
    Why should any artist take part in a national final if not for promotion reasons?

4. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jaan View Post
    Why should any artist take part in a national final if not for promotion reasons?
    Dunno maybe to represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest ?
    Likes  Dutchball liked this post

If we are going to stick to the current format of our NF, I only have 1 wish for next year: Don't let any former casting contestants enter the competition! That means no DSDS, The Voice or WildCard winners. I really don't like to exclude people but unfortunately, the German public automatically tends to vote for the hottest casting discovery of the moment even if their songs are total crap and I'm frakking over it. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOL View Post
    Well, that's just my opinion but I'm definitely against an internal election, it would end like Xavier Naidoo last year, no matter who they would choose (Just imagine all the hate against Helene Fischer if they would have chosen her )
    Well, I happen to think that NDR was actually on the right track when they wanted to select an act internally for this year. The problem was that they didn't stand by their choice and gave in to all the nay-sayers. Internal selection is the only way to get a relevant artist to compete for us because they're all scared of losing out to some nobody with a crappy song in the NF. What I also like about internally selecting an artist and letting the public decide on the song is that it puts the focus where it belongs: On the music. IMO, the biggest flaw of our current NF system is that all too often, voters vote for the artist they like best - and not the best song.

6. Enthusiast
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by jaan View Post
    And they should do it for what? National pride? Jesus, sometimes I think that you live in a pink fairytale world.

7. Addict
    United States

So, is there a reason why the partnership between NDR, Stefan Raab, and Pro7 ceased to exist? Is there a possibility that this partnership can continue? Germany literally solved their problems, then seemingly and randomly abandoned this solution.

8. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by bstream View Post
    So, is there a reason why the partnership between NDR, Stefan Raab, and Pro7 ceased to exist? Is there a possibility that this partnership can continue? Germany literally solved their problems, then seemingly and randomly abandoned this solution.
    Well it's quite complicated - The NDR/ARD always wanted to have the big "final show" while Pro7 had to live with the lesser watched elimination-rounds.

9. Ninja
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by HSV1887 View Post
    Well, I happen to think that NDR was actually on the right track when they wanted to select an act internally for this year. The problem was that they didn't stand by their choice and gave in to all the nay-sayers. Internal selection is the only way to get a relevant artist to compete for us because they're all scared of losing out to some nobody with a crappy song in the NF. What I also like about internally selecting an artist and letting the public decide on the song is that it puts the focus where it belongs: On the music. IMO, the biggest flaw of our current NF system is that all too often, voters vote for the artist they like best - and not the best song.
    You're right. Maybe I did not express myself well, choosing someone internally is not wrong or bad, it's just that every artist will get shitstormed because "We were not allowed to vote", "His/Her music is shit", "Why not XY" and so on... It seems to me as if they would be hated in general.
    Maybe Naidoo was an exception, but I doubt it.. They always try to find things to hate someone and if I guess BILD helped the shitstorm last year to grow... I don't know about this situation in other countries.

1. The German NF [...]
    2. The Time after the NF [...]
    3. The Performance itself [...]

The NDR really needs to take things serious. But right now I would say we get a shitty NF again...

Why can we not organize our German NF?
    Likes  GermanBango liked this post

10. Senior Member
    Germany

Wtf. Tobi Sammet is a great composer, he writes basically most of the songs on his own (I remember you supported Jamie-Lee real hard, wth is this argumenting now? No more casting show wannabes, but real musicains and then this backlash on Avantasia, who are all exceptional artists?! Make up your mind!). And it always has been about promoting music, anything else is just wishful thinking. Pretty much all artists state it's a great opportunity to get your music known across Europe.
    The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.

11. Wizard
    Germany

I don't think it's bad when artists seek for promotion through a national final participation, as long as their song is good. Which is what NDR has to work most about. Maybe they should invite fans and others to review the songs suggested by the labels - and others, just like they did in UK this year.